Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
    AM reg is up too.
    Wow, 109 players already pre-registered, over 7 weeks in advance! Good work, everyone! Great job, Mike S!
    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by Zuhocky View Post
      If you win once or place in the top 3, three times, move up!

Comment

Originally posted by Zuhocky View Post
        I have a good idea lets make it a pro only next year

I think that would get some folks to move up!!!

who's that Eric Lund guy?

How many pros in this tourney are rated under 970?

If you win once or place in the top 3, three times, move up!
        If everyone did that, cashing in the pro field would be easier,
        top 40%+ get paid.
        Or have an intermediate field, our field is almost perfectly in line for what the PDGA recommends based on ratings. There are only 8 players in the open field with lower ratings than mine. Most of them are MUCH higher. Why would I want to pay an extra $20, not get a cool players pack, and get my A$% kicked?

Comment

Because you are there to test your skills...

Choosing a division should start with your rating, but it shouldn't end there!

There was a comment earlier about someone feeling like they were just fighting to cash. That's how everyone should feel about their division. If you know that you are going to cash easily you're in the wrong division.

That said moving to pro is tough. For most serious talented players it is the first time they will play in a tournaments where they won't regularly go home with more shwag then they pay in entry fees. When I moved up to pro I had one win in advanced (not even in my home state and a fifth place finish at my home course) I struggled at first placing out of the cash in the rest of the tournaments that I played that year. I have since had more wins in Pro than I've had in any other division (4,including a B tier last year, yeah baby!). The idea that everyone should expect to get three wins in Advanced before they move up to pro is just mathmatically unsustainable.

Playing pro means you are generally on the course with people who can really play, who are fun to watch and who generally understand etiquette (though there are some jerks, just like every other division). I have learned more and grown more quickly as a player since I've challenged myself to play Pro and yes it was very motivating to walk away from a few tournaments empty handed.

The question you should ask yourself is not where you are now, but where you want to be. If you want to be thought of as one of the best disc golfers in your area you should be playing pro. Or as my mentor Buck might say "put you money where your mouth is"

Comment

ya what he said, if you know your going to get a pay out before you play, your in the wrong division. Or your a really good Pro and there are only a few, they seem to be the ones against players packs for pros.

when I moved up to pro in '05 there were usually 10 or 12 in the open division. what do you think my odds of cashing were, 0%. I put in my dues for sure.

I think pros should always get the same players packs as the not so pros.

Pro divisions payout 40% or more.

Man if I only had 400 more posts.

Keep on Hukin'
            Last edited by Zuhocky; March 5th, 2011, 10:49 PM.

Comment

http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/66157

Looks like the MPM division only needs one more player to have four three-somes.

<stares at Reichard>

Comment

Props to Josh Petit!

Moved up to advanced against a tough field!

Unwillingly.....

Haha!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
                  http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/66157

Looks like the MPM division only needs one more player to have four three-somes.

<stares at Reichard>
                  Nope, playing with my friends this year in MA1. I'll gladly play up in all non-PDGA events though.

Fair warning - I'll be playing MM1 for BSF in order to have a better shot at getting in.

-Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Reichard View Post
                    Nope, playing with my friends this year in MA1. I'll gladly play up in all non-PDGA events though.

Fair warning - I'll be playing MM1 for BSF in order to have a better shot at getting in.

-Rick
                    You will always be welcome in the MM1 division, my friend!

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                    Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                    Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                    Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                    Or does here stand the last remaining man
                    To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                    No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                    Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                    Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                      You will always be welcome in the MM1 division, my friend!

Well he's welcome in MPM too, but apparently we are not his friends!

Comment

Where is everyone? No posts for over a month??? C'mon it's the 3PO!! I'm stoked. Are you?
                        Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

I'm so stoked, I've been waiting for 3 years to play a PDGA at Milo!
                          PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
                          dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

Are we playing the BSF layout... or are there some wrinkles?

Comment

Originally posted by DexterHawk View Post
                              Are we playing the BSF layout... or are there some wrinkles?
                              saw mike yesterday at milo and confirmed that it'll be bsf layout... rumours, be still and quiet!!!
                              "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                              Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                                saw mike yesterday at milo and confirmed that it'll be bsf layout... rumours, be still and quiet!!!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X