• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice Bowl Double Deuce - January 30, 2011

What? > Ice Bowl XXII
    When? > January 30, 2011
    Where? > Lawson Bar, Exit 102
    Why? > To raise food and money for those of need and to play some fun disc golf.
    Fee > $20
    Tee > 10:00am
    Player packages will include but not be limited to > 2011 Ice Bowl Z Nuke or Z Buzzz & a 2011 collectible nested mini.
    Last edited by Flatroc; January 27th, 2011, 02:37 PM.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    - Anonymous

Double Duece?!?

So does this mean its the 22nd ice bowl or do we have to take two craps in a bowl of ice?

Comment

deuces are wild

Since 1996, IB's have been primarily hosted to raise food and funds for the needy.
      To date all of you faithful Umpqua Disc Assoc. Ice Bowlers have raised $2,912.00 and 2,044 lbs of food.
      Our goal this year is again $1,000. ($850 last year)

UDA IB's have been putting a lot of emphasis on having FUN!
      Shooting through hoola hoops, basketball hoops and playing mini only holes is only some of the fun stuff we do. Anyone remember the swinging basket putting contest?
      I'm seriously thinking about using Lawson Bar and Stanton this year.
      Mr. Joshua,
      Hopefully we won't have as many wimps this year.
      Last edited by Flatroc; January 4th, 2011, 08:35 AM.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      - Anonymous

Comment

My new Job has me missing the whole Winter Folfing Season this year. So glad to read that things are going along great without me being there. Someone show up for me who might not have been planning to make it. I can still donate to the event though right Yose? food and funds are still needed weather you play or not. well until next time. May the Folf be with you.

Comment

Official notice

This years IB will be at Lawson Bar only.
          Exit 102 off of I-5, go west one mile to river.
          Last edited by Flatroc; January 26th, 2011, 08:52 AM.
          - Anonymous

Comment

Ice Bowl

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
            What? > Ice Bowl XXII
            When? > January 30, 2011
            Where? > Stanton Park & Lawson Bar, Canyonville
            Why? > To raise food and money for those of need and to play some fun disc golf.
            Fee > $20
            Tee > 10:00am
            Player packages will include but not be limited to > Z Nuke, Buzzz & nested minis.
            How many rounds are being played?

Comment

as many as you like

Originally posted by Javajoe View Post
              How many rounds are being played?
              Java, we will be playing at least 2 or 3 rounds on 9-12 holes.
              A lot will depend on if the fish are moving up the river, as we lose a few holes to boat/trailer parking.
              Usually it's dubs first round and then we leave it up to what we all want to do.
              Having fun is mandatory!
              I'm thinking blindfold doubles could be interesting.

So far we've raised 100 bucks for UCAN.
              Thanks to all you Windy Creek CTP peeps and Rick @ Disc Golf World (Fullcolor fundraiser discs).
              Remember, NO WIMPS NO WHINERS... be there or be a wimp!
              - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
                . . . . Having fun is mandatory!
                I'm thinking blindfold doubles could be interesting.

Yose, you are the man!

-Derek

Comment

Is this still open? If so can we register the day of

Comment

All are welcome!

Originally posted by wyattearp67 View Post
                    Is this still open? If so can we register the day of
                    UDA Ice Bowls are always open.
                    You don't have pay to play either.
                    It's basically meant to "dispel the gloom of winter" (Rick's quote), slam a few chains with your buds, raise some food/fund for folks who could really use it and enjoy the rough beauty of Lawson Bar.
                    You will have a chance to do something that is very rare in disc golf!
                    Play for a zero on your card on the hoola hoop hole.
                    Blindfold triples is sounding like a lot fun.
                    We could call it 3 Blind Mice.
                    As always please bring non perishable food donations and maybe some extra cash for the swinging basket putt and other activities.
                    - Anonymous

Comment

4 or 5 rouge valley-ites coming up at the least.

Comment

is this a basket course or poles the map said its poles

Comment

homemade course

Originally posted by wyattearp67 View Post
                          is this a basket course or poles the map said its poles
                          Lawson is a tone course with some very unique targets.
                          Some are triangular, some of them hang and look like a "mother-ship space craft" and some you'll just have to check out as they're unlike any other target you have probably putted at.
                          We will replace a few with baskets.
                          So be ready to putt at just about anything.
                          No Wimps No Whiners!
                          - Anonymous

Comment

there goes the neighborhood..........

Originally posted by Bryon_Harris View Post
                            4 or 5 rouge valley-ites coming up at the least.
                            Hmmmmmmm...well..... OK......I guess, if you think you really have to.
                            Thanks for the heads up!
                            I'll warn the others that you fellers are gonna be there.
                            - Anonymous

Comment

JUST IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been informed that Fred is going to fire up his Dutch oven!
                              Chili and cornbread for all. Yes, there will be a vegie version.
                              Thanks Fred!
                              - Anonymous

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X