X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Great Festivus

Kelly's tournament logo predicting the weather was only off by a day. There was a strong cold (36 degrees) wind blowing at Adair Sunday after some morning rain. Not the brutal Festivus wind of two years ago but still one that would have wreaked havoc on pretty much all the temporary holes and 5 and 18 and 11 and ... You get the picture.
    Congratulations to James and all the winners, he is the new keeper of the Festivus Pole.

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
      Subject: Re: [wdgc] Re:
      An extra of those also went to Tami Allen along with the $100 Ace Pot rounded up with a little double Ace Pot $. The only really bummer on the day was the dog bite breaking up a dog fight, which just shouldn't happen.
      Anyone know how Tami is doing after getting bit trying to separate the dog fight? I saw her hand right after, and it did not look good.

There were a lot of dogs there. Seems like most of them were under control though, but some were not. I know a couple of them came up on our intermediate women's group, and started to bark aggressively until they were called back. Was a bit of a tense moment though because we were not sure what they were going to do, so we all just kinda stood there.

I golf with my Chocolate lab quite often by myself, and encountering unrestrained aggressive dogs is one thing that worries me. I carry pepper spray with me when I am by myself because I worry I would not be able to separate an aggressive dog if it attacked my dog.

I hope Tami is ok, and it was an awesome ace. Our group was behind her group, so we defiantly herd the celebrating.

Cindy
      Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
      2013 Chick Flick co-TD
      Stumptown #176
      PDGA #37716

Comment

Ace? I thought that it was a 5pp from tee to chains?

Kelly did awesome work on the stamp. I saw it and cried a little... again.
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
          I thought that it was a 5pp from tee to chains?.
          That is correct, however with no true ace coupled with the dog bite the players and Greg agreed to give it to Tami.

Kelly did awesome work on the stamp. I saw it and cried a little... again.
          If anyone hasn't noticed look closely at the stamp, it is hole 5 on the berm.

Comment

Yeah, yeah... I noticed that. That's why I cried a little.

I heard about the ace pot and think that the players and Greg decided rightly.
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post

Intermediate - MA2
              Sam Gibson 59-65 - 125 (Tied for best Open round in the morning, and beat the MA1 winners by 3)

Should this get moved to the "Sandbaggers" thread..

Comment

Different Sam Gibson.

Thank GOD I am not a sandbagger... I might actually win a tournament sometime...
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Yeah, yeah... I noticed that. That's why I cried a little.

I heard about the ace pot and think that the players and Greg decided rightly.
                  I also got ace money without getting an ace on that hole. April Fools dubs a couple years ago. It's an island hole tradition. At least Tami's went in! Way to go Tami

Comment

Can someone please post a pic of Kelly's artwork. I'd love to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by gwillim View Post
                      Can someone please post a pic of Kelly's artwork. I'd love to see it.
                      I'll try

E

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X