X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Menacewarf View Post
    I guess I could conceive of an argument that one series of golfers should have preferred access to an "open" tourny over another seriers but I sure couldnt articulate it.
    How about you support a TD's efforts and they will reward you with theirs!

Nothing prevents the Southern Oregon Crews, or Central Oregon Crews or Northern Oregon Crews from running any number of events and any course in Oregon. If you want to see an event structured and run your way then get off the couch and do it. No sense in complaining about what someone else is doing.

Why doesn't the Southern Oregon Crew have a yearly PDGA event at Whistlers? Its obvious it will do well and could be a good revenue stream for the club to invest in their local community.
    PDGA #25296
    Stumptown #34

Comment

Flash is absolutely right. Support the TDs in their efforts and be thankful for all they do. I am.

That being said, I think the issue here, dude, is that the GNO is an event written onto the hearts of so many Oregon disc golfers that the idea of it being proprietary to anybody but the whole does not sit well with many.
      I believe that all disc golfers should have an equal chance of getting into this event which, in the past, has been no easy feat even with all spots up for grabs.

Tom and Teresa are showing preference in this respect to PDX golfers who support their local series. If the series is a fundraiser then yes, fine, but if not I think the idea is unfair to all who love the GNO.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayduke View Post
        Flash is absolutely right. Support the TDs in their efforts and be thankful for all they do. I am.

That being said, I think the issue here, dude, is that the GNO is an event written onto the hearts of so many Oregon disc golfers that the idea of it being proprietary to anybody but the whole does not sit well with many.
        I believe that all disc golfers should have an equal chance of getting into this event which, in the past, has been no easy feat even with all spots up for grabs.

Tom and Teresa are showing preference in this respect to PDX golfers who support their local series. If the series is a fundraiser then yes, fine, but if not I think the idea is unfair to all who love the GNO.
        Bottom line is the TD gets to decide what they want to do with their tournament. It doesn't matter how many years you've played it or how many people love it - it's the TD's tournament, especially if the TD is not running it for a club.

Hasn't there been a few PDGA summer gigs at Whistler's the last few years, put on by the crew down there? Nothing stopping anyone from continuing to do that, make them bigger, better, etc. Personally, I'd rather play a big tournament there during warm weather anyway - the early date this year, combined with the back to back weekends with 3PO are a change from years past.

Things change, TD's can do what they want, and we all love Whistler's!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
          Bottom line is the TD gets to decide what they want to do with their tournament. It doesn't matter how many years you've played it or how many people love it - it's the TD's tournament, especially if the TD is not running it for a club.

Hasn't there been a few PDGA summer gigs at Whistler's the last few years, put on by the crew down there? Nothing stopping anyone from continuing to do that, make them bigger, better, etc. Personally, I'd rather play a big tournament there during warm weather anyway - the early date this year, combined with the back to back weekends with 3PO are a change from years past.

Things change, TD's can do what they want, and we all love Whistler's!

Saving 50 spots for OLE participants, and using the excuse that you reward people that play all winter? Thats a bunch of crap. I know more than a few of us in Southern Oregon that are going to play 15 of more winter tournaments. Between Andrews series and SOWS and shasta, and you reward just portland golfers.. That seems fair.... A little more justification should be in line.

And for anyone up north, the local Roseburg crew does run sanctioned tournaments during the summer as well as the biggest doubles tournament in the state.

Why are we rewarding portland golfers for an event 3 hours south?

Comment

Flash there has been a PDGA event at whistlers ran by southern Oregon golfers the last two years. They were both well ran events that everybody who wanted to get in had the same opportunity. It didn't matter if you spent your time shooting at coffie can tones in a cow pasture or on the beautiful fairways of milo shooting at innova disccatchers.

I'm not attacking anybody or there efforts. ? Is the OLE series and the GNO a part of the same series or just ran by the same people?

Flash to imply that people are sitting on their couches not doing anything and pointing out other disc golf communities in Oregon is a conceited thing to do! could alienate yourself from other golfers at future events.

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
              How about you support a TD's efforts and they will reward you with theirs!

There are going to be ~100 spots for online registration open for anybody in any area.

Comment

Seems like the word professional in pdga. Is a loosely used term in the disc golf world. I thought the tourneys were supposed to be first come first get. Not, I got these people I am going to let sign up early and everyone els gets to try later. Good ol nepotism is still rearing it's head!! Lmao!

Comment

Time for another season of who ever has the faster computer gets to play????

Comment

Originally posted by NoLoPutts View Post
                    Time for another season of who ever has the faster computer gets to play????
                    Ya, that's what it looks like.

The resolution to that problem is to recruit more TD's and support the ones we already have so we have more events.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Phillips View Post
                      Ya, that's what it looks like.

The resolution to that problem is to recruit more TD's and support the ones we already have so we have more events.
                      Or maybe it's time to restructure the way tournaments are run?

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
                        If you want to see an event structured and run your way then get off the couch and do it. No sense in complaining about what someone else is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Phillips View Post
                          Yah more cooks in the kitchen. That has always worked?

Comment

If courses = kitchens and TD = cooks. We have a lot of kitchens without cooks on any given weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by rocer180 View Post
                              Flash there has been a PDGA event at whistlers ran by southern Oregon golfers the last two years. They were both well ran events that everybody who wanted to get in had the same opportunity. It didn't matter if you spent your time shooting at coffie can tones in a cow pasture or on the beautiful fairways of milo shooting at innova disccatchers.

I'm not attacking anybody or there efforts. ? Is the OLE series and the GNO a part of the same series or just ran by the same people?

Flash to imply that people are sitting on their couches not doing anything and pointing out other disc golf communities in Oregon is a conceited thing to do! could alienate yourself from other golfers at future events.

Comment

Originally posted by scottycb1 View Post
                                Saving 50 spots for OLE participants, and using the excuse that you reward people that play all winter? Thats a bunch of crap. I know more than a few of us in Southern Oregon that are going to play 15 of more winter tournaments. Between Andrews series and SOWS and shasta, and you reward just portland golfers.. That seems fair.... A little more justification should be in line.

And for anyone up north, the local Roseburg crew does run sanctioned tournaments during the summer as well as the biggest doubles tournament in the state.

Why are we rewarding portland golfers for an event 3 hours south?
                                GREAT POINT SCOTTY

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X