Stumptown Slosh Series #2 -- Winter Solstice Open (Timber Park) - 12/20 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Is there an updated players list? Is the event close to filling?

    Bob

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
      Is there an updated players list? Is the event close to filling?

      Bob
      I just got the event added to the PDGA schedule. I will try to upload a player list later today. I will post a list here if that doesn't work. Registration slowed drastically last week so there are plenty of spots available.....for now.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Pizzel View Post
        I just got the event added to the PDGA schedule. I will try to upload a player list later today. I will post a list here if that doesn't work. Registration slowed drastically last week so there are plenty of spots available.....for now.
        OK....I figured how to post to the PDGA site, but now the PDGA site is down. I will try to post again before I go to bed. If I am unable to get the list loaded tonight, I will try again in the morning.

        Comment


        • #34
          An updated player list is available here: http://pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=8438. I will try and update this list at least every other day.

          Comment


          • #35
            Get' em while they're hawt!

            Originally posted by Brody Cannon View Post
            What are in the players packs?
            Here's one thing we just received in the mail today that will be in the player's packs:

            Discraft Ultra StarMini

            We'll probably have a few extras. If anyone is interesting in purchasing one for the Holidays, let us know!

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Carie CPink View Post
              Here's one thing we just received in the mail today that will be in the player's packs:

              Discraft Ultra StarMini

              We'll probably have a few extras. If anyone is interesting in purchasing one for the Holidays, let us know!
              I's like to buy a mini if I can, since I can't make the event, mandatory company Holiday party...
              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

              Comment


              • #37
                Can someone explain to me why a player with a rating of 843 signs up for MA1?!?!
                Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                Or does here stand the last remaining man
                To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Carie CPink View Post
                  Here's one thing we just received in the mail today that will be in the player's packs:

                  Discraft Ultra StarMini
                  Awesome!

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                    Can someone explain to me why a player with a rating of 843 signs up for MA1?!?!
                    What is that sound? Oooooohh I hear a can of worms being opened.......
                    I bet the TD wouldn't mind shooting the player an email just letting them know there is a super cool division (MA3) available that is more inline with their PDGA rating. You know, a gentle reminder.
                    Training to be a bagger

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by smobro View Post
                      What is that sound? Oooooohh I hear a can of worms being opened.......
                      You got that right.

                      It's a shame, too. Based on past results, it looks like Tewa would be a great addition to what I hope will be a very competitive MA3.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Perhaps the same reason I signed up for MA1 with a rating of 868 at the GNO last year? They believe they can play better than what there rating is.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                          Can someone explain to me why a player with a rating of 843 signs up for MA1?!?!
                          Having played with Tewa this weekend, I think he will do just fine. He is good player who appears to be improving rapidly. I'm confident he will benefit from playing with players who are slightly better than he is at the moment. He has a very solid putt. I was a lil jealous

                          Jeff
                          "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                            Having played with Tewa this weekend, I think he will do just fine. He is good player who appears to be improving rapidly. I'm confident he will benefit from playing with players who are slightly better than he is at the moment. He has a very solid putt. I was a lil jealous

                            Jeff
                            I got to play a round with him a few weekends ago and I would agree with everything Jeff posted. Tewa will soon be out playing his rating with a little more tournament experience.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              I think it is cute of Scott and Kent to try and make anchors out of themselves. It's one thing to hold yourself back but to try and encourage others to not try to improve their game? Wow...

                              My question would be, though... why is a 923 player playing ADVANCED Masters? Shouldn't he be playing Intermediate? And why are we not encouraging Tom Dooley to play MA3? Or David Moore to play Intermediate? Why is Kim Smothers not playing Rec Women?
                              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Sam View Post
                                I think it is cute of Scott and Kent to try and make anchors out of themselves. It's one thing to hold yourself back but to try and encourage others to not try to improve their game? Wow...
                                So Sam thinks the only way to improve your game is to play with players better than you. That's a valid argument.

                                However, Scott thinks (and I beleive Kent does to), that there is also something to be said for playing in a tight competition. Not only is it more fun (IMO), but you've got to learn how to win when the competition is tight. Ultimately I'd like to develop a killer instinct on the course - the ability to can that pressure birdie putt when my oponent just bogied. There are more opportunites to do this when the competition is tighter. Playing way over your head may also be fun, and you get to watch some real pretty golf, but in some ways your more of a spectator than a player.

                                Originally posted by Sam View Post
                                My question would be, though... why is a 923 player playing ADVANCED Masters? Shouldn't he be playing Intermediate? And why are we not encouraging Tom Dooley to play MA3? Or David Moore to play Intermediate? Why is Kim Smothers not playing Rec Women?
                                I didn't start by calling out a specific player - I just agreed with someone else's comment.

                                Go look for some of my old posts on that other forum. I've called out large groups of players for not playing within their division on many occasions. I still firmly beleive that if the PDGA divisions were allowed to work as intended we would be gifted with some very good and competitive races.

                                Comment

                                Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X