Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 5th April Fools Doubles!! Ams March 26th, Pros March 27th

Hey Everyone,
    It's that time of year again where I start getting geared up to run AFD, hard to believe it has already been 5 years. New this year is the split weekend, every year I have had to turn teams away because the event has filled. I am not good at it, and I hate doing it. I've added ghost groups, extra holes, all to avoid telling excited golfers no. This year running the Am event Saturday and the Pros Sunday I hope we will have enough room for everybody.

Ams Saturday: Adv., Adv. Masters, Mixed, Int., Rec.

Pros Sunday: Open, Masters

44 team (88 player) capacity per day.

22 holes (11 tough shot, 11 alternate shot, 22 best shot)

Lunch Provided

All the quirky rules you know and love, plus some secret new additions!

$2 Ace pot per team, aces paid out to teams not individuals.

Players Packs for Am teams, 1 Disc per player.

As always, pre-registration only. In person, by mail, or online at www.northwestsignup.com

If you've never played AFD ask some of the more seasoned players in your area about it and I am sure they will tell you what a good time they have had. Start thinking up your team names and get your partners out to practice!!

Flyer will be sent to TreeLove for posting to nwdiscgolfnews calendar.

Post any questions here!
    Innova Champion Discs
    Discmania
    huk lab
    Keen Footwear
    Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags
    Stimpi Ridge Disc Golf in Spokane, WA
    Play it Again Sports Corvallis and Eugene

Adair?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
      Adair?
      I would assume as it always has been. You and Mathew gonna team up?

Bob

Comment

hmmmm I'm down for that... now an adv player to team with... hmm...

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
          I would assume as it always has been. You and Mathew gonna team up?

Bob
          I would assume the same, but wanted to hear it straight from the source instead of assuming.

Alas, we can' make it. We have plans on that Sunday. We're free on Saturday, but Matthew only plays Pro now.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate Sexton View Post
            Hey Everyone,
            It's that time of year again where I start getting geared up to run AFD, hard to believe it has already been 5 years. New this year is the split weekend, every year I have had to turn teams away because the event has filled. I am not good at it, and I hate doing it. I've added ghost groups, extra holes, all to avoid telling excited golfers no. This year running the Am event Saturday and the Pros Sunday I hope we will have enough room for everybody.

Ams Saturday: Adv., Adv. Masters, Mixed, Int., Rec.

Pros Sunday: Open, Masters
            Excellent, AFD is a blast. The mixed division has been pretty popular the last few years, and I bet this event will even draw Ashley out of hibernation.

Comment

Cost???????

Bob

Comment

It was a sweet set up last year, wish I could come this year. Same date as Whistler's SOWS.

Comment

Adair is the venue, cost is between $40 and $80 per team depending on your division, the flyer has all the specifics. I don't like the idea of competing against Whistlers SOWS, might need to shift the weekend. I'll keep everybody posted!
                  Innova Champion Discs
                  Discmania
                  huk lab
                  Keen Footwear
                  Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags

Comment

just might work

Adair is the venue, cost is between $40 and $80 per team depending on your division, the flyer has all the specifics. I don't like the idea of competing against Whistlers SOWS, might need to shift the weekend. I'll keep everybody posted!
                    Nate,
                    I appreciate your concern, thanks.
                    FWIW, I did anticipate your event while conjuring up the SOWS schedule.
                    I guess I thought that it would be closer to April 1st.
                    You're probably aware that our pro and am days are the opposite of yours.
                    I'm thinking we can make it work if need be, but I think they will pull from each other and some folks will be torn.
                    The price we pay for this great sport getting so darn big eh?
                    Honestly I'm hoping to see you and a bunch more pros at the SOWS WB gig.
                    Thanks again man.
                    Yose
                    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                    - Anonymous

Comment

Thanks Yose!

I spoke with Dion earlier and he informed me that the SOWS pro and am days are opposite ours as you said Yose. Knowing that I think everything will be fine. Maybe we can work together to come up with a little something extra for any brave soul who plays both events. We would do April 2-3 but Dion is going on tour full time this season and I think he needs to be in Texas that weekend. It isnt too far from Roseburg to Corvallis, looks like it will be a great weekend of golf with two of Oregon's better courses on display!

Anyone know the appropriate email to get the Flyer to Mr. TreeLove Stern?

Thanks!
                      Innova Champion Discs
                      Discmania
                      huk lab
                      Keen Footwear
                      Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags

Comment

Look at the Calendar. Near the bottom there is a link titled "Submit Event: Contact Webmaster".

Comment

I spoke with Dion earlier and he informed me that the SOWS pro and am days are opposite ours as you said Yose. Knowing that I think everything will be fine. Maybe we can work together to come up with a little something extra for any brave soul who plays both events. We would do April 2-3 but Dion is going on tour full time this season and I think he needs to be in Texas that weekend. It isnt too far from Roseburg to Corvallis, looks like it will be a great weekend of golf with two of Oregon's better courses on display!

Thanks!
                          When you send out an E-mail to the WDGC he will get it. He and ALL of us local golfers are on that list.

E

Comment

Registration is Live

Hey Everybody,
                            April Fools Doubles registration is now live at www.northwestsignup.com

Our flyer has been uploaded to TreeLove's calendar for those who would prefer to register in person or by mail. We are offering half price entry to any Am team that decides to play the pro event the following day, a great chance to test the waters and perhaps play some tougher course layouts.

Anyone have teams or team names figured out yet? Post teams, questions, and trash talk here if you'd like!

Nate
                            Innova Champion Discs
                            Discmania
                            huk lab
                            Keen Footwear
                            Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags

Comment

Ooh bagy an how!

Hey Everybody,
                              April Fools Doubles registration is now live at www.northwestsignup.com

Our flyer has been uploaded to TreeLove's calendar for those who would prefer to register in person or by mail. We are offering half price entry to any Am team that decides to play the pro event the following day, a great chance to test the waters and perhaps play some tougher course layouts.

Anyone have teams or team names figured out yet? Post teams, questions, and trash talk here if you'd like!

Nate
                              Annual mainstay Long & Wrong is working on kitchen passes for this weekend, so be afraid, be very afraid!

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                              Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                              Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                              Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                              Or does here stand the last remaining man
                              To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                              No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                              Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                              Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X