2nd Annual Camp Taloali Deaf Youth Camp Fundraiser @ Jerry Miller DGC; May 14-15 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there another event going on that weekend that I am unaware of or? Pm's encouraged... looking forward put on champ event. The trophies and discs are on their way to me now...
    extra baskets, rubber mats, carpets, glow sticks, new basket placements, wooden disc trophies, extra prizes like shirts, towels, hats, discs, and ctp contest for a mini basket... gonna be great.

tee sign sponsorships still available as well for those unable to come...

Snap...

Comment

The layout will be similar but will have several key differences, and major twists to 3-4 holes like elevated island and new placements etc... Scores from the November fundraiser with 18 holes. Temp holes will be similar. Course will be set up early this year.

Comment

Round 1 scorecard for the May 14-15 tournament is attached.

21 holes. 8200 feet of improving your game! Hole E is a 8-12 foot elevated hole with the river 20 feet behind it and will be an island hole. The island will be a 45 foot radius around the basket with a lay up zone another 90 feet shorter. So concept there is a 90 foot river going through the hole and a real river behind the basket heh... Hole F will be on the bonfire stage, elevated.
        Holes 6, 17, B, E, F, G will be elevated baskets. Hole 14A will be the opposite

Round 1 - 21 holes, par 74
        Round 2 - 18 holes, par 56
        Round 3 TBA
        Last edited by snap7times; May 4th, 2011, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Round 2 card

Comment

Got the shipment of discs and swag today. They upgraded the pro aftershocks to sparkle aftershocks... yeah...
            here is a picture of them...

Comment

14A has a new placement now, dug it out and poured it today. Will move it next week a few days before the tournament...

Comment

Pic of some of the swag for prizes, CTP, and Raffle. There is a gold mini basket that is up for the CTP contest after the final round, $1 per throw for 30 minutes. The basket will be around 175-200 feet, a normal sized basket that is. There will be seperate round CTP's as well.

Comment

online registration closes Friday Night May 6th. In hand registrations accepted anytime and at the door Friday afternoon the 13th before random doubles and saturday morning the 14th 7-830am...

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                    online registration closes Friday Night May 6th. In hand registrations accepted anytime and at the door Friday afternoon the 13th before random doubles and saturday morning the 14th 7-830am...
                    Any update on registration?

If I came down on Friday morning to check out the course (for the first time) which course would be in place (regular or safari)? Is it easy to find your way around? Where would I find directions to the course from Portland? Is it public or do I need to seek permission to play?

Any answers to the above questions would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Registrations are still coming in person. More than 15 golfers said they would pay on friday or saturday morning which is fine with me, the more the merrier. A more detailed registration list is on the tournament page on discgolfscene.
                      http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournam...1/registration

I will have the 7 temp holes set up fully by noon friday. The regular course is in place all the time, however baskets will be moved around in their pin placements. The regular course is EASY to find your way around.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=3617

Usually polite to call the caretakers as in the dgcoursereview directions but I will be there for part of the day Thursday and most of the day friday getting everything ready.

There is a final work party tomorrow (monday), to wood chip the last of the fallen wood and spread it out on greens and teepads. The teepads will be mixed between carpet (2-3), rubber mats (12), and wood chip. The worse teepads currently will get carpet and rubber teepads.

Hope that answers your questions, if not, ask again and I'll do better...

This layout will make you a BETTER golfer physically and mentally!
                      The scorecards in the above posts have the holes that are actually being played on them. The scorecards are final set up for rounds 1 and 2! Round 3 will be 23-24 holes on sunday for the final 3rd round.

(from previous posts on 1st page)preliminary set up for saturday's rounds... might be changed a little but this is what I'm thinking...

Round 1 Par Feet
                      1. 2B 3 320
                      2. 3-4A 4 575
                      3. 5B 4 450
                      4. 6C 3 285 (temp basket placement)
                      5. 7-8A 4 465
                      6. 10 3 261
                      7. 11B 4 475
                      8. 12B 3 270
                      9. 13B 3 330
                      10. 14A 3 285 Sunken ground basket (new pin placement!)
                      11. 15 3 290 (pro tee pad from the road behind normal teepad)
                      12. 16B 3 250
                      13. 17B 3 200 Elevated Basket
                      14. 18B 3 215
                      15. Temp A 4 650 (Long anny right)
                      16. Temp B 4 430 (Straight anny right)
                      17. Temp C 4 430
                      18. Temp D 4 530
                      19. Temp E 3 360 Elevated Basket with santiam river 20 feet behind basket and this is a 45 foot island!
                      20. Temp F 5 600 S shape fairway
                      21. Temp G 4 525 Elevated basket
                      74 8221
                      Round 2
                      1. 1 3 220
                      2. 2B 3 320
                      3. 3-11B 3 345
                      4. 4B 3 440
                      5. 5A 3 315
                      6. 6A or C 3 235 or 285
                      7. 7B 3 360
                      8. 8B 3 305
                      9. 9B 3 250
                      10. 10 3 265
                      11. 11A 3 330
                      12. 12B 3 270
                      13. 13B 3 330
                      14. 14B 3 345
                      15. 15 alt tee 3 285
                      16. 16B 3 250
                      17. 17B 3 200
                      18. 18B 3 230
                      54 5295/5345
                      Last edited by snap7times; May 8th, 2011, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Out of Bounds and Mandos for May 14-15
                        Hole 7 to 8 has a white barrel about 270 down the fairway, Mando Left to 8 fairway. Drop zone in middle of 7 fairway.
                        Hole 14 is mando right of the big tree near 13B. RETEE
                        The water on 16 and 17 is out of bounds, play from last in bounds.
                        B – Fenced pool is out of bounds, play from last in bounds. Small fenced area where gas tank is not out of bounds, take 1 meter relief from where it crossed into this area.
                        C – double mando right of 2 trees in fairway. No dropzone, you must play around these mandos. Horseshoe pit is out of bounds, play from last in bounds.
                        D – Mando right of tree about 240 on left side of fairway. Drop zone next to this tree. No other out of bounds.
                        E – “Fake creek” is out of bounds and play from outside side of fake creek closest to teepad. If disc goes into river past the basket, play from last in bounds.
                        Example; tee off, skips into fake creek, touches the inbounds island and rolls back into fake creek. Take drop zone on outside of fake creek.
                        Tee off, goes into inbounds island and rolls into real santiam river, play from last in bounds on the island.
                        F – Mando right of first tree on left of fairway. River is OB.
                        Players on A and G need watch each other for crossing paths.

Comment

One reason I asked is because I signed up through pdga.com over a week ago and don't see my name on the list. I had a friend sign up last tuesday (3 or 4 days after me) and I see his name. Any chance you could check on that please Nathan, my name is David Moore and I'm playing advanced masters.
                          Last edited by loki; May 8th, 2011, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by loki View Post
                            One reason I asked is because I signed up through pdga.com over a week ago and don't see my name on the list. I had a friend sign up last tuesday (3 or 4 days after me) and I see his name. Any chance you could check on that please Nathan, my name is David Moore and I'm playing advanced masters.
                            You are in, sorry about that, between the Deaf National Championships in 3 weeks and the Taloali tournament, which I am doing PDGA registration for both, had like 5 dave or davids sign up within 48 hours, missed yours, my bad, but you are there! Thanks for the follow up, all good. Bring more people! It's gonna be off the hook!

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                              You are in, sorry about that, between the Deaf National Championships in 3 weeks and the Taloali tournament, which I am doing PDGA registration for both, had like 5 dave or davids sign up within 48 hours, missed yours, my bad, but you are there! Thanks for the follow up, all good. Bring more people! It's gonna be off the hook!
                              I'd love to bring more if more are interested. I'll be driving from Portland (and back) each day and I have room for 2 more players (or 3) if anyone needs a ride, just post here or pm me.

Comment

Let's git'er filled! Approaching 40 now, can't wait to pick up the trophies on wednesday. Work party at the camp today to clean all the fairways and woodchip everything. This will be among the best manicured forest courses in the NorthWest!
                                Will be moving the baskets to their 1st round placements today.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X