Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emigrant Lake Flip-Out. Saturday. March 5th.

2 round flip-out doubles on March 5th at Emigrant Lake.

Single round attendance is encouraged for either round as there will be small prizes for the winning team for both rounds. (Thanx Nick!)

To keep things fun for all we will flip out for BOTH rounds.

We will have small prizes for the winning team for each round.

Also 20$ added cash total for the best 1 or 2 scores for both rounds COMBINED. Hopefully I can conn a friend or two to put a couple more bucks in. It's worth it for bringin us Rouge Valley golfers together!

Signup. 9:00

Round One. 9:30

Signup. 12:30

Round Two. 1:00

Show up. Play Golf. Have Fun!

ask tony for cash, i heard he comes from a well to do family

Comment

Create an account just to talk smack and that's what your bringing?

Comment

Originally posted by Bryon_Harris View Post
        2 round flip-out doubles on March 5th at Emigrant Lake.

Single round attendance is encouraged for either round as there will be small prizes for the winning team for both rounds. (Thanx Nick!)

To keep things fun for all we will flip out for BOTH rounds.

We will have small prizes for the winning team for each round.

Also 20$ added cash total for the best 1 or 2 scores for both rounds COMBINED. Hopefully I can conn a friend or two to put a couple more bucks in. It's worth it for bringin us Rouge Valley golfers together!

Signup. 9:00

Round One. 9:30

Signup. 12:30

Round Two. 1:00

Show up. Play Golf. Have Fun!

Weather Permitting!

Comment

lo and i will throw down 20 to go towards the winners pot

Comment

Is this free? Also, where is Emigrant and do you have any maps or info?

Comment

Each round is free individually to encourage people on the fence to come out for a round.

If you are competing for the best combined score for two rounds, as well as the few bucks I'm throwing in to kickstart that pot, it is encouraged that you throw in a couple of bucks also (think 2 - 10 with 5 being a nice middle)

On about the 2nd or 3rd of March when the forecast is pretty set I'll post on here to let people know if we have to call a rainout.

Directions. Take I5 to exit 14. Go left (east) on Hwy 66. Go past the "resort" and just after mile marker 6 turn left at a number of mailboxes and a "closed at dusk sign".

Course plays almost 7000 feet and is par 59

Comment

Got some Rocs from SOWS so that the two winning players from both the morning and the afternoon will have at least a new disc to walk away with. Hope to get some other stuff to give away too!

Comment

ashland is where i got my start taking golf seriously, but at the time there was no course at emigrant lake... we just had an object course at lithia park and at the time were mostly just goofing around...

good job y'all on making a real course... i did spend plenty of time out at emigrant, tho... just you know... not golfing...

wish ashland weren't too far away for a day trip... just wanted to give a pat on the back, tho, for making it happen down south...
                  "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                  Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

frisbee golf daze

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                    ashland is where i got my start taking golf seriously, but at the time there was no course at emigrant lake... we just had an object course at lithia park and at the time were mostly just goofing around...

This is interesting to me, as an old friend and I recently talked about a gig we went to in Takilma, near Cave Junction in which most of the players were from Ashland. They showed up like we did with, 133 Super Pro's, 110 Malibu's and Moonlighter's, 119's and such. I remember them talking about their course at Lithia and another on campus. BTW, did you know the same person who designed Lithia Park designed the gorgeous Golden Gate Park in "The City".
                    In the end our frisbees were no match for the fella from Austin and his P-38. We got him on some accuracy shots, but he killed us on distance.

good job y'all on making a real course... i did spend plenty of time out at emigrant, tho... just you know... not golfing...

wish ashland weren't too far away for a day trip... just wanted to give a pat on the back, tho, for making it happen down south...
                    Thanks for re-sparking the thought!
                    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                    - Anonymous

Comment

its a sick course, everyone has put in alot of time in, a wide range of different shots, couple par 5's. i hope we get some people to show up, the views alone are worth showing up for
                      Last edited by lohan420; February 16th, 2011, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lohan420 View Post
                        its a sick course, everyone has put in alot of time, a wide range of different shots, couple par 5's. i hope we get some people to show up, the views alone are worth showing up for
                        this is a course i would totally love to play... spent four years down there in ashland, would be cool to revisit some of my old haunts with my new game...

maybe i'll be in touch with y'all if it actually ever happens...
                        Last edited by emmarose; February 17th, 2011, 08:58 AM.
                        "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                        Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Picked up some "vintage" discs from the local used sporting good store today. Not fit for bags but these could make some nice wall trophies and will be given out at the event!

Comment

Hey I found a phone on the back nine yesterday.

Got 36 in too
                            Last edited by oneshotleft; February 22nd, 2011, 07:25 AM.
                            Please don't confuse my Disc Golf passion with actual Disc Golf ability.

Comment

Update.

Here is the current run down of what we've collected...

Playing either round is free and offers-->

- Free raffle: 1 Disc
                              (show up and get a number)
                              - Hole 1 CTP: 1 Used disc and misc. sticker
                              - Hole 2 CTP: 1 New disc and disc golf sticker
                              - Winning team: 1 Roc per team member (3 KC, 1 DX)

If you want to compete for the best score in both rounds combined-->

-Optional 5$ buy in. (if yur way broke 2. to support the event 10)
                              Payout will be between three and six people depending on the pool.

-Top 2 combined scores get trophies ( I'll see what I can hack together with these old discs =)

The purpose of the event is to foster a disc golf community which believes in behavior which we are all proud of...

-Leave no trace
                              -Return lost discs
                              -Respectful to all others on the land
                              -Respect the land

Hope to see everyone there. Let me know if anyone happens on anymore odd discs...
                              Last edited by Bryon_Harris; February 22nd, 2011, 08:42 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X