The Disc Golf Civil War!(OSU disc golf fundraiser) April 2nd - Adair Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Disc Golf Civil War!(OSU disc golf fundraiser) April 2nd - Adair

This will be a fundraiser for the OSU Disc Golf Club to help raise money to make it to Nationals. It will take place Saturday, April 2nd at Adair, and will be a standard tournament with two rounds of singles. The entry fee will only be $20 a person, and we will have a raffle with tons of prizes to give out at the end. Come wearing either your black and orange, or green and yellow depending on which school you are supporting. If a person supporting UO wins the tournament, we will donate 10% of the funds we raise to their disc golf club. Registration will begin the day of the tournament from 8:30 - 9:30. Come support collegiate disc golf in the Northwest and participate in this Civil War Tournament for only $20!

Hey Everyone,
    For anyone who might not know I am coaching the OSU disc golf team and will be helping our club run this event. I think we might try a scoring system where the top 5 players on each side will be counted to decide who wins the Civil War this year. Please come out an support college disc golf in Oregon, we would love to see some of our feathered friends from the south there as well. Oregon State has been awarded a bid to the College National Disc Golf Championship and we are trying to raise the money to make the trip. We will happily donate 10% of the funds we raised to the U of O disc golf club if the ducks supporters can best the beaver supporters...but I intend to personally make sure that doesn't happen!

Please post any questions about the event here.

GO BEAVS!
    Innova Champion Discs
    Discmania
    huk lab
    Keen Footwear
    Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags
    Stimpi Ridge Disc Golf in Spokane, WA
    Play it Again Sports Corvallis and Eugene

Comment

Oh and just to clarify this will be a one division casual tournament with all the prizes being given away randomly raffle style at the end. So no need to worry if you don't think you can win, come show your pride for whatever school you support and you will have the same chance at prizes as everyone else!
      Innova Champion Discs
      Discmania
      huk lab
      Keen Footwear
      Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags

Comment

We are lining up some nice prizes for this event! Is anyone going to come and defend the honor of the ducks? We would hate to win the Civil War by forfeit...much more fun to demoralize and destroy!!! This will be payback for the football, I think you guys might have won...

Who plans on playing for the Beavs?

Of course unaffiliated players are more than welcome to play also!

Hope to see alot of you there, lets help the OSU team take advantage of this bid to the national tournament and show everybody what Oregon Disc Golf is about!
        Nate
        Innova Champion Discs
        Discmania
        huk lab
        Keen Footwear
        Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags

Comment

Originally posted by Nate Sexton View Post
          We are lining up some nice prizes for this event! Is anyone going to come and defend the honor of the ducks? We would hate to win the Civil War by forfeit...much more fun to demoralize and destroy!!! This will be payback for the football, I think you guys might have won...

Who plans on playing for the Beavs?

Of course unaffiliated players are more than welcome to play also!

Hope to see alot of you there, lets help the OSU team take advantage of this bid to the national tournament and show everybody what Oregon Disc Golf is about!
          Nate
          SOMEBODY besides me had BETTER be there to represent the Ducks. Maybe that Dave guy will be there. This really sounds like a fun day.

GOOOOOOOOoooooDUCKSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob

Comment

This sounds awesome. I'd love to bring the little beav to this one, but we'll be camping that weekend. I hope to see a repeat of this event in the future.

GO BEAVERS!

Comment

I need to move closer to Adair.........looks like two weekends in row down there. This should be a lot of fun.

Bob

Comment

Prizes are coming together for the disc golf civil war this weekend! I've got a brand new Champion Ape for one lucky person along with some other great discs! Hope to see a few ducks out there so we have something to play for, thanks for supporting college disc golf!
                Nate
                Innova Champion Discs
                Discmania
                huk lab
                Keen Footwear
                Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags

Comment

Sounds sick. Count me in as a duck.

Comment

fk the ducks, screw the beavers, the best oregon school is on the top of these 2, that's right, Western Oregon baby! Red and grey!

Wish I could make this...

Comment

Western fans are welcome to play also, if they can somehow win we would give them the 10%. But being a mini-micro school I can't see how that is possible...
                      Innova Champion Discs
                      Discmania
                      huk lab
                      Keen Footwear
                      Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags

Comment

Not a single duck??? Can't say I am surprised...but I am disappointed. Living among them for 2 years must have fooled me into thinking they had heart and courage! Anyways, BEAVS WIN!

We had 12 people show up for 2 rounds in some great weather. Everyone went home with at least one prize and a good time was had by all. Thanks everybody!
                        Nate
                        Innova Champion Discs
                        Discmania
                        huk lab
                        Keen Footwear
                        Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.