Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope Open October 2010 - October 30 - Wilamette Park

Hello friends!

It's time to start thinking about the Hope Open again!
    It will be Saturday, October 30, 2010 at Willamette Park.

This is year two for this event, some things will be the same:

-Fundraiser for the American Cancer Society
    - "Women-Friendly" Event (half of the spots will be reserved for women until 10/16)
    - One day, PDGA CEP event (no non-PDGA member fees)
    - Free Bag Tags in the players pack that you can put who you want to play in honor of.
    - "Honor Signs" $25 Tee Signs dedicated for those in our lives who have been touched by cancer. 100% of these proceeds are donated to ACS.

Some new things:

- Free Survivor shirts for those playing in the tournament who have survived cancer.
    - Halloween Doubles on Sunday
    ~ Just for fun doubles, not a fundraiser for ACS
    ~ Wear Costumes! Costume contest!

I look forward to having another great event! See you there!

I've been looking forward to this event all year. I've got to wait a couple of weeks however before I know if I will be able to play. Even if I don't play you count on a tee sign from me.

Bob

Comment

Disc Catcher Pro basket added to raffle!

Hey guys I won the Disc Catcher Pro basket in the raffle yesterday at the Eugene Celebration, and promptly donated to Shavonne for the Hope Open. Felt awesome to do this since my husband & sister are cancer surviors. If you want a chance at winning this awesome basket then I suggest you sign up for the Hope Open, and support a great cause while playing in a super fun tournament. Who can say that they have not been touched by this disease be it family, friend, or personally.

http://store.northwestsignup.com/ind...q9ngs1j8a4p5s3

Cindy
      Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
      2013 Chick Flick co-TD
      Stumptown #176
      PDGA #37716

Comment

i'd like to give a big thanks and shout out to shavonne on behalf of genevieve beecher for donating an enormous stack of hope open discs for vieve's global disc golf event that she is running down at the u of o for international students and their host families this coming weekend (and everyone else who donated, too, of course... vieve went home with waaaaayyy more discs than she expected)... very cool to see so much support from the disc golf community... plus the discs look beautiful...

... i'm very excited to register for this event... i know the costume contest is the next day... but i believe in costumes and will certainly be playing in one... golf in a tutu... all my dreams are coming true!!!

peace threw disc golf,
        emmarose
        "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
        Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Awesome Cause.

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
          i'd like to give a big thanks and shout out to shavonne on behalf of genevieve beecher for donating an enormous stack of hope open discs for vieve's global disc golf event that she is running down at the u of o for international students and their host families this coming weekend (and everyone else who donated, too, of course... vieve went home with waaaaayyy more discs than she expected)... very cool to see so much support from the disc golf community... plus the discs look beautiful...

... i'm very excited to register for this event... i know the costume contest is the next day... but i believe in costumes and will certainly be playing in one... golf in a tutu... all my dreams are coming true!!!

peace threw disc golf,
          emmarose
          If I can get time off... Tee sign if not. Both if I'm there.
          FORE! Youth 2011 http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournam...RE_Youth_2011/

Comment

OTH Bob gave Shavonne the money yesterday for entry and tee sign. Can't wait to play this event and support such an important cause. If you aren't signed up do so promptly and lets show everyone how the disc golf community can pull together for those in need.

Bob

Comment

Wow! I get online to go and brag about Cindy's generous donation of a METAL BASKET to the Hope Open raffle, and there's already people posting stuff on here about it!

Thank you guys!

As of right now, I have two people officially signed up for the Hope Open, with a lot of people planning on signing up! Let's fill the event and raise some money for the American Cancer Society!!

(By the way, the two that have signed up are men, so there are only 38 more spots for you guys until that 2 week mark! And ladies, don't take your time either!!)

Comment

Originally posted by shavonne View Post
                Wow! I get online to go and brag about Cindy's generous donation of a METAL BASKET to the Hope Open raffle, and there's already people posting stuff on here about it!

Thank you guys!

As of right now, I have two people officially signed up for the Hope Open, with a lot of people planning on signing up! Let's fill the event and raise some money for the American Cancer Society!!

(By the way, the two that have signed up are men, so there are only 38 more spots for you guys until that 2 week mark! And ladies, don't take your time either!!)
                If you aren't signed up YET, I'd get right on it. This is starting to gain momentum. Not only is this a sanctioned, fun tournament, it is to raise money for the American Cancer Society. If cancer has not touched your life in any way yet, it will! If not you, a friend, a family member, somebody you know and love will be affected by this disease. We as a community (a disc golf community) have an opportunity to do our part and help the ACS. Don't make this about a win/a trophy/great payout..........don't make it about you or me........make this about supporting the American Cancer Society.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                  If you aren't signed up YET, I'd get right on it. This is starting to gain momentum. Not only is this a sanctioned, fun tournament, it is to raise money for the American Cancer Society. If cancer has not touched your life in any way yet, it will! If not you, a friend, a family member, somebody you know and love will be affected by this disease. We as a community (a disc golf community) have an opportunity to do our part and help the ACS. Don't make this about a win/a trophy/great payout..........don't make it about you or me........make this about supporting the American Cancer Society.

Bob

... i'd like to make it just a liiittle bit about me, if that's okay, bob...

peace,
                  em
                  "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                  Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                    ... i'd like to make it just a liiittle bit about me, if that's okay, bob...

peace,
                    em
                    You have been touched............of course it's about you.

Bob

Comment

Still room? I'm 90% in.
                      FORE! Youth 2011 http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournam...RE_Youth_2011/

Comment

Originally posted by Rakoz View Post
                        Still room? I'm 90% in.
                        Pretty sure there is still room.

Bob

Comment

Is doubles on Sunday BYOP or random draw? Thanks for bringing this one back...I've been looking forward to it all year!

Comment

Originally posted by overstable, underthrown View Post
                            Is doubles on Sunday BYOP or random draw? Thanks for bringing this one back...I've been looking forward to it all year!
                            Halloween doubles are BYOP. Special prize to the team with the best costume

Comment

Originally posted by Rakoz View Post
                              Still room? I'm 90% in.
                              Definitely still room, but sign up soon!!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X