Stumptown Slosh Series #2 -- Winter Solstice Open (Timber Park) - 12/20 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam View Post
    Mmmm.... lube.

OK... so there's this tournament happening at Timber in December...
    Quit trying to hijack the thread...

Comment

But winning Rec is like arguing on the internet, really...

?????????

What kind of guy woul go out and win a tourney playing Rec????
      All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
        But winning Rec is like arguing on the internet, really...

?????????

What kind of guy woul go out and win a tourney playing Rec????

The same guy who would get on the Internet and brag about it.

Comment

Internet Problems

I dorked something up on the Stumptowndg.com web site. The store still works but the main site and the forum site are TU.

http://snipurl.com/slosh2

Comment

Me too!

Originally posted by Carie CPink View Post
            Here's one thing we just received in the mail today that will be in the player's packs:

Discraft Ultra StarMini

We'll probably have a few extras. If anyone is interesting in purchasing one for the Holidays, let us know!
            I can't be at the Slosh 2 either (Family Obligations) but would love to buy 2 or 4 minis. Will you be bringing any to the December Stumptown Meeting?

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
              My question would be, though... why is a 923 player playing ADVANCED Masters? Shouldn't he be playing Intermediate?
              You take away MM1 and you're damn right I am playing MA2. My PDGA rating has been set by playing many tourneys for many years. It's pretty accurate.

Now if Mr. 823 got that rating from outdated or very few tourney rounds then it could be inaccurate. Maybe he spends 8 hours a day 7 days a week practicing. But that's some serious improvement to play in a division a minimum of 112 rating points above his. That's not some MA1 veteran wondering about playing up into Pro and playing opponents 20-30 points higher.

I got a $5 for him if he finishes in the top 50% of MA1!
              Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
              Remain ye men of faculty complete,
              Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
              Attending to our noble bond and contract?
              Or does here stand the last remaining man
              To give a fig for rules and order yet,
              No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
              Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
              Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Word. Me too! There's $10. He'll do it, I bet.
                ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Jordan, thinking about it, I don't buy it. I think you would play Advanced. Or you would play Pro Masters... or wherever Gawain played. I don't see you playing Intermediate. Jeremy John plays Advanced. I don't think you would play Intermediate because I think you would crush those guys on a regular basis.

But hell... why not do it? Tell you what... Do it next year in an ORS event and I will pay your entry in exchange for 55% of your scrip. Whaddaya say?
                  ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Nice video Sam, check this one out ... welcome the medicated generation
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUnAx...eature=related
                    educate your thinking

Comment

Hey, would you guys mind taking the ratings issue discussion to another thread or could another moderator move some posts? I don't want you guys scaring people away from my event!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzel View Post
                        I don't want you guys scaring people away from my event!!!
                        We'll leave that to your mom!

Comment

Originally posted by jevon View Post
                          We'll leave that to your mom!
                          Oh Jevon.....you so crazy! Stop trying to suck me into thread drift!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzel View Post
                            Stop trying to suck me...
                            Once again... see my previous post!

just doing my part to keep this thread on top, you know, for the tourney's sake

Comment

I am going to try and make it for this one. Been a month or two since I have been able to play but should be fun.
                              "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.Ē

Comment

When does online registration end?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X