2011 Oregon Disc Golf Championships (ORDGC)- September 17th-18th Trojan Park Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Oregon Disc Golf Championships (ORDGC)- September 17th-18th Trojan Park

Stumptown Disc Golf
    presents
    2011 Oregon Disc Golf Championships
    Sept 17th & 18th
    3 rounds of 18 holes at Trojan Disc Golf Course

This PDGA sanctioned B-Tier invitation only event is designed to deliver the USDGC experience to players right here in Oregon. In order to crown 4 Oregon State Champions, we will again be setting up the Trojan Disc Golf Course in its most challenging layout ever. If you have any doubts about the difficulty of this course just ask someone who played the event last year. This course is no joke.

Divisions & Number of Players
    76 total players
    32 Open Men, 6 Open Women, 32 Advanced Men, 6 Advanced Women

Invitations

Invitations will be awarded to the top eligible finishers in each division based on their overall score for that weekend. Players can only qualify once and invitations are non-transferable. In the event of a tie, I will give a spot to both players and remove one spot from the final qualifying event.

This is an “opt-in” event. To be eligible to qualify for the ORDGC players will need to pay $10 prior to the start of the first round of play at each qualifying event for their scores for that weekend to count. This $10 is NOT included in any entry fee for any of the above listed events. This is an entirely separate event and fee.

Please feel free to sign up to qualify via the Stumptown Store: REGISTER HERE

Qualifiers
    The following events will serve as qualifiers for the ORDGC:
    Great Northwest Open, McIver 3PO, Rose City Open, Beaver State Fling, Willamette Open, Whistling Discs Open and the Calapooia Classic.

Each event will award the following number of invitations:
    Open Men - 4, Open Women - 1, Advanced Men - 4, Advanced Women – 1. The only exceptions will be if a division fills early due to ties etc.

Masters
    Masters players are welcome to play in the ORDGC, but there will be no age based divisions. Masters will be eligible for invitations provided they play the same course at the same time as their non-protected division. For example: a Pro Master can qualify based on his score IF he played the same course at the same time as Open players. I will be asking TDs to make accommodations for this, but ultimately it will be up to them. Pro Masters are obviously welcome to try to qualify by playing in the Open division.

Schedule

I will have the course ready for practice rounds mid-morning on Friday, Sept 16th.
    On both days we will have our players meeting at 8:30AM and should be teeing off around 9:00am.

Last edited by Bullseye; September 14th, 2011, 05:24 PM.
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Isn't the Willamette Open usually in late September or October?

Comment

YES!!!

Thanks for the heads up Jeff!! I can't wait to get back some revenge on Trojan. It was the first time I'd ever played that park. I put together two great rounds and got smacked down on Sunday. Time to show that course who should really be scared!!!

ORDGC!!!

ps. Do the top 4 in each division from last year automatically qualify for this year? lol
      Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

woohoo!!!
        "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
        Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by purediscgolf View Post
          Thanks for the heads up Jeff!! I can't wait to get back some revenge on Trojan. It was the first time I'd ever played that park. I put together two great rounds and got smacked down on Sunday. Time to show that course who should really be scared!!!

ORDGC!!!

ps. Do the top 4 in each division from last year automatically qualify for this year? lol

Ha. No.

Earn it!
          "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
            Isn't the Willamette Open usually in late September or October?
            Here Let me Hemmerling that for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
              In my defense, I did make an effort to find the information. Google search returned nothing useful in the top few links. I also browsed through Treelove's calendar, although I see now that I missed it.

Thank you for both the information and the witty way in which it was supplied.

Comment

Now that is classic!

Comment

sweet... any layout changes in mind?

Comment

[QUOTE=Scott;9447 I also browsed through Treelove's calendar, although I see now that I missed it.[/QUOTE]

Understandable, there's a lot on there. Future: try clicking Options, then Search For Events.
                    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                      sweet... any layout changes in mind?
                      A few, very minor tweaks, but I think I got pretty close to what I wanted on that first time through.

Rest assured, the tweaks will NOT make it play easier. Muahahahahahaa.

Comment

A few, very minor tweaks, but I think I got pretty close to what I wanted on that first time through.

evil genius.
                        "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                        Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

I hope not, that layout was a breeze last year, talk about deuce or die..

Comment

Just a quick reminder that the Great Northwest Open this weekend is the first ORDGC qualifier. I will be there to take registrations prior to the start of the first round.

Comment

Count me in

I'll track you down Saturday morning.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X