Clear All

• Originally posted by Bullseye View Post

Comment

Hahaha yep...

Comment

• Originally posted by Huk'nGeiks View Post
        Hahaha yep...
        that is awesome, and some results would be nice, excited to see round ratings

Comment

• Originally posted by scottycb1 View Post
          that is awesome, and some results would be nice, excited to see round ratings

Me too excited to see results, but not so much my ratings.

Cindy
          Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
          2013 Chick Flick co-TD
          Stumptown #176
          PDGA #37716

Comment

• Originally posted by Huk'nGeiks View Post
            Hahaha yep...
            where is the damn like button? ohhh that facebook sorry sam
            ! maybe a good idea.
            My drunken words are my sober thoughts!

Comment

genius.

and i second that emotion.
              "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
              Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

• Given my earlier.. uhh... post.

I wanted to be sure to be the first to say "Thank you Teresa for posting the results!!!!" Woohoo!
                "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

• Sunday morning (pro): 51 = 1019
                  Sunday noontime (am): 51 = 992
                  Sunday afternoon (pro): 51 = 1002

?

Comment

• Bryan, it all has to do with who is on the course at the same time. Higher rated players on the course with you will generally result in your round ratings being higher.
                    “I believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know — Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, that’s in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, I’ll know I’m a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? I’m not sure, but it’s possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.”
                    ~Annika Sörenstam

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
                      Bryan, it all has to do with who is on the course at the same time. Higher rated players on the course with you will generally result in your round ratings being higher.
                      Yeah, thanks Sam!

Here is a snippet from the PDGA FAQ:

"The scores thrown by propagators each round are used to calculate the SSA rating for a specific course layout. A propagator is a current member whose rating is over 799 and is based on at least 8 rounds. As long as there are 5 propagators playing a course layout, ratings can be calculated. The average rating of all propagators will equal the average rating they get for the round – always. If the same course layout is used more than one round, the scores from multiple rounds will be used to determine an overall SSA, as long as the individual round SSAs come out close to each other, so everyone gets the same rating for the same score on the same course. If the SSAs are significantly different, likely due to varying wind conditions, the round ratings will be calculated separately. If a propagator shoots more than 60 points below their rating, their score will not be used in the SSA calculations."

Comment

• Originally posted by bryan_luoma View Post
                        Yeah, thanks Sam!

Here is a snippet from the PDGA FAQ:

"The scores thrown by propagators each round are used to calculate the SSA rating for a specific course layout. A propagator is a current member whose rating is over 799 and is based on at least 8 rounds. As long as there are 5 propagators playing a course layout, ratings can be calculated. The average rating of all propagators will equal the average rating they get for the round – always. If the same course layout is used more than one round, the scores from multiple rounds will be used to determine an overall SSA, as long as the individual round SSAs come out close to each other, so everyone gets the same rating for the same score on the same course. If the SSAs are significantly different, likely due to varying wind conditions, the round ratings will be calculated separately. If a propagator shoots more than 60 points below their rating, their score will not be used in the SSA calculations."
                        How does the TD decide who the propagators will be?

Comment

• TD don't decide. That is automatically calculated when you upload the results.
                          "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

TD don't decide. That is automatically calculated when you upload the results.
                            So they're randomly chosen?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
                              So they're randomly chosen?
                              It is my understanding that all (current) players whose ratings are over 799 and have played at least 8 rounds are propagators. I don't think that quoted text is limiting the number of propagators to five, it simply says at least five.

I'm sure Chuck K. will correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

It is my understanding that all (current) players whose ratings are over 799 and have played at least 8 rounds are propagators. I don't think that quoted text is limiting the number of propagators to five, it simply says at least five.

I'm sure Chuck K. will correct me if I am wrong.
                                Ahhh... I see.

And this all happens automatically through some sort of computer majik?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X