Stumptown Slosh Series #2 - Sunday, December 19th at Dabney State Park Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
    I'm actually not going to be able to make it but I'm the tarps will still be needed and inside of the covered shelter it is really dark this time of year. The folks doing the scoring could really use a lantern or two.

Have fun with your first tournament!

Bob
    Thanks I had a blast, took first place in intermediate. Woman, that other girl didn't have a chance. I had a blast and met so many kickass people. Im definetly looking forward to my next tournament!! Ya'll rock! 8)

Comment

Thanks for a good tourney Jeff! Merry X-mas and happy holidays

Comment

Mike, thank you also!

Comment

I'd like to thank everyone who came out to the Slosh today. I hope you all had a good time... even if the wind was wreaking some havoc. I appreciated the fact that we avoided the rain all day, but got to see the snowflakes start falling as we drove out of the park. Not a bad way to finish the day.

The results are posted HERE but there seems to be a problem with the ratings not showing up yet.

Jeff

PS: Matt... You're welcome.
          "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Thank you.
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Thanks, Jeff Hagerty, great job as always! Also, thanks to Jeff Mittl and Mike Phillips for redeeming scrip and raising Beaver State Fling money! And thanks to everyone else who helped out!
              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Bummer I was sick and couldn't attend. :-(

Comment

Had an awesome time. Payouts came really quickly after the rounds were finished. Thank you Jeff and Stump crew.

Comment

Had great time thanks to jeff for a well ran tournament looking forward to the next one
                    PDGA # 31451
                    2 Mini Aces
                    75 Aces
                    PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
                    DISC GOLF OR DIE
                    BOB CABAL
                    DISCVANGO
                    JEFF ELLIOT
                    G-MAN
                    JORDAN LEWIS
                    JEFF HAGERTY
                    JAMES GARCELON
                    SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

FYI: I have a few emails off to the PDGA trying to determine why the ratings are not calculating. As soon as I have an answer I will let you all know. Sorry for the delay.
                      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

They're up. (ratings)

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Phillips View Post
                          They're up. (ratings)
                          ... eeewwwwww... (just speaking for myself)

... clearly, i need lessons on how to putt in the wind...
                          "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

also, thank you to hagerty and mike phillips for a well run tournie... nice and quick... hope everyone had a safe drive home.

had a great time with melissa and cyndi of course... melissa, i especially appreciated you're comment about how you love how crass i am... oh, carie coleman, you would've been proud... and good job, too, girl hangin' in and finishing the whole thing... i loved watching you learn to throw that 150 sidewinder (please don't forget about the 150 r-pro boss... anyone out there want to know what to get melissa for christmas, there you go... also, she needs a putter)

peace threw disc golf and a very merry discmas to all!!!

emmarose
                            "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                            Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Phillips View Post
                              They're up. (ratings)
                              Beat me to the gun!

On to another subject:

Sean also noticed that noticed that Pro Masters payout percentages looked a little weird compared to those in Open. It took me a few minutes to figure out where I made the mistake, but I did find it. I had neglected to enter the cost of the players pack discs from that division's payout.

Here is what I paid out to Pro Masters:

Jeff Cox: $80
                              Jeff Hagerty: $50
                              Mike Ward: $40

Total: $170

Here is what I SHOULD have paid out:

Jeff Cox: $45
                              Jeff Hagerty: $30
                              Mike Ward: $20

Total: $95

The difference between these two amounts needs to be paid to Stumptown to cover the cost of the discs. Because this was 100% my mistake, I do not intend to ask Jeff Cox or Mike Ward to return any money, since they had nothing to do with the mistake. I will cover the difference out of my own pocket, but I did want everyone to know exactly what happened, why and what is being done to fix it.

Sean, thank you very much for pointing this out. I really appreciate it. To everyone else, I truly apologize for the screw up. If anyone else has ANY questions about this please let me know.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                                ... clearly, i need lessons on how to putt in the wind...
                                Remind me of this the next time we meet. Not an expert by any stretch but the few things I have picked up worked yesterday...
                                ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X