2011 Beaver State Fling presented by Keen Footwear - June 24-26 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just posted a lengthy post on pdga... hope it helps them Texans holster their 6 shooters..

Comment

Originally posted by Over the Hill" Bob;90525][SIZE=" View Post
      You should be reading the PDGA Forum. Dang Haggerty's gonna get us all shot up the way things are going. Them Texans is mad as heck! [/SIZE]

Bob
      I couldn't help but add some fuel to the fire...just couldn't help it after reading their posts....
      Victorious warriors win first then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win

Comment

too important to overlook.... THIS YEAR!

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
        But all that does is fill the division with players who have no chance of winning...making the entry of the lucky few players who's rating actually qualifies them to play in that division, a much easier field to win...

If you are going to drop the MA2 division entirely then if you don't have a PDGA rating of 935 you shouldn't be able to take a spot from a player who does qualify for the division. And while this may not be exactly the same as a tiered entry like the Pro side it will be a better field of players on the AM side.

This is a SuperTour for the AMs, it should reflect that fact. With only MA1 being offered you should at least qualify for the division before you can knock out someone else who does by random draw. I'm throwing my 8-year old's name into the hat for MA1 entry...let's see how well that goes over...

*As always - we are talking about next year's entries and different ways of filling a tourney with way more demand than space.
        I think that Jordo' has an excellent point here.
        I see a possible cluster.
        Use those almighty ratings for what they were intended for.
        ESPECIALLY a gig this big!
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
          I think that Jordo' has an excellent point here.
          I see a possible cluster.
          Use those almighty ratings for what they were intended for.
          ESPECIALLY a gig this big!
          I agree, however, the PDGA has always allowed amateurs to "play up" divisions. I guess we could request a waiver allowing us to do that. If they approved it I'd be more than happy to institute it... next time

I truly wish we had room for everyone.
          "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Recieved the following message on Facebook, now that's the spirit:

Much as I really enjoyed playing in BSF for last two years, I am not going to play this year so I am letting others to get their chances to get into BSF. I would love to help to volunteer for BSF this year.
            Bob

Comment

We're on the same page...

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
              next time
              Yep, that's what I was talking about as well...

If they gave you the waiver for the Pros, I don't see why that format won't work for the MA1 players as well.

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
              Remain ye men of faculty complete,
              Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
              Attending to our noble bond and contract?
              Or does here stand the last remaining man
              To give a fig for rules and order yet,
              No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
              Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
              Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post

My feelings exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by OneDarkRebel View Post
                  I couldn't help but add some fuel to the fire...just couldn't help it after reading their posts....
                  I like how the texans think if it were first come first served they would all get in.

Comment

50th in the nation when it comes to education...

47th in a recent study on SAT/ACT scores...
                    http://blogs.ajc.com/get-schooled-bl...y-correlation/
                    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by OneDarkRebel View Post
                      Great contribution, Marcus.
                      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post

Bob
                        Sadly the date move puts the tournament on the exact same weekend I go play with fire and art. No fun for me even as a volunteer.

I love volunteering for this event and encourage anyone who has the time and ability to step up and help.
                        "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.Ē

Comment

Beaver State Fling registration for MPO players rated 1000+ and all FPO players opens tonight at 6:00pm PST.

Awww yeah!
                          "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

woohoo! woohoo! woohoo!
                            "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                            Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Awesome. Let me check my rating real quick....

Hmmmm..... I wonder what's on TV tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                                Beaver State Fling registration for MPO players rated 1000+ and all FPO players opens tonight at 6:00pm PST.

Awww yeah!
                                So far 5 Men, 5 women!

Bob

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X