X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.O.W.S #15

Sooooo........I know it may be a little early, but i am excited. Is there any info about SOWS this year to satisfy my hunger?? (Yose?)

Schedule please.

Comment

SOWS info

Originally posted by MOB47 View Post
      Sooooo........I know it may be a little early, but i am excited. Is there any info about SOWS this year to satisfy my hunger?? (Yose?)
      The schedule is 90% complete.
      Team/express golf > 10/23 & 24
      Oh, there will be a stone with rules written on them regarding express.
      #1 rule is your team has to be from the same area/town.
      Examples:
      Roseburg
      Medford
      Grants Pass
      Eugene???????
      Coos Bay
      Stay tuned.
      Jesse, call me if you want.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
        Oh, there will be a stone with rules written on them regarding express.
        #1 rule is your team has to be from the same area/town.
        guess the roseburg/coos bay team that won last year wont be coming back. not on the same team anyways lol

Comment

unwritten rule

Last year was the only year a team entered with mixed towns and it was because the rules weren't clear enough.
          Hence the stone.
          For more than a decade it's been about city/town braggin' rights more than just ringing a win.
          I'm just wunderin' which Roseburg team will win it?
          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
          - Anonymous

Comment

I likes me some stone written rules. What do we think about some of the other details? I spoke w/ Zaq and there was a little talk of how many per team. I think 10 per will make it hard for Meddy or Coos to get a team together. Gabe is going to have a week old baby so right now its just me, JB, and aaron. I haven't spoke with Dricks in a while and can't think of any Ams off the top of my head. Its hard to form a team with no course to get golfers from. What do you guys think? Lets hear it.

Comment

Oh man cant wait for some express and some sows goodness this year. I am definatly glad the express rules are in full effect this year. Hopefully the super team didnt lose Lord Stanleys.......errrr... Lord Yosemans Cup!! Gonna be sweet to bring that bad boy back to the Ferd this year Look out Burg'ers
              /\/\ E l) F () R l) E R

Comment

So.... Is the schedule ready yet?

Comment

So word on the streets is that express is going to be 8 man teams this year. 5 pros, one adv, one am and a lady.

Hopefully we (Medford) are gonna be able to scrape 8 people up. Seems to me like some of the other towns are gonna have some issues getting that many. Not sure why the 5 man teams weve used the last few years needed to change. If its a goal to let more people play couldnt a town just make another 5 man team?

Just thinkin more peeps on a team may mean less teams this year. Maybe i wrong though. my 2 cents
                  /\/\ E l) F () R l) E R

Comment

Street Corner Talkin' > Savoy Brown

Originally posted by JBizzle View Post
                    So word on the streets is that express is going to be 8 man teams this year. 5 pros, one adv, one am and a lady.

Hopefully we (Medford) are gonna be able to scrape 8 people up. Seems to me like some of the other towns are gonna have some issues getting that many. Not sure why the 5 man teams weve used the last few years needed to change. If its a goal to let more people play couldnt a town just make another 5 man team?

Just thinkin more peeps on a team may mean less teams this year. Maybe i wrong though. my 2 cents
                    Save your hair bud, it's still only discussion.
                    It's not necessarily about getting more people to play, as this is a very huge commitment. In all the 13 years we've done expresso's I've seen it work best when you have as many team members as the number of courses you play. With that said, we usually have the light and time to play 6 course's, 3 a day.
                    That way each player gets to play singles at least once.
                    Perhaps we talk it up this weekend amongst our locals and make a plan.
                    - Anonymous

Comment

Whistler's, Riverfront, Greenoak's?

Comment

Originally posted by the flogging putter View Post
                        Whistler's, Riverfront, Greenoak's?
                        Mingus, Windsor, Dunes?

Just kidding. 6 man teams works best for us down here, but I'm sure we could come up with a 8 man team all the same....can't wait for the express! And the SOWS!!!

Comment

No worries Yose. You know us Ferders will be there even if its 20 man teams. Was just tossin some discussion out there from what ive heard.

/\/\ E l) F () R l) E R

Comment

yup still got the s.o.w.s salad bowl! i will bring it and then proceed to take it home with me hopefully

Comment

rahhhhh I LOVE WINTER GOLF!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X