Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like the Pro spots are up...

http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/66157

Comment

check the first post of this thread for more info.

there are 9 am spots still available

Go Brewers

and Packers XLV Champs

dont forget the Bucks

Comment

Originally posted by Zuhocky View Post
        check the first post of this thread for more info.

there are 9 am spots still available

Go Brewers

and Packers XLV Champs

dont forget the Bucks
        PACK ATTACK!

Comment

Originally posted by dc1 View Post
          Looks like the Pro spots are up...

http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/66157
          AM reg is up too. Too bad there's so many people unwilling to move up in Oregon!
          Last edited by Matt B.; March 2nd, 2011, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Mike, I thought we could pay via paypal?
            Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
            Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
              AM reg is up too. Too bad there's so many people unwilling to move up in Oregon!

what the 10 players that are over 950 or is the 3 players that are in the 960's??

not trying to stir the pot but just curious.....plus im just padding my post count

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

I agree with NWDiscer, Advanced Ams is supposed to be between 935 and 970. This tournament has a great advanced field, without any obvious baggers.

Comment

I agree, it will definitely be competitive and a difficult division to win, but based on current ratings alone, the Advanced AM field at 3PO looks pretty typical to me:

17 < 935
                  9 >= 935 && <= 950
                  6 > 950 && < 960
                  3 > 960 && < 970
                  0 > 970

edit: Unless your name is JE or RR.
                  :-)
                  Last edited by bryan_luoma; March 3rd, 2011, 08:43 AM.

Comment

I know ill be fighting just to hit the cash line, but hey, I enjoy tougher competition.
                    PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
                    dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

Originally posted by bryan_luoma View Post
                      I agree, it will definitely be competitive and a difficult division to win, but based on current ratings alone, the Advanced AM field at 3PO looks pretty typical to me:

17 < 935
                      9 >= 935 && <= 950
                      6 > 950 && < 960
                      3 > 960 && < 970
                      0 > 970
                      I do think that people should play where they are allowed to play by rating and where they will enjoy themselves the most! I'm not trying to call out people and get into the whole bagger thing. I'm just surprised to see people who could definitley move up and be competitive, but remain in the same division year after year. It's a choice and I can respect someone's choice even if I don't understand it.

If people who are good enough to win big tournaments in Advanced never move up because they don't always win or place in the top ten, the Pro fields will never grow. If the Pro fields don't grow, the lower rated Pro players will have less chance to cash, and the cycle continues with upper level Advanced players scared to enter the Pro ranks because they will struggle to cash.

That's obviously my bias as a lower rated Pro player who can but usually doesn't cash or place in big tournaments! My motivation is to grow the Pro fields by encouraging people who have the skills to be competitive to move up. Most new Pro players struggle for a year or two or more...but they get better as players as they do, and eventually they do have some success. And if the next crop of great Advanced players decide to take the plunge and join the Pro field, the cash line gets deeper and the success of the field continues to grow.

Again - just my opinion and I'm not pointing fingers. This is probably a discussion best suited to a different thread anyway, although it's well covered ground.

Comment

Originally posted by bryan_luoma View Post

edit: Unless your name is JE or RR.
                        :-)
                        Those two have great difficulty realizing what division they belong in. It may be a sign of senility. At least RR appears to be looking for more competition, not less.

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
                          Those two have great difficulty realizing what division they belong in. It may be a sign of senility. At least RR appears to be looking for more competition, not less.
                          I fit nicely in the middle of the pack in my new division so leave me out of this (or I shall spite you by returning)!

The kids better watch out because I feel good this year.

-Rick

Comment

Well said Matt B.
                            I think you nailed it on the head. Unless you are restricted to play in a certain division due to your player rating, it really comes down to personal choice.
                            There are good arguments to support both decisions (staying put, or playing up).

Comment

I played this one up last year to help some buds get in the ams side, and holy hell it was a whooping!

Comment

I have a good idea lets make it a pro only next year

I think that would get some folks to move up!!!

How many pros in this tourney are rated under 970?

If you win once or place in the top 3, three times, move up!
                                If everyone did that, cashing in the pro field would be easier,
                                top 40%+ get paid.
                                Last edited by Zuhocky; March 10th, 2011, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X