• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Olympics Fundraiser Singles Sunday September 5th

When : Sunday September 5th
    Where : Wortman Park McMinnville Oregon
    Why : Fundraiser for Special Olympics
    Who : All divisions. Open $40.00 Adv. $30.00 Am/Jr./Novice $20.00 This is a PDGA C-Tier event
    How : Registration is open. Register by posting of the thread. Calling Terry Shuler 503-883-9340. Or soon online on the pdga website. Or day of before 9:30 a.m..A $5.00 day of fee will be added on to the donation list. So get signed up. 72 player max field. Non-member fees do not apply. 25% of entry fee will go to Special Olympics. The $2.00 pdga fee will also come out and be donated to the Special Olympics. I will raise enough cash donations to match the $2.00 pdga fee. For example the open player would donate $12.00 of his $40.00 to Special Olympics plus $2.00 would be added to make $14.00. This will be 2 rounds of 18 holes. Playing the same course as the Saturday Doubles. Tee sign sponsers are $20.00. Raffle tickets are $1.00 each. The raffle is done by the Special Olympics. Have not been notified when that is yet. Do not need to be present to win. Me and the wife will be there for everyone who is not. Shaun K. was not present when he won his Yeager machine last year. Who will win the Yeager machine this year. Let's raise more money than last year. We have three days to do it this year. We had 19 people last year and raised close to $1000.00. I would like to double those numbers this year.
    Last edited by SMOKIN JOE; August 9th, 2010, 01:30 PM.

Terry, edit your Subject line, the date is wrong, it says Sept 6th.
    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
      Terry, edit your Subject line, the date is wrong, it says Sept 6th.
      Thank you sir.

Comment

Good job, now the post looks correct, but the thread title is still wrong. Perhaps only a moderator can fix that? A little help, please?
        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Minor Update

The * is gone from next to the c on the pdga schedule. Must have recieved payment. Hopefully on-line reg. will start soon. A few locals are on board. Our NEW STATE REP. DION said he was going to attend. He will be bringing some plastic for script. All vendors are welcome to set up shop. The Disc Golf Depot let's me write script as well. Raised a little money so far. Which is what this is all about.

Comment

Minor Update

On line reg. is open.
            Looks like the Yeager machine will be raffled Oct. 10th at Michealbrook Country Club.
            The main raffle will be at the same time.
            Me the wife and Sweede will be present to collect anybody's prise from the tickets I sell. Last year I collected the Yeager machine for Shaun K..
            Talking to the Special Olympics they said donations for the raffle are not as good this year. The main sponsor last year was Jack Daniels for the disc golf side and they have not responded this year. She said if more people sign up or if we have a big day of sign up. call and she'll get one together for after Sunday's last round.
            But as of now she will just do one at the Country Club.
            All cash donations and valued raffle prizes are tax deductable and I can give you a reciept with the tax i.d. number on it for your taxes.
            Looks like about 10 people so far.
            The course is finalized for the event and will go like this.
            We will use the regular course with a few changes plus six field holes across the street .
            Hole 1: Hole 1
            Hole 2: Hole 2
            Hole 3: Hole 3 with an island
            Hole 4: Teepad 4 to basket 8 around 450 feet
            Hole 5: Hole 20
            Hole 6: Hole 5
            Hole 7: Hole 6
            Hole 8: Hole 7
            Hole 9: First field hole. Around 450 feet. Fence right. Lots of O.B. left and in front of green.
            Hole 10: Around 425 feet. O.B. crossing fairway around 275. O.B. near pin.
            Hole 11: Around 500 feet. O.B. crossing fairway around 300. O.B. near pin.
            Hole 12: Around 600 feet. O.B. crossing fairway around 250 and 500 feet. Fence left near pin.
            Hole 13: Around 500 feet. O.B. fence left. O.B. track right. O.B. ballfield short.
            Hole 14: Around 275 feet. Island hole.
            Hole 15: Back in the park. Around 400 feet. Extended teepad 8 to basket 9 with a mando around 300 feet.
            Hole 16: Hole 10.
            Hole 17: Hole 11
            Hole 18: hole 12
            Guessing a par 58
            Last edited by SMOKIN JOE; August 19th, 2010, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Hole Sponsorship

Would like to thank a few sponsors.
              The Liquor Store for the Yeager Machine. I Have sold a few $5.00 tickets.
              Hole Sponsers so far.

Stuck Electric..........5 holes
              T.J's Super Store......2 holes
              Terry's Auto Clinic.....2 holes
              Fall Creek Logging.....2 holes
              State Farm Ins.........1 hole
              Randy Powell............2 holes
              Sumco.....................1 hole
              Omundson Funeral......1 hole
              All Spruced Up............1 hole
              A.C. Hair Design..........1 hole

Hole sponsors are $20.00.
              Collected $ 390.00 so far.
              On another note. If you happen to attend on Sunday and have a quality portable basket it might upgrade on of mine. Thank you.

Comment

Yo-
                Any pros signed-up? Thanks.

Comment

Not officially. Dion A. and Frank R. are the only open players on my list.
                  Official money collected.
                  Terry Shuler MM1
                  Jeni Shuler FW2
                  Cheyenne Shuler FJ3
                  Braden Shuler MJ4

So far we have one open division and I'm looking like the favorite.

Comment

Would like to thank Logan Miller from Santa Cruz for supporting the PDGA and signing up on-line. See ya Sunday. He is an Advanced player.

Comment

Registration

Registration will stay open till about 10:00. We will have a meeting and start after that.
                      Looks like a couple adv.masters
                      A few more adv.
                      A couple of pros
                      A couple of jr.'s.
                      A int. female.
                      The weekend rolling ace pot is at $24.00. If no one aces by the end of skins. There will be a playoff. 1/2 the money paid out 1/2 to Special Olympics.
                      Anybody paid into the ace pot over the weekend qualifies for the playoff. Don't even need to play skins to be in it. The long hole did have a few three's on it today. It's 650-675 . The next hole is a good 500 plus and played a little tough today. The best doubles scores were 47.
                      Till the morn.

Comment

Thanks for the fun event today Terry!

pro results:

Dion Arlyn - 47 - 50 - 97 1st: $84
                        Jesse Hickerson - 52 - 51 - 103 2nd: $42
                        Shawn Kirk - 54 - ? - ? 3rd
                        Ryan Gwillim - 65 - ? - ? 4th

All I can remember off the top of my head.

Oh, I did get an ace in the first round. Z Drone on regular hole 7 (tourney #8). That brings the total for that disc to: Four aces total, 1 Virgin Flight Ace, 3 Tourney Aces, all this year. All sidearms, all pretty short.
                        Team DISCRAFT
                        NW Sign Up
                        Gorilla Boy
                        Paragon Disc Golf
                        Odwalla

Comment

Results

Thanks Dion and everyone else that has thanked me this weekend. It has been a fun two days. It was great to see Ryan play and not just help run an event. Hopefully someone will join us few (3-5) locals that plan on playing some skins. All advanced. We raised $95.00 today. Plus $380.00 in hole sponsorship. With yesterday we are at $555.00 plus raffle tickets. The ball golf event is on Oct. 11. That is when the raffle is.

Open

Dion Arlyn # 24781.............47 + 50 = 97......-17.........$84.00
                          Jesse Hickerson # 42086.....52 + 51 = 103....-11..........$48.00
                          Shaun Kirk # 33030............54 + 53 = 107....-7
                          Ryan Gwillim # 24321..........65 + 56 = 121 ...+7

Advanced

Terry Shuler # 9333...........58 + 53 = 111....-3...........$68.00
                          Logan Miller # 30027..........61 + 55 = 116 ...+2...........$40.00
                          Steve Singleton................59 + 60 = 119....+5...........$30.00
                          Carl Boje # 38901..............61 + 60 = 121...+7
                          Dave Heider # 33078.........59 + 64 = 123....+9
                          Randy Winey....................65 + 70 = 135... +21

Novice

Nate Pendleton............71 + 70 = 141.......+27..........$6.00
                          Jeni Shuler # 42991......79 + 81 = 160 ......+46

Thanks everyone for a great weekend so far.
                          Skins is next.

Comment

RESULTS

Its Official
                            Team DISCRAFT
                            NW Sign Up
                            Gorilla Boy
                            Paragon Disc Golf
                            Odwalla

Comment

Thanks Dion.
                              Looks like a good score on a good course got you a good rating.
                              Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X