Disc Go Ball, April 9 & 10 - Bend, OR Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Show your support for another new course in Oregon

    Come on people, we REALLY need the support of the Disc Golf community here. This is pretty much a test event to show the city that there is a need for a new course in Bend. If all goes well this course (at least 18 holes of it) will be installed as part of the park (semi-permanently).
    Come on over the Mtn and show the city how much Disc Golf has grown over the years. You are assured to have a great time at the Disc-Go-Ball.

    Comment


    • #32
      Directions?

      Can someone confirm how to get to this course?

      It looks like the entrance is on Purcell Blvd and you drive east on a dirt road to the parking icon or do you drive west from Bend-Deschutes Market Rd?

      Comment


      • #33
        yeah, if directions from Portland (at least local directions as soon as I hit Bend) could be given I'd appreciate it. Trying to show our support (I think I have a joiner too meaning two more masters if you can handle that). Also, what time should the round each day start and approx end, all this is vital information if I am to persuade the lady. Thanks in advance for any and all response.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by loki View Post
          yeah, if directions from Portland (at least local directions as soon as I hit Bend) could be given I'd appreciate it. Trying to show our support (I think I have a joiner too meaning two more masters if you can handle that). Also, what time should the round each day start and approx end, all this is vital information if I am to persuade the lady. Thanks in advance for any and all response.
          Event Details: http://www.discventures.com/disc_go_ball.html

          Tentative Schedule: http://www.discventures.com/2011%20D...20Schedule.pdf

          Comment


          • #35
            Directions to Course: From HWY 97 or HWY 20, Exit on Empire Ave and head East (1 mile). Empire T's at Purcell, make a left and a quick right to enter the park. Next to Ponderosa Elementary.

            Comment


            • #36
              Day of sign ups are allowed. Just give us a heads up by sending your registration info in advance; Name, Division, PDGA#, Email, Phone.

              TD CONTACT: ryan@discventures.com

              Comment


              • #37
                thanks, i'll see you there.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Magilla View Post
                  Come on people, we REALLY need the support of the Disc Golf community here. This is pretty much a test event to show the city that there is a need for a new course in Bend. If all goes well this course (at least 18 holes of it) will be installed as part of the park (semi-permanently).
                  Come on over the Mtn and show the city how much Disc Golf has grown over the years. You are assured to have a great time at the Disc-Go-Ball.

                  It's not a lack of desire on my part, I wish I could! Three tournaments three weeks in a row in Oregon and I had to choose just one. I visit Bend a few times every year and would always try to play this course. Is there someone with the City of Bend who it would be helpful to send an e-mail to in order to demonstrate the need and potential for the course?

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
                    It's not a lack of desire on my part, I wish I could! Three tournaments three weeks in a row in Oregon and I had to choose just one. I visit Bend a few times every year and would always try to play this course. Is there someone with the City of Bend who it would be helpful to send an e-mail to in order to demonstrate the need and potential for the course?
                    During the event we'll take feedback on any desired course improvements. Your recommendations could help the Pine Nursery get cement tees, baskets, tee signs, etc. in the future.

                    Come show us how your discs fly?

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by discVENTures View Post
                      During the event we'll take feedback on any desired course improvements. Your recommendations could help the Pine Nursery get cement tees, baskets, tee signs, etc. in the future.

                      Come show us how your discs fly?
                      That's great. For those of us that cannot attend the event but would like to voice support for the course and let the people that need to know that we would definitely play it in the future, is there something we can do to help you?

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
                        That's great. For those of us that cannot attend the event but would like to voice support for the course and let the people that need to know that we would definitely play it in the future, is there something we can do to help you?
                        Your support is greatly appreciated. You can prove it playing the course next time you're in town.

                        Baby steps and patience, please. I realize this has some similarities to a few projects over in Eugene, we just don't want to push too hard until it's time. Much of the work is already completed and just waiting to flip the switch. The parks are aware of our interest and need. This project has been planned since 2001 and layout and park phasing plans have been modified many times in the last 10 years due to budget restrictions, etc. There isn't even a bathroom installed on the site yet (porta-john village for the tournament) and many other access/egress issues that need addressed before we can even consider approval.

                        So, we're not quite to the stage where a barrage of emails will benefit our cause. But, if you have a financial contribution or some other helpful info it couldn't hurt to send it our way. There are many folks involved at BMPRD, here is the contact info: http://www.bendparksandrec.org/info/...Us/Contact_Us/

                        The Disc Go Ball is planned to showcase the course and demonstrate how our sport is played and that is what we are asking for help with right now. With that in mind, please everybody be on your best behavior this weekend.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by discVENTures View Post
                          Your support is greatly appreciated. You can prove it playing the course next time you're in town.

                          Baby steps and patience, please. I realize this has some similarities to a few projects over in Eugene, we just don't want to push too hard until it's time. Much of the work is already completed and just waiting to flip the switch. The parks are aware of our interest and need. This project has been planned since 2001 and layout and park phasing plans have been modified many times in the last 10 years due to budget restrictions, etc. There isn't even a bathroom installed on the site yet (porta-john village for the tournament) and many other access/egress issues that need addressed before we can even consider approval.

                          So, we're not quite to the stage where a barrage of emails will benefit our cause. But, if you have a financial contribution or some other helpful info it couldn't hurt to send it our way. There are many folks involved at BMPRD, here is the contact info: http://www.bendparksandrec.org/info/...Us/Contact_Us/

                          The Disc Go Ball is planned to showcase the course and demonstrate how our sport is played and that is what we are asking for help with right now. With that in mind, please everybody be on your best behavior this weekend.
                          I definitely was not suggesting a barrage of emails or drawing any paralells to courses in Eugene. I will play the course next time I am in Bend.
                          Sorry if my question was a distraction in this thread, good luck with your tournament.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            At a $20/30 entrance fee and lack of players at this point, it would be my hope that anyone who wants a new course in Bend in the future, donate it now even if you are not planning on playing the tournament. It would and will be awesome to have a course in Bend. You got my cash and I am not playing the tournament this weekend. Thanks in advance for a future course.
                            Last edited by wildrivers; April 10th, 2011, 08:31 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Nice....Haggerty is coming.

                              Anyone else??? Beuller??

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Where to stay?

                                A car load coming from Corvallis tomorrow, we were thinking about camping but dont know where or if we can camp there at the park, any suggestions would be awesome.

                                Comment

                                Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X