X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Oregon Events Sechdule

As I live in Eastern Oregon and will undoubtedly have to travel further than 200 miles to play most Oregon events, I am trying to plan my 2011 tournament travel schedule and I have a few questions with multiple parts:
    1. What are some of the larger (A, B, and larger C-Tier) Oregon events?
      1. What are the (usual) dates of these events?
      2. What are the (usual) entry fees for these events?
      3. What are the (usual) locations for these events?
    2. Is there going to be a 2011 Oregon State Series?
      1. What events will be a part of this series?
      2. What are the (usual) locations for these events
      3. What are the (usual) dates of these events?
      4. What are the (usual) entry fees for these events?
    3. Is there a date set for the Next Adventure Amateur Championships?
      1. What is the (usual) location for this event?
      2. What is the (usual) entry fee for this event?
    Throw What You Know.
    "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
    PDGA# 45989

Here's my advice...take the entire month of September off. There is a major tourney every weekend during that month. I would try to hit up the Great Northwest Open at Whistler's Bend in April, Beaver State in May, Rose City at Pier Park in July and the Calapooia Classic in August. Entry fees are usually around 55$. All of these tourneys are at least B-tier, probably more than one will be A-tier.

Comment

most events have been planned, dates have changed for some, dion is the person to talk to.. bsf is june

Comment

Originally posted by Uhlman View Post
        As I live in Eastern Oregon and will undoubtedly have to travel further than 200 miles to play most Oregon events, I am trying to plan my 2011 tournament travel schedule and I have a few questions with multiple parts:
        Ha! This might be the funniest post of the year...

Planning?!?!? We don't need no stinkin planNING!!!

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
        Remain ye men of faculty complete,
        Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
        Attending to our noble bond and contract?
        Or does here stand the last remaining man
        To give a fig for rules and order yet,
        No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
        Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
        Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Over the last few years, there has usually been at least one B tier or higher even every month between April and October. Use the PDGA advanced search feature to see what events have occurred in our area in the past. That will give you a general idea. (For example, you'll notice the GNO has occurred every year near the end of April for the last several years - so there's a decent chance that it will again this year. Same goes for Eugene Celebration (September) and Willamette Open (October).

There has been no official announcement regarding an Oregon series for 2011. Dion Aryln ran somethign similar last year, so you could check with him to see if he plans on running one this year. Again, use the PDGA search to look at past events. Many will have a tournament website where you can get information such as divisions offered and cost. Generally speaking, plan on around $50 for an AM entry fee for a B tier event. A little bit less for a C tier (often as low as $20) and a little bit more for an A tier.

There has been no announcement regarding the NAAC. This event has only occurred once. It has always occured in August and it has always been a $75 entry fee (or thereabouts - I don't recall exactly).

Comment

I have been in contact with many of the TDs for this years upcoming schedule, however, there are still a few conflicting dates that have yet to be settled, and I want those weekends cleared up before anything official gets posted.

I have not heard from Tom or Teresa yet regarding the GNO. Mike was the only TD to contact me about an event in April, so he got choice of weekend.

Hopefully some of these scheduling issues can be resolved soon, and the schedule can be published.

D
            Team DISCRAFT
            NW Sign Up
            Gorilla Boy
            Paragon Disc Golf
            Odwalla

Comment

Thanks for the update! That should buy you another week. . . 9 days tops!

Originally posted by RonTheWhip View Post
              I have been in contact with many of the TDs for this years upcoming schedule, however, there are still a few conflicting dates that have yet to be settled, and I want those weekends cleared up before anything official gets posted.

I have not heard from Tom or Teresa yet regarding the GNO. Mike was the only TD to contact me about an event in April, so he got choice of weekend.

Hopefully some of these scheduling issues can be resolved soon, and the schedule can be published.

D

Comment

Do you have a date in mind to release the schedule?
                Will it be a blanket announcement, with details on an OR series too?
                No pressure, just a real casual inquiry.

Comment

Originally posted by Reichard View Post
                  Thanks for the update! That should buy you another week. . . 9 days tops!
                  Should we just collectively piece together and post the 2011 Oregon Tournament schedule? Any TD's want to chime in on dates that haven't been announced yet? I think so far we know the dates for: GNO, 3PO, BSF...anything else?

Comment

the NA AM Champ's, according to the PDGA website, are Aug 27 & 28
                    and the Chick Flick is Aug 13 & 14th
                    Throw What You Know.
                    "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
                    PDGA# 45989

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
                      Any TD's want to chime in on dates that haven't been announced yet?
                      I'm not a TD, but I do know that the Eugene Celebration will be on Sept 10-11.

Not an A-tier this year, maybe next.

Venue(s) TBD, but if we're at Dexter expect it to play about 2-3 strokes easier unless new pin placements can be installed to compensate for the missing firs.

Comment

RCO May 21-22

Comment

the NA AM Champ's, according to the PDGA website, are Aug 27 & 28
                          and the Chick Flick is Aug 13 & 14th
                          We have the awesome Treelove Calendar for all events, weeklies, monthlies, etc...I'm mostly interested in the historically larger PDGA events for this particular list. Basically, the kind of schedule that used to come out this time of year for the Oregon Series, even though it seems likely(?) there will not be a series this year.

Great Northwest Open - April 16-17
                          McIver 3PO - April 23-24
                          Taloali Fundraiser - May 14-15
                          RCO May 21-22
                          Beaver State Fling - June 24-26
                          Whistlin' Disc Open - July 30-31
                          Eugene Celebration - Sept. 9-10

Calapooia Classic, Willamette Open, Sisters/Bend/Mountain Golf.....enquiring minds and people wanting to plan their spring summer and fall around supporting these events want to know.

Any TD's have a date more or less set that they can share?

I'd guess the Eugene Celebration would be in it's usual second weekend in September slot? Rumor has it the Willamette Open will be in July? (!) Calapooia Classic gonna jump in on the 'Global' Disc golf tournament?
                          Last edited by Matt B.; February 11th, 2011, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
                            Eugene Celebration.....enquiring minds and people wanting to plan their spring summer and fall around supporting these events want to know.
                            I already posted the EC date. 9/10-11

Comment

I've started a new thread that addresses Matt B's previous post. Enjoy!
                              http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/...st.php?p=89748

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X