• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daylight Savings 2 C-Tier 3-13-11

Event : P.D.G.A. C-Tier Singles

When : Sunday March 13th 2011

Cost : Open $40.00 Adv. S35.00 Int. $30.00 Rec. $25.00 Jr. $20.00
    $10.00 discount for Current P.D.G.A. members

Registration : 1. Post on this thread. 2. Call 503-883-9340 leave info. 3. Pay online if I get it set up. 3. Most people just let me know some how and pay day of.
    Being on the list gets you out of a late fee.
    2 rounds of 18 holes.
    Day of registration will open at 8:00 a.m. and close at 9:30 a.m.
    Players Meeting at 9:45 a.m.
    Golf at 10:00 a.m.
    Lunch 1:00 p.m. to 1:50 p.m.
    Players Meeting 1:50 p.m.
    Golf at 2:00 p.m.
    Awards 5:00 p.m.
    More to come. Must get beer.

What holes will be used?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
      What holes will be used?
      1 through 18!

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
        1 through 18!

Bob
        Nice Bob.

It hasn't been fully decided yet Scott.
        (Oh by the way have you used the script from last event yet.)
        It will not be as rough as last time.
        I'm sure it will still have some mando's.
        Won't be as long as last time either.
        As of now 16 holes in the park and two holes in the field.
        The two field holes are a 400 foot tough par 4. The other field hole is a bomb hole around 1000 feet. As of now they don't have a problem with a couple of holes and sharing the field. So far nothing is planned for the field.
        Will post course later.

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKIN JOE View Post
          Nice Bob.
          (Oh by the way have you used the script from last event yet.)
          Yep. Made it over there a couple of weeks ago and picked up a nice stack of plastic.

Comment

Update

Would like to thank Shawn Barnett #18651 for being added to the list of usual locals who plan on attending.
            Would like to thank team Maffin for sporting the course for a couple of rounds.
            They beat me 59-62 each round. Also played another round and got it again by team frank n boys 61-62. Par is 58.
            The gods of the field have not yet replied in ink. Hopefully no problems.

HOLE 1: Regular hole 1 with MANDO right of first tree. 286 feet.
            HOLE 2: Tee off pad/dirt by storage units behind rest rooms to portable basket by big tree and end of fairway by table next to hedge. MANDO left of marked tree halfway down fairway. 249 feet.
            HOLE 3: Teeboard 24 to portable basket at end of outfield fence and big tree. On or over all paths O.B.. 330 feet.
            HOLE 4: Regular hole 2. In or over creek O.B. On or over road O.B..282 feet.
            HOLE 5: Regular hole 3. In or over creek O.B. On or over path left O.B. 224 feet.
            HOLE 6: Teepad 4 to basket 8. In or over creek O.B. 456 feet.
            HOLE 7: Tee off dirt/grass behind teeboard 20 to basket 4. In or over creek left O.B. On or over path/road right O.B. 264 feet.
            Hole 8: Regular hole 5. MANDO left of marked tree down by basket. 354 feet.
            HOLE 9: Regular hole 6. 342 feet.
            HOLE 10: Cross road to ballfield. Go right around bleachers past red building to big concrete pad. Tee off pad to portable basket down by tennis courts next to last tree and fence. On or over track left O.B.. 452 feet par 4.
            HOLE 11: Tee off grass/pad around tennis courts to portable basket at other end of field by last tree by 4-way stop. Track,long jump run and sand,ballfield dirt,over fence O.B. 1085 feet par 5.
            HOLE 12: Regular hole 7. 249 feet.
            HOLE 13: Tee off grass between path and road to basket 9. MANDO right of marked tree 400 feet out towards basket 8. 515 feet par 4.
            HOLE 14: Tee off grass by bench across path to portable basket at end of woods by covered area. MANDO right of marked tree 75 feet off tee. On or over path right off tee O.B.. 369 feet.
            HOLE 15: Tee off dirt by tee in path by restrooms to basket 10. On or over path right O.B. Slightly wooded path right with path 230 feet out. Heavely wooded left. Open super hyzer bomb. Do or die hole. 270 feet.
            HOLE 16: Walk around building to corner of parking lot. Tee off grass over hill by apartments to portable basket by building. MANDO left of marked tree by building. 240 feet.
            HOLE 17: Regular hole 11. 240 feet.
            HOLE 18: Regular hole 12. 296 feet.
            If we don't use the field holes I will make these changes to the course.
            After hole 9. ( regular hole 6 ) you would play regular hole 7 then you would play a hole from off the grass by the street to a portable basket by the restrooms. On or over path O.B. 249 feet. then go back to hole 13. Then after hole 15 you would play a hole from infront of building to portable basket between fireplace and table. On or over all paths O.B. 222 feet.
            Tournament central will be in usual place on west side of park.
            Will have script.
            All vendors are welcome.
            Disc Golf Depot will accept my script as well.
            Will have to see why not up on pdga schedule yet.
            Should be sactioned and ready to go. Come on paypal.
            Terry S. 503-883-9340
            Last edited by SMOKIN JOE; February 6th, 2011, 12:07 AM.

Comment

It must be official. It's on the pdga calander now. Yeah. Did not see an e-mail for on line reg. If this is the only way you can pay I can take your card through Carquest.
              A small donation to Special Olympics will be in order to use the field.
              I will make one and anyone attending can make one as well.

Comment

I thought this one might be fun. Can I find last year's player field on PDGA?

The 1st tourney I traveled to was at Wortman in either 99 or 2000. Crap, I can't remember!
                Last edited by Wes Hansen; February 7th, 2011, 05:54 PM. Reason: wanted to

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post

The 1st tourney I traveled to was at Wortman in either 99 or 2000. Crap, I can't remember!
                  Daylight Savings 1 was actually in 2009 along with Turkey Rama.
                  Last years pdga events were Special Olympics Fundraiser and The Squirrel Open.
                  The Adv. Master trophy is looking good.
                  Just a reminder. If I don't know your coming, I can't have a trophy ready for your division.
                  So far the only divisions are Adv. Master and Int. women. ( paid entries )
                  Day of locals, A couple pros, a couple adv. men, a couple int. men, one super senior, one adv. master. plan on day of as most people do.
                  Thanks for looking into attending.
                  Played 2 more practice rounds. 61 and a 64 not getting any better. The Course is playing tougher than the november course for me so far. So much for making it easier. A par of 58 will be a good ameteur score.
                  Last edited by SMOKIN JOE; February 7th, 2011, 06:33 PM. Reason: don't know how to proof read

Comment

Where do you go to sign up??

Comment

Originally posted by softwinterwhispers View Post
                      Where do you go to sign up??
                      Here ya go:

Originally posted by SMOKIN JOE View Post
                      Registration : 1. Post on this thread. 2. Call 503-883-9340 leave info. 3. Pay online if I get it set up. 3. Most people just let me know some how and pay day of.
                      Being on the list gets you out of a late fee.

Comment

I'll be there! With a fat stack of plastic up for grabs as well. One of the few Oregon events I can attend before hitting the road!

Thanks Terry for running these events, always a good time
                        Team DISCRAFT
                        NW Sign Up
                        Gorilla Boy
                        Paragon Disc Golf
                        Odwalla

Comment

Sign me up! Sounds like a lot of fun
                          PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
                          dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

Registration list

Looks like Dion is added to the pro list. I'll bet a couple more pros will be in the field. Looks like another trophy to make.
                            Joshua Olmsted is on the list. What division do you plan on playing?
                            Softwinterwhispers a division is helpful if you plan on attending.
                            Last edited by SMOKIN JOE; February 8th, 2011, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post

please sign me up....i missed last year....the 1st one was a blast

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X