2nd Annual Camp Taloali Deaf Youth Camp Fundraiser @ Jerry Miller DGC; May 14-15 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Annual Camp Taloali Deaf Youth Camp Fundraiser @ Jerry Miller DGC; May 14-15

Make this a sticky please mods...

Ok, here it is! The 2nd Annual Camp Taloali Deaf Youth Camp Fundraiser @ Jerry Miller DGC!
    Last year was a very successful and smooth tournament with 39 players, 25 hearing and 14 Deaf. There will be things similar and different from last year. This year will be 2 courses again, however, it is not 2 separate 18 hole courses. It will be the first and third round will be a semi safari set up with 11-12 holes on the permanent course and 7 awesome temp holes on the main grounds making a par 64-66. The 2nd round will be all on the Jerry Miller DGC in mostly the Long and there will be at least 2-3 new alt pin placements opened up at this tournament. There will be 1-3 place trophies, better than last year. Player pack for Ams. Feel free to ask questions...

FLYER

PDGA Sign UP

Document with no transparent picture in the background has been attached for those who couldn't view the original flyer...
    Last edited by snap7times; January 19th, 2011, 12:14 AM.

Sweet flyer, but could you change the color of the script so everyone can read it.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick willie View Post
      Sweet flyer, but could you change the color of the script so everyone can read it.
      Look up.. see the attachment and the note above the attachment. Yes I realize the older versions of MS Words doesn't make the picture transparent as the newer version as someone brought that to my attention and I attached the flyer with no picture. Thanks for asking...

Comment

http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournam...iller_DGC_2011

Comment

Last year I made the wooden trophies myself and engraved them etc, this year they are being made professionally...

Comment

http://www.pdgasignup.com/Qstore/Qst...ROD=1295301304

http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/62889

Look forward to filling this tournament up...

Comment

The 3rd round on Sunday morning starts at 10AM so that everyone can play glow, chat around the fire and get a good night's sleep. There will be donuts and coffee for everyone Sunday morning at tournament central.

Comment

working on getting the Hagg Crew to come out to this one. I had a blast last year
                All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

This tournament is limited to 80 players, there will be 20-22 holes for rounds 1-3 and 18 holes for round 2... 4 people have registered, 76 spots left

Comment

There will be a mini basket and a travel basket up for grabs in the $1 per throw CTP contest at the end like last year, only there will be 2 CTP baskets to be thrown at, you choose which one... 30 minutes to see who takes the baskets home, unlimited throws...

Comment

Lunch will be provided Saturday for real cheap... $1 hotdogs and burgers and drinks too... Will be having chicken sausages and turkey burgers as well...

Comment

Nathan,

How come there is nothing on their website about disc golf in the activities?
                        PDGA #25296
                        Stumptown #34

Comment

Excellent question, I will ask. Biggest thing is that the board has controlled basically everything at the camp but has had almost zero input or control over the course so they might be a little out of the loop how well the course is turning out and so forth? I done my best to keep all the websites updated and talk to them often, especially the care takers who definitely support the course project.
                          There will be a huge work party saturday march 26th all day with lunch provided to get pro tee pads put in on a few holes and fairways cleared plus making wood chipped greens and trails as well as at least 4-6 alt pins put in. There will be plenty to be revealed for the may 14-15 tournament like new tee pad placements and alt pins...

Comment

The board apologized for the oversight on not having disc golf on their activity list on the web.

http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/62889 - 7 players registered so far, but have had 40+ say they would register. I accept both online and in person/snail mail registration.

Making it clear, the trophies are way better than last year and are being done professionally.
                            Amateurs are getting a super players pack (value over entry fee minus charity donation) and trophies are for 1-3 place in each division. Will only make trophies for the divisions that have enough players in them registered by April 15th.

The work party on March 26th will add a lot of cool stuff that will be used in the tournament like alt pins and longer tee pads.

Also working on getting rubber tee pads.

Comment

Talked with some of the Hagg crew today. it looks like a possibility that we will make it
                              All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X