2nd Annual Camp Taloali Deaf Youth Camp Fundraiser @ Jerry Miller DGC; May 14-15 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pre register if you can please...

Work Party was awesome, 20+ people came and helped, got some serious wood chipping done but far from done. 5 alt pins were put in and 14A, the easy peasy hole got dug out and moved to an interesting pin placement. Cant wait to put them into effect. There will be 1 more work party before the tournament. Don't miss this tournament!

Comment

preliminary set up for saturday's rounds... might be changed a little but this is what I'm thinking...

Round 1 Par Feet
      1. 2B 3 320
      2. 3-4A 4 500
      3. 5B 4 450
      4. 6B 3 235
      5. 7-8B 4 510
      6. 9B 3 250
      7. 11B 4 475
      8. 12B 3 270
      9. 13B 3 330
      10. 14A 3 260 Sunken ground basket
      11. 16B 3 250
      12. 17B 3 200 Elevated Basket
      13. 18B 3 230
      14. Temp A 4 650
      15. Temp B 4 430
      16. Temp C 3 430
      17. Temp D 4 530
      18. Temp E 3 420 Elevated Basket
      19. Temp F 5 600 S shape fairway
      20. Temp G 4 525
      70 7865
      Round 2
      1. 1 3 220
      2. 2B 3 320
      3. 3-11B 3 345
      4. 4B 3 440
      5. 5A 3 315
      6. 6A or C 3 235 or 285
      7. 7B 3 360
      8. 8B 3 305
      9. 9B 3 250
      10. 10 3 265
      11. 11A 3 330
      12. 12B 3 270
      13. 13B 3 330
      14. 14B 3 345
      15. 15 alt tee 3 285
      16. 16B 3 250
      17. 17B 3 200
      18. 18B 3 230
      54 5295/5345

Comment

I think I'll be able to make this one. Just as long as Snap moves up. :P
        Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

I played open last year and was on the lead card in the 3rd round, and you can see I'm in open again...

Comment

I mean for good. You already won the WOUDGC Tournament in Advanced and have a 1000+ rated round.

Comment

almost all of our top pros won at least 3 adv before moving up... I've only won small tourneys, not big ones.
              Last edited by snap7times; March 30th, 2011, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Alright, fair enough.

Comment

5 new pin placements went in last weekend at the course. The layouts will be awesome for the tournament.

http://www.vimeo.com/21745565
                  These are the trophies for the tournament. Also those TD's out there wanting bad ass trophies from the NW, this guy Gary does them cheap.
                  Also hole sponsorships go a long way to help us out.

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                    almost all of our top pros won at least 3 adv before moving up... I've only won small tourneys, not big ones.
                    "Top Pros" being the key phrase here. If the standard was win three in MA1 before moving up the pro field would be eight "top pros". I'm not saying you should move up Snap, I'm just sayin'. It's sad to see guys winning big tournaments in MA1 or consistently placing in the top ten, and still coming back year after year without moving up.

Comment

i have every intention of improving and then moving up... this is my first full year of advanced...

Comment

Got 16 pre registered so far... comeon let's get more in there, I just ordered 100 player pack discs...
                        25 pro hurricanes
                        25 sparkle tsunamis
                        25 rdga 150g squalls
                        25 pro aftershocks
                        The layout of the tournament is going to make you PLAY DISC GOLF!

1st round will be 21 holes, par 74-75
                        2nd round will be 18 holes, par 56
                        3rd round will be 22-23 holes, par 77-80...
                        Donuts Sunday morning, 10am tee off means done by 2, then throw off for baskets, awards, everyone is back on the road by 330 at latest...

Comment

Trophies are bad axxed! The discs are going to be awesome!
                          The layouts will be super awesome! Dont miss out!
                          Hole sponsorships will help this tournament in a great way, so if you can't come play, but want to help the tournament fundraise and be a great success, hole sponsorships are the way to go. Anyone who sponsors a hole gets the 10mm hard laminated sign after the tournament to keep.
                          $20 for 1 hole, $30 for 2 holes, $50 for 4 holes.

Comment

A lot of work has gone into this course over the past 6 months, and more is coming in the following weeks leading up to the May 14-15 tournament. The course will be closed basically from Memorial weekend to Labor day weekend due to summer camps. Get your rounds in now! Will be rotating the baskets on a weekly basis the whole month of may.. As you can see two reviews on dgcoursereviews have been updated to reflect the improvements on the course over the last 6 months. If only cefire could get up here soon...
                            Last edited by snap7times; April 21st, 2011, 10:42 PM.

Comment

The ADV field grew a few players this week, where are all of ya? You are missing a good one, this tournament will make each player a better player overall! This will not be duece or die like last year.

The old review versus the new review by "the birdman"/"chainbanger" on the Jerry Miller DGC

-----------

Pros: This is great place for hearing impaired youth. For the purpose of a camp activity and getting kids involved, this course rocks. There were nice signs and spray painted arrows letting people know where the next tee was. The caretaker has done a nice job of clearing the fairways. It has a lot of ace runs, and I find that fun, once in awhile. +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                              This place has really improved over time. The course "Pro" has really put a lot of work into making this course fun for disc golfers. With alternate baskets he has added over 1,000 feet. This area of Oregon is densely wooded, but the course is clear and well maintained (just keep it in the cleared fairways).

Cons: Advanced to pro players will find that it is a fun course to work on the mid-range game. There is no point in bringing all your discs, it can easily be done with five. If not your mid and a putter. I do think that if they have
                              tournaments out there, they should have some alternates set up. There are definitely some holes that would have to be lengthened.
                              ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                              BAM, they did all that!... I think the caretaker was listening. bring your full bag! The only con during my round was the inconsistent weather. We had rain, sun, and hail during our short 18 hole round. That's Oregon.

Other Thoughts: Like I said in the beginning, It is a fun place for the kids. They won't have to throw a whole lot, and can have fun. Experienced golfers will wish for more. The course could be a lot more challenging. For instance I am an OK advanced player and shot a -4 the first round and -8 the second time around. All in all, it was scenic and fun with all the ace runs.
                              ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                              This is a course where a seasoned golfer could come out and shoot -10 and the next day shoot a +5. You really need to hit your lines to shoot well. It's not a forgiving course, but it's very playable. I had some really cool birdies, a few bogies and my third ACE....Make the drive, it's worth the trip.

Comment

http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournam...iller_DGC_2011

24 registered... keep them coming in...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X