Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astoria Disc Golf Course Grand Opening

Saturday October 16 - Noon - 5 p.m.

Join our friends in the Astoria area as they celebrate the grand opening of their first disc golf course. Ribbon cutting, prizes, food, and a doubles tournament are all on the schedule for the day.

Next Adventure, Stumptown Disc Golf and Firefly Disc Golf will all be heading down to support this event.

Pretty sure they're calling it "Lower Columbia DGC," not "North Coast."

Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Do we get to throw from the tower? Did I mention that I was absolutely certain that that damned thing was going to fall over right as I got to the top?
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

!

Originally posted by Sam View Post
        Do we get to throw from the tower? Did I mention that I was absolutely certain that that damned thing was going to fall over right as I got to the top?
        The BASKET is on top!

Bob

Comment

I never know whether to play up the steps for the easy bogey or try the long birdie from the bottom.

Comment

And they have brewpubs in town. Good job.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
              Pretty sure they're calling it "Lower Columbia DGC," not "North Coast."

http://www.lowercolumbiadiscgolf.info

You're right. I'm not sure where I got North Coast. Where did North Coast come from???

Fort George Pub is my personal recommendation!

Comment

Originally posted by Wog View Post
                You're right. I'm not sure where I got North Coast. Where did North Coast come from???
                I dunno, but that's also how DGCR had it listed at first; I'm guessing that came from you too.

At any rate, I changed the title of the thread to remove any confusion. I think everyone knows what "Astoria" means.
                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

At any rate, I changed the title of the thread to remove any confusion. I think everyone knows what "Astoria" means.
                  It is all becoming clearer. I was confused, because I had no memory of what I wrote initially, and then you were asking about North Coast and I looked at my post and didn't see North Coast anywhere so didn't think I screwed up. When actually I did screw up (although you could call it a north coast disc golf course just not THE North Coast Disc Golf Course) and you fixed it before I could validate my error. Thanks for setting me straight. I'm sure it won't be the last time!

Comment

Let's get a course in near Tillamook or Seaside or Fort Stevens; that'd be worthy of the name "North Coast."
                    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Fort Steven's has been my pick all along. They have room there for multiple courses with huge variety.

Comment

Lots of protected and historical land around Ft. Stevens. Might be a tough sell.

Comment

Originally posted by Wog View Post
                          Fort Steven's has been my pick all along. They have room there for multiple courses with huge variety.
                          Tillamook Blimp Base.............all the land behind the hangers......up and over the hill is not used. (other than elk) I believe they have something like 500 acres back there.

Bob

Comment

I've always thought that the land around airports would be perfect disc golf habitat.
                            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I've always thought that the land around airports would be perfect disc golf habitat.
                              The land is owned by the Port of Tillamook. They had plans back around 2001 to develop the land down in the flats for a ball golf course, hotel and the whole 9 yards. As long as I can remember nothing has ever been done on the land behind the Blimp Hanger/s but there are roads up there and power lines run through there so there IS access. I believe looking at Google Earth there is/are ponds up there. There is I believe an RV park down near the airport and it sure wouldn't be hard to create one up on the hill. My dream would be for two 18 hole courses and camp ground.

Bob

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X