Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sean Phillips isn't going to make it. One more spot open.

Comment

• Is there still room for Bryan Luoma (#14025) in Advanced (MA1)?

Comment

• Unexpected change of plans for Eric Langsam

Originally posted by E-ROC View Post
        I will have Stumptown memberships and tags available for purchase for this event. The cost is $10 for the membership and $10 for the bag tags.

Please remember you need to be a member in order to be eligable for a tag. We have the 2011 Stumptown bag tag league on the Disc Golf Scene and I will be taking tags before the event for a little added competition and bragging rights.

I look forward to seeing you all there!!

Eric Langsam
        I am sorry and happy at the same time to say that I will not be able to make this event. I am sorry because I heard a lot of good things about this event and know there is going to be good competition as well. I am also sorry because I knew there were some people who wanted to renew Stumptown memberships and pick up bag tags.

I am happy because it was my 35th this week and my sister surprised me by flying up from California to party for my birthday. It was a cool surprise to say the least.

Have fun and please let someone else have my spot.

Comment

• Updated list

Originally posted by bryan_luoma View Post
          Is there still room for Bryan Luoma (#14025) in Advanced (MA1)?
          You are in.

Thank you Sean and Eric for posting.
          Have been out there working all day.
          Soggy and muddy in spots. Not too bad for slosh weather.
          The name of the tournament should be enough but here's a reminder anyway.
          Turn clocks forward.
          Did not recieve the blank trophies in time.
          Barlows printing made some real quick today for us.
          Pro trophy looks real good.
          Still a couple spots left.

Comment

• Hey Terry can you make sure I get marked down for taking script and not cash in MPO division... Thanks, Jeremy Fancher

Comment

• Miles with his first ever Pro Tournament domination. Okay I understand it was by one stroke over Neon Dion... but all the same congrats brotha!
              Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Comment

• Total Fail of a tourney if I might say. I mean a basket bunjie corded to a tree?? is this even PDGA legal. I know you tried very hard Smoking Joe to host a good event, however when the conditions get so bad that there is a risk of a golfer getting injured thats not good. There was several t-pads too close to other baskest and thats dangerous. # people on 2 different cards I was on were almost hit with discs, myself included right as I was t-ing off. I almost had to get some dental work.
                On the plus side I got to meet some realy cool, laid back disc golfers. Got some chilli for lunch, almost had an ace on hole 5 with a disc I have never thrown before, Got to chit-chat with the DGOD people, had a chance to talk with Dion(never met him before) cool guy. I wont be playing anymore Oregon disc events unless there held at well established disc courses. Wortman is too small for this type of event.
                Hukin since 1992
                DGOD #115

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikk View Post
                  Total Fail of a tourney if I might say. I mean a basket bunjie corded to a tree?? is this even PDGA legal. I know you tried very hard Smoking Joe to host a good event, however when the conditions get so bad that there is a risk of a golfer getting injured thats not good. There was several t-pads too close to other baskest and thats dangerous. # people on 2 different cards I was on were almost hit with discs, myself included right as I was t-ing off. I almost had to get some dental work.
                  I'll have to visit the chiropractor to get my back put back into place after playing on those mud soup pads!!!
                  Last edited by Scott; March 14th, 2011, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mindsmaid View Post
                    I'll have to visit the chiropractor to get my back put back into place after playing on those mud soup pads!!!
                    And you had two days of it this weekend!
                    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

• Lost buzz

Lost my full color buzz ace disc with a skyline disc golf stamp on it. Lost it in the creek by the drainage pipe on hole 18. I think it may have gone in or through the pipe. Has my name and # on it and would love to have it back.
                      My wife and I had a great time minus the weather but we were expecting that. Thanks for throwing a winter tourny to get us ready for a big tourny season.
                      Thanks
                      Josh pierce
                      360-910-5263

Comment

• dst2

had a blast, thanks for running it. really can expect much from a $27 tourney in that weather, but terry made it fun regardless... thanks!

Comment

Total Fail of a tourney if I might say. I mean a basket bunjie corded to a tree?? is this even PDGA legal. I know you tried very hard Smoking Joe to host a good event, however when the conditions get so bad that there is a risk of a golfer getting injured thats not good. There was several t-pads too close to other baskest and thats dangerous. # people on 2 different cards I was on were almost hit with discs, myself included right as I was t-ing off. I almost had to get some dental work.
                          On the plus side I got to meet some realy cool, laid back disc golfers. Got some chilli for lunch, almost had an ace on hole 5 with a disc I have never thrown before, Got to chit-chat with the DGOD people, had a chance to talk with Dion(never met him before) cool guy. I wont be playing anymore Oregon disc events unless there held at well established disc courses. Wortman is too small for this type of event.
                          I couldn't agree more. thank you for hosting this event regardless; however, this was my first pdga tournament and i was disappointed to say the least. Tee pads and the scheduling and over all disorganization and lack of information made it a frustrating day. i think i got 4th in advanced but i dont know because at the end when the TD was calling out names and skript he just didnt see my score or give me a place and just said "oh... give him mmm $28" so i dont know really know what place i got. i left upset. I know this is a very negative post and i try to not do this often this tournament in brought my image of the PDGA down a couple notches. Like i said, this is my first PDGA tournament, maybe i just got off to a wrong start but i hope the other PDGA tournaments are much more Professional.

xander waibel

Comment

this was only the 2nd time Terry held this event and while the course condition and layout had problems this was a charity fundraiser.A golfer risks injury anytime they go and while this was compounded by weather and lack of space ,due to the powers to be not giving Terry access to as much room as last time, to call it a "Total Fail" I feel is a little harsh.As far as Oregon disc events, basing your opinion on this event is like someone from Oregon judging your States events on a bad day at Leverich.Play some tourneys at Milo,Pier,Timber,Dabney,Trojan,Hornings,Stub Stewart all in the Portland area or roll down I-5 thru Corvallis,Eugene, Cottage Grove,down to Whistlers playin those courses will give a much better taste of Oregon Disc Golf.

Comment

As I was not at this event, I cannot take sides. I will state, however, that it is your responsibility to stop playing if you feel that the layout or conditions are too unsafe to continue.

-Rick

Comment

• Originally posted by XandorF View Post
                                I couldn't agree more. thank you for hosting this event regardless; however, this was my first pdga tournament and i was disappointed to say the least. Tee pads and the scheduling and over all disorganization and lack of information made it a frustrating day. i think i got 4th in advanced but i dont know because at the end when the TD was calling out names and skript he just didnt see my score or give me a place and just said "oh... give him mmm $28" so i dont know really know what place i got. i left upset. I know this is a very negative post and i try to not do this often this tournament in brought my image of the PDGA down a couple notches. Like i said, this is my first PDGA tournament, maybe i just got off to a wrong start but i hope the other PDGA tournaments are much more Professional.

xander waibel
                                This was a "C" tier event that was a fundraiser for a worthy cause and was NOT typical of PDGA events.Play some other well established events in better conditions on better courses and you will feel differently.When you do, look and see how many people it takes just to run the tourney let alone the work to get a course ready.I understand your frustration and your post was honest, not that negative compared to some on here.That was just a rough start to your PDGA experience.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X