X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://drop.io/lcdgc2010/asset/dg-gr...ning-flyer-pdf

Check out the flyer and dignitaries that have been invited/tentatively accepted to join us for the grand opening ceremony!

Comment

Originally posted by Wog View Post
      http://drop.io/lcdgc2010/asset/dg-gr...ning-flyer-pdf

Check out the flyer and dignitaries that have been invited/tentatively accepted to join us for the grand opening ceremony!
      Wow, that's pretty cool. Maybe Betsy Johnson is trying to grab some of the disc golfer voting bloc from Bob Horning?
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

It's sad to think that many Oregon disc golfers have become Republicans by default. Enjoy all your new nuclear power plants (before they've cleaned up the old one {and charged YOU for it}). Don't forget to remain cognizant.
        The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
        ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

I didn't see my name on the flyer with all the other dignitaries, so I just figured I wasn't invited, I can only hope I am remembered for the next course. I know I couldn't make it yesterday because I had to sign autographs at Fred myers in bliss Idaho. But please keep me in mind for I will draw more people than the other dignitaries.

Comment

So, how did the Grand Opening go?
            The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
            ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
              It was a great turnout, beautiful weather, new holes to play. What more can you ask? Lots of families and kids out. Burgers and dogs were first-rate. There were three sets of clinics for the newbies, and there was good participation. A significant number of people playing for the first time. There was a doubles tournament pairing beginners with experienced people. There were enough experienced people that some of them had to be moved to the beginners level. There were 24 people total playing in the tournament. Chris Graham and Chris Brow took first by a stroke, and second and third came down to a throw off on the marsh hole.

Oh, and I guess Bob Horning had the same thought about Betsy. He was out there, and made a speech about the growth of disc golf.

Comment

Thanks to those of you that made the trip down to the coast to support this event. It was fun to see the local dignitaries throw a disc (for the first time) as they played hole 1. I'm pretty sure Bob H. could beat her on the disc golf course, but she seems pretty well loved down in Astoria. Good luck Bob.

The final scores for the dignitary exhibition hole was:

Ford Family Foundation Board member (Ron Parker?) - 3
                Astoria Mayor Willis Van Dusen - 4
                Betsy Johnson - 6

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                  5 Photos from the "Daily Astorian"

http://www.dailyastorian.com/main.as...rticleID=74197

Comment

Oh, and Stumptown Sold over $200 in discs and swag to locals to get them started, thanks to my wife who sat at the Stumptown Booth all day enjoying the sun!

Comment

Daily Astorian Article

And the local paper said...

Comment

There's such a thing as a "holly orchard"? Isn't that like an "English ivy farm" or a "dandelion plantation"?
                        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                          There's such a thing as a "holly orchard"? Isn't that like an "English ivy farm" or a "dandelion plantation"?
                          Selling holly boughs with berries used to be a seasonal business and these little holly orchards can be found all over the NW. And thus holly can be found all over the NW forests.

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                            The BASKET is on top!

Bob
                            That one is hard!
                            :explode:InnovaPyro:shooting::smash:

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X