2011 Beaver State Fling presented by Keen Footwear - June 24-26 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Scott View Post
    You are correct, although passing the rules test and/or becoming an official is certainly a good idea for any player.
    i would double check on this (or maybe someone else will answer... paging chuck kennedy...). i feel like i remember seeing that now ams playing in super tour events have to take the test as well.

    btw... trickiest damn test perhaps that i have ever taken.
    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by emmarose View Post
      i would double check on this (or maybe someone else will answer... paging chuck kennedy...). i feel like i remember seeing that now ams playing in super tour events have to take the test as well.

      btw... trickiest damn test perhaps that i have ever taken.
      Double checked. From the PDGA site:

      Q: Who has to take the PDGA Certified Officials Exam?
      A: Tournament Directors of PDGA Sanctioned events are required to be a Certified Official. Starting in 2011 passing the Official's Exam is now required for all amateurs and professional competitors playing in a National Tour Elite Series or PDGA Major event.

      The rules proficiency test no longer exists. Instead, anyone who plays in a NT or PDGA Major has to pass the PDGA Certified Officials Exam.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by Scott View Post
        Double checked. From the PDGA site:

        Q: Who has to take the PDGA Certified Officials Exam?
        A: Tournament Directors of PDGA Sanctioned events are required to be a Certified Official. Starting in 2011 passing the Official's Exam is now required for all amateurs and professional competitors playing in a National Tour Elite Series or PDGA Major event.

        The rules proficiency test no longer exists. Instead, anyone who plays in a NT or PDGA Major has to pass the PDGA Certified Officials Exam.
        Hmm.. that unfortunately makes it still a little unclear.. as I mentioned above, my understanding was that on the Amateur side National Tour events are just A-tier, in short not actually 'National Tour series' or PDGA 'major events'.. only events like the Amateur Nationals would have that classification. So I still wouldn't necessarily need to pass the certified official exam for eligibility in MA1 for the BSF.. can anyone verify this for me? I may end up needing to write the PDGA to be sure. :P

        Comment


        • #64
          You need to take the test to play in the BSF as far as I can tell. If you win the lotto... LOL But if you get in they will tell you that you have to take it...
          www.rewindb.com

          Comment


          • #65
            The BSF will be two events in the eyes of the PDGA. If you are playing any Pro division, you are playing in the NT event and would need to take the exam. If you are playing in any AM division, you are playing in an A-Tier event and are not required to take the exam.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
              You'll LOVE playin' with those girls........they are down right fine people, like yourself.

              Bob
              hey, thanks, bob. what a nice thing for you to say. made my day.
              "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
              Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

              Comment


              • #67
                Sounds like an awesome event. I'll see if I win the lottery.
                FORE! Youth 2011 http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournam...RE_Youth_2011/

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by Rakoz View Post
                  Sounds like an awesome event. I'll see if I win the lottery.
                  Don't forget - even if you don't get in you can still participate in this great event. The BSF is very spectator friendly, lots of fun side events (mini golf, putting contests, clinics, etc), and there are always volunteer oportunities.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by jeverett View Post
                    Hmm.. that unfortunately makes it still a little unclear.. as I mentioned above, my understanding was that on the Amateur side National Tour events are just A-tier, in short not actually 'National Tour series' or PDGA 'major events'.. only events like the Amateur Nationals would have that classification. So I still wouldn't necessarily need to pass the certified official exam for eligibility in MA1 for the BSF.. can anyone verify this for me? I may end up needing to write the PDGA to be sure. :P
                    Maybe you should just take the test. Then you won't have to worry about it.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by Scott View Post
                      Don't forget - even if you don't get in you can still participate in this great event. The BSF is very spectator friendly, lots of fun side events (mini golf, putting contests, clinics, etc), and there are always volunteer oportunities.
                      volunteering at the BSF for the pros last year was absolutely one of the best disc golf experiences of my life. i highly recommend it.
                      "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                      Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        When I look at the registration list on PDGA I am thinking man that is a good field, then I was thinking there is still some top people who are missing or have not signed up yet. Given that there is one week left in priority for 1000+ rated competitors I don't think I would want to miss out on this field if I was 1000+ rated.

                        Some local talent missing:
                        Nate Sexton
                        Kyle Crabtree

                        National talent past competitors:
                        Matt Orum
                        Steve Brinster
                        Steve Rico
                        Barry Schultz
                        Cale Leiviska
                        Bradley Williams
                        Greg Barsby
                        Philo Braithwaite
                        Ray Johnson
                        Shasta Criss

                        Rest assured that when the registration door opens a little farther there will be an inrush of registrations for people who have been chomping at the bit to sign up. No extensions this year and no splitting weekends the count for the Pro's is 160! How many of the 80 spots for MPO are going to be 1000+?

                        With the field size smaller this year, significant fund raising already in place and the tiered registration there could be a big battle for some BSF record setting payouts.

                        On a brighter note, Go ladies, all ready at 12 and counting. I hope the women take full advantage of the 20 held spots for them. Five cards of ladies playing the BSF would be amazing!!! Come on ladies put the Woman's PDGA Network in action and fill those spots.
                        PDGA #25296
                        Stumptown #34

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by Flash View Post
                          When I look at the registration list on PDGA I am thinking man that is a good field, then I was thinking there is still some top people who are missing or have not signed up yet. Given that there is one week left in priority for 1000+ rated competitors I don't think I would want to miss out on this field if I was 1000+ rated.

                          Some local talent missing:
                          Nate Sexton
                          Kyle Crabtree

                          National talent past competitors:
                          Matt Orum
                          Steve Brinster
                          Steve Rico
                          Barry Schultz
                          Cale Leiviska
                          Bradley Williams
                          Greg Barsby
                          Philo Braithwaite
                          Ray Johnson
                          Shasta Criss

                          Rest assured that when the registration door opens a little farther there will be an inrush of registrations for people who have been chomping at the bit to sign up. No extensions this year and no splitting weekends the count for the Pro's is 160! How many of the 80 spots for MPO are going to be 1000+?

                          With the field size smaller this year, significant fund raising already in place and the tiered registration there could be a big battle for some BSF record setting payouts.

                          On a brighter note, Go ladies, all ready at 12 and counting. I hope the women take full advantage of the 20 held spots for them. Five cards of ladies playing the BSF would be amazing!!! Come on ladies put the Woman's PDGA Network in action and fill those spots.
                          You missed one............Ken Climo!!!!!!!!

                          Flash is soooooooo right, this is going to be an amazing field and YES anticipate great payouts. This years BSF is/will be bigger and better than ever.

                          Just a nudge for anyone not planning to play or who might not make the cut.............Volunteer!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You won't regret it, it's a memorable experience and helps to keep this kind of event coming back to Oregon.

                          Bob

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Ok, just got the word from Shasta and he should be signed up within the week. Kristine King very well may be joining the ladies. Gawd, I'm excited for this years Fling.

                            Bob

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                              You missed one............Ken Climo!!!!!!!!

                              Flash is soooooooo right, this is going to be an amazing field and YES anticipate great payouts. This years BSF is/will be bigger and better than ever.

                              Just a nudge for anyone not planning to play or who might not make the cut.............Volunteer!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You won't regret it, it's a memorable experience and helps to keep this kind of event coming back to Oregon.

                              Bob
                              I did not forget about Climo, his name is not on the registration list yet but the champ will be signing up! I can't imagine him not wanting to win this one again.....
                              PDGA #25296
                              Stumptown #34

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by Flash View Post
                                I did not forget about Climo, his name is not on the registration list yet but the champ will be signing up! I can't imagine him not wanting to win this one again.....
                                Yeah... I asked Climo at The Memorial if he was coming, he said he wouldn't miss it.
                                Props to those that run the BSF, there was lots of good talk at The Memorial about the BSF!
                                Breeze Huckin Master

                                Comment

                                Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X