Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great tourney! Thank you so much for putting it on. I love that the course changes so much between rounds.

on another note. People that start up chainsaws at 3 in the morn should be reprimanded. I also think that the 3 team woman's card ruined Saturday for anybody behind them. They took at least 2 hours longer than my card, and that is inconsiderate. After 2 hours I watched my buddies finish, and got to watch the group ahead of them hi five, hug and talk, before walking to there next hole. Nobody wants to play a 7 hour round and watch the group ahead of them dilly dally.

Anyway, I had a blast. Thanks.
    Last edited by ChainBanger; June 21st, 2011, 12:12 PM. Reason: hot dog

Comment

It was not these women's fault. Try blaming the people who organized the groups together that day! Especially on a rainy tough shot day!
      IndyAndy

Comment

It was very unfortunate that they were sent out in a group of six and I'm very sorry for the 7 hour round. Worst shot is already hard enough on everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by andrea2279 View Post
          It was not these women's fault. Try blaming the people who organized the groups together that day! Especially on a rainy tough shot day!
          This is a stupid thing to Btch about! There was already two or three ghost groups, one team can't play by themselves, if you stick the extra team with a mens division it is an unfair disadvantage for those two mens teams that get the third womens team! It sucks that it took so long, but it really was the only way it could have been done without putting them in with the mens division.
          My drunken words are my sober thoughts!

Comment

Originally posted by putter anonymous View Post
            This is a stupid thing to Btch about! There was already two or three ghost groups, one team can't play by themselves, if you stick the extra team with a mens division it is an unfair disadvantage for those two mens teams that get the third womens team! It sucks that it took so long, but it really was the only way it could have been done without putting them in with the mens division.
            how is that unfair to the men? (this is a serious question)

clearly, i'm sort of siding with the women here, but i am interested in what makes it unfair for the men to play with women as opposed to what seems quite unfair to the gals and a poor judgement call...

... in case none of you dudes know this, a lot of us are very aware that no matter how hard we try we often play slower than the men and this is a fairly signifigant stressor (at least for me... it freaks me out to see a group waiting on the tee behind me... especially if i know it's simply due to the fact that we are not putting our discs as far down the fairway and having to throw on average one more shot apiece than the guys...)

i don't think that this is in fact a stupid subject... perhaps stupid to complain about it unnecessarily, but this discomfort on the part of the women is part of the reason more women don't play tournaments and it seems that it would behouve us all to try and solve the issue...

... i believe the gals need to do their part to keep up speed of play (cut the chit chat, know when it's your turn, think ahead about your lie and what disc you're going to throw, no singing "kumbaya" and holding hands during the round, etc.) but i also believe that there are things that TD's can do as well (like, don't put six women together on a card when everyone else is playing on a card of 4)

just sayin'
            "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
            Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
              how is that unfair to the men? (this is a serious question)

clearly, i'm sort of siding with the women here, but i am interested in what makes it unfair for the men to play with women as opposed to what seems quite unfair to the gals and a poor judgement call...

... in case none of you dudes know this, a lot of us are very aware that no matter how hard we try we often play slower than the men and this is a fairly signifigant stressor (at least for me... it freaks me out to see a group waiting on the tee behind me... especially if i know it's simply due to the fact that we are not putting our discs as far down the fairway and having to throw on average one more shot apiece than the guys...)

i don't think that this is in fact a stupid subject... perhaps stupid to complain about it unnecessarily, but this discomfort on the part of the women is part of the reason more women don't play tournaments and it seems that it would behouve us all to try and solve the issue...

... i believe the gals need to do their part to keep up speed of play (cut the chit chat, know when it's your turn, think ahead about your lie and what disc you're going to throw, no singing "kumbaya" and holding hands during the round, etc.) but i also believe that there are things that TD's can do as well (like, don't put six women together on a card when everyone else is playing on a card of 4)

just sayin'
              I am a firm believer in that the more women that play disc golf the better of the sport is, not so with men! It is the same thing as putting a pro in with a am group. If at all possiable you should never mix divisions, pro to ams or men to women, The group that mixes has a disadvantage that everyone else in the division doesn't. With making a slow three team group it slows everyone down not just one or two teams. I miss spoke, I ment more along the lines of divisions to divisions. Every year In the tough shot rds pros take 4 to 6 hours and ams take 5 to 7 at whistlers, and every year same complants. Four years ago our rd took over 8 hours man that sucked. I am very sorry If I offended you emma or anyone else! I simply miss spoke. The tough shot rd for the ams really took about average time 25 holes at whislters bend takes a long time to finish! PS emma I am very sorry if I offended you!!!

Comment

I LOVE mixed division groups. I had one of the best rounds of my life in the BSF when I was with grouped with the Advanced Master Women! And we played just as fast as any drag-ass, 30-second-violating, rule-arguing pro group!
                Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

It is easy to say I enjoyed a rd that isn't a tough shot rd in the rain, Frankly I would rather golf with a lot of women over most of the ams I know! The point that is being missed is that it was a normal time played rd in the tough shot. Every year some am comes up to tourney central(atleast the last 4 or 5 years I have been helping). and bitches about how long it took, when every year the ams rd takes around seven and a half hours. Also it is first time so many of the settings where not in the short placements doing tough shot rd.

Comment

I should mention that if it took the same amount of time and the woman weren't giving hugs and obviously LolliGagging, I wouldn't have said anything. I really want to see more and more woman golfers. We all just need to be considerate of the groups behind us, and play golf.

Comment

• BINGO!

Originally posted by putter anonymous View Post
                      It is easy to say I enjoyed a rd that isn't a tough shot rd in the rain, Frankly I would rather golf with a lot of women over most of the ams I know! The point that is being missed is that it was a normal time played rd in the tough shot. Every year some am comes up to tourney central(atleast the last 4 or 5 years I have been helping). and bitches about how long it took, when every year the ams rd takes around seven and a half hours. Also it is first time so many of the settings where not in the short placements doing tough shot rd.
                      The added hole and some of the pin placements for tough shot added a bit more time than normal.
                      But, it made our humble 2 up for tough shot very rewarding.
                      Personally, I really, truly without a doubt missed the old traditional format of:
                      24 holes (72 for the gig)
                      1st round best > the toughest Whistlers has to offer
                      2nd round tough > the mellowest Whistlers has to offer
                      3rd round best > the "Classic" originals Whistlers has to offer
                      Thanks to all the Misfits for a gudt time!
                      Yose
                      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                      - Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by putter anonymous View Post
                        PS emma I am very sorry if I offended you!!!
                        for the record: totally not offended, just trying to figger things out... see, even using a smiley face emoticon and everything, even tho i try to avoid emoticonning...

it may be that to avoid issues like this you may have to mix some divisions.

i've played with dudes on my card and it's been great... seems like that's a better choice than putting extra ladies together...
                        "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                        Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

• on the same page>>

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
                          The added hole and some of the pin placements for tough shot added a bit more time than normal.
                          But, it made our humble 2 up for tough shot very rewarding.
                          Personally, I really, truly without a doubt missed the old traditional format of:
                          24 holes (72 for the gig)
                          1st round best > the toughest Whistlers has to offer
                          2nd round tough > the mellowest Whistlers has to offer
                          3rd round best > the "Classic" originals Whistlers has to offer
                          Thanks to all the Misfits for a gudt time!
                          Yose
                          I hadn't got to your post yet, but I had just highlighted that last sentence as well, and was going to ask why they decided not to go with short placements for tough shot (-- I've only played the tourney once, last year, but I'd agree that the format was perfect)>> what's the old adage... if it aint broke, don't fix it. I guess I'm just not a glutton for punishment...

See you next year for a super-tasty disc golf sandwich... sure the mustard and onions in the center may be tough to swallow, especially if you've been served bologna on that day(i.e. roll-aways, tough luck), but the bread is so darn good that you savor every bite.
                          Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

• Thank to everyone who help make this the biggest Whistler's Bend Doubles Shootout yet. There was one negative thing about the golf all weekend and that is what y'all are focusing on. The beer on hole 7 was so good, thank you Hope Valley Brewing Company and Buck. The set up was my favorite in years, thank you Spencer. The 7 added holes ROCKED! Thank you Spencer, Devin, Brant,and Josh. The course has never looked better thank you Misfits. Also a big thank you goes to Scott Heath for all the free and very professional work he did on the scorecards, player board cards and art work on the player pack Discs, Towels, Pint glasses, and Hats. So many people helped out at tournament central Tyler Phillips stepped up and did so much work.

Comment

• Results

-results wbds 2011-
                              -Devin Cordell #38801

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X