Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks guys, that was a super fun event and my first sanctioned tournament at Pier.

Good job.
    Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

• Here's a playlist of some video I took of the 1st and 2nd card from the final round.
      Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

• Awesome event guys, had a great time. Thanks for everything!

Comment

• Thanks to Eric & Justin, and all the other volunteers for putting on such an awesome event. Everything ran super smooth. It is amazing that such a big tournament can be held at such a busy park, but it all worked out great. Only a few little skirmishes with the ball players on the fields by tee pads one & two. Great job in handling those little conflicts. It was awesome having so many ladies playing. I had a great time playing with all you ladies you all are awesome.

Cindy
          Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
          2013 Chick Flick co-TD
          Stumptown #176
          PDGA #37716

Comment

• 100 for Justin & Eric. Great event. Thank you for all your hard work.

Runnaman, nice video clips. Thanks for posting.

Comment

• So very cool to see the torch handed off to a couple of guys who took it and sprinted. You guys might have felt "green" but it didn't show at any time during the event. Phenomenal weekend, guys. Pat yourselves on the back for a job very well done.

ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

• Rookie TD's batting .1000

These two rookie tournament directors knocked one out of the park this weekend! Excellent pre-event information and communication. Cool, informative website and e-mails to registered players. Innovative text check-in - how cool was that! Fast, efficient players meetings. Quick turnaround between flights. Everything ran on or ahead of schedule.

Next year I'd appreciate it if you could work on my personal tournament performance, but other than that I was very impressed with the job Eric and Justin did running their first tournament. Thank you for all your hard work guys. And thanks to Stumptown, the volunteers, the sponsors, Pier Park, and the RCO players.

Can't wait for next year!

Move up Reichard! You don't like cash?

Comment

• Eric and Justin: Great work this weekend! Thank you for all the time and effort you put into the RCO.

Comment

• Thanks everyone. Justin and I feel pretty good about how things flowed during the whole weekend.

There were many highlights for us but I would like first to thank everyone for responding maturely to the initial and unanticipated overlap on the baseball fields Saturday morning. You all handled that very well considering the rather, um, unimpressive behavior of the people involved with their games. Neither they nor us had been made aware of each others events in advance by the Parks which was disappointing. The OB line seemed to take care of that situation pretty well, and didnt take away from hole 1 too dramatically.

The play on the course was impressive. We would like to congratulate all of our division winners with an extra shout out to first time PDGA winner, Mike Best (Pro Masters).

There were 2 aces and both were hit on hole #3 on Sunday: Eddie Florence in the morning during his second round and Todd Jordan in the afternoon during the final round. Unfortunately for them neither bought into the $210 ace pot this despite Justin's best efforts prior to the event to talk them and everyone into buying in.....Justin and I have decided to keep that money in the Stumptown Pier Park fund. We look forward to using that money to help continue the course improvements as we work with Portland Parks and Rec to help make sure it remains the awesome course that it is, and we hope you all feel good about the opportunity to leave something positive behind from all of the 2011 RCO players.

We will provide some more event info and summaries here once the dust settles. All of the players of the event can expect an email soon with a summary of the important stuff, our thank you's, and perhaps some of our ideas for future events.

Thanks again everyone and we look forward to hearing your stories and feedback and seeing the images and videos from the event. There were multiple cameras rolling at times it seemed, hopefully capturing the stuff that we didnt get to watch ourselves!

Eric & Justin
                    Last edited by Lund; May 24th, 2011, 07:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lund View Post
                      Thanks everyone. Justin and I feel pretty good about how things flowed during the whole weekend.

There were many highlights for us but I would like first to thank everyone for responding maturely to the initial and unanticipated overlap on the baseball fields Saturday morning. You all handled that very well considering the rather, um, unimpressive behavior of the people involved with their games. Neither they nor us had been made aware of each others events in advance by the Parks which was disappointing. The OB line seemed to take care of that situation pretty well, and didnt take away from hole 1 too dramatically.

The play on the course was impressive. We would like to congratulate all of our division winners with an extra shout out to our 2 first time PDGA winners: Mike Best (Pro Masters) and Craig Nielsen (Advanced Masters).

There were 2 aces and both were hit on hole #3: Eddie Florence on Saturday and Todd Jordan on Sunday. Unfortunately for them neither bought into the $210 ace pot this despite Justin's best efforts prior to the event to talk them and everyone into buying in.....Justin and I have decided to keep that money in the Stumptown Pier Park fund. We look forward to using that money to help continue the course improvements as we work with Portland Parks and Rec to help make sure it remains the awesome course that it is, and we hope you all feel good about the opportunity to leave something positive behind from all of the 2011 RCO players.

We will provide some more event info and summaries here once the dust settles. All of the players of the event can expect an email soon with a summary of the important stuff, our thank you's, and perhaps some of our ideas for future events.

Thanks again everyone and we look forward to hearing your stories and feedback and seeing the images and videos from the event. There were multiple cameras rolling at times it seemed, hopefully capturing the stuff that we didnt get to watch ourselves!

Eric & Justin

Thank You TD's for a great event and all the hard work! Great payout for pro and very well run, the little things such as posting payout, board with players meeting times, rounds starting on time and everything else made this a great B tier

Comment

• i heard there were videos of the final round? anybody know if those will make it online?

Comment

• Read the thread... or just this page, even.
                          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
                            Read the thread... or just this page, even.
                            Talk about an advanced boarding technique.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hippy007 View Post
                              Here are the rest of the good ones.

Hippy007
                              I just got up the rest of the pics from day 2. Man going through over 1000 pics looking for the best takes a long time.

Hippy007

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
                                Read the thread... or just this page, even.
                                ha, whoops! guess im pretty bad at skimming, read it as 1st and 2nd round, not card...dur.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X