X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NateDizz0420 View Post
    i would very much hope the second course is not cottage grove, that goes for a lot more driving and a lot of disappointment, i vote for either all dexter or throw in alton baker
    Vote with your money! If you really think the Eugene Celebration 2010 will not be worth your entry, due to being at CG or whatever, then don't sign up!

Personally, I have played at CG before, and I am looking forward to the EC being held there, and I will be signing up, once the flyer is published.
    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
      Vote with your money! If you really think the Eugene Celebration 2010 will not be worth your entry, due to being at CG or whatever, then don't sign up!

Personally, I have played at CG before, and I am looking forward to the EC being held there, and I will be signing up, once the flyer is published.
      Yeah, what he said!

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post

I agree, it's a great choice of two courses. Even if I don't sign up to play I will certainly be there as a volunteer.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
          I agree, it's a great choice of two courses. Even if I don't sign up to play I will certainly be there as a volunteer.

Bob
          Caddy for me after I sign up
          According to Mazza I have a sissy arm

Comment

Ten minutes from Dexter? Cottage Grove course is ten minutes from Dexter?
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
              ish?

Comment

Wow. That's excellent. And a destination in the very near future. August looking like the month of Ducktown...
                ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Maybe we can get DiscVanGo down there to shuttle.

Bob

Comment

He had mentioned something about a second vehicle Monday night...
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Ten minutes by rocket. 30 - 45 for humans in a car.
                      Don't argue unless you have proof.
                      A short drive for great golf nonetheless.
                      What Mr. Treelove said.
                      Is it August 10th yet?

Comment

Wow. That's excellent. And a destination in the very near future. August looking like the month of Ducktown...
                        It's more like 30 minutes according to Google maps, if you take 58 back to I-5. You might shave a few minutes taking Cloverdale Rd. What can I say, I'm just a sunny, optimistic guy. Google maps shows 26 minutes from Dexter to Alton Baker (not that it matters, since the tournament is not being held there).

Comment

I am a little disappointed by the combo of venues. For the locals it works just fine but as someone who carpools down (with someone in the other pool) the logistics of having to break down camp, find a ride and be at at players meeting by 830, play then go back to DS for awards is a lot to ask for players driving more than 30 miles one way. I also bet if the pools work like I think they will the drive will happen twice.

But the concept of wes and Sam and jub in one division is interesting. Now all we need is ol bob to paly and it would be perfect.
                          rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post

But the concept of wes and Sam and jub in one division is interesting. Now all we need is ol bob to paly and it would be perfect.

i was thinking of the old troll Brian to round out that 4some......but a 5some would work.

ps

hi jubby
                            "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Our idea for using CG is that with a tournament looming, we can make a push to put in the final two tee-pads and otherwise spruce up the course (which is in pretty good shape right now).

We also wanted to get all the awards wrapped up by 3 PM or so on Sunday so people can hit the road at a reasonable hour.

To do this we anticipate shotgun-starting the ADV pool at CG around 8 Sunday morning and then the Pros will start with tee-times around 9 - 10 AM at Dexter.
                              This way, the ADV pool should be able to make it back to Dexter around 11 and create a pretty good gallery for the top pros.

No need to break camp early on Sunday and we will coordinate car pools as much as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim J View Post
                                Our idea for using CG is that with a tournament looming, we can make a push to put in the final two tee-pads and otherwise spruce up the course (which is in pretty good shape right now)..
                                Understandable leverage but why use event to finish project?
                                Are they still not convinced about DG?

Originally posted by Jim J View Post
                                We also wanted to get all the awards wrapped up by 3 PM or so on Sunday so people can hit the road at a reasonable hour.

To do this we anticipate shotgun-starting the ADV pool at CG around 8 Sunday morning and then the Pros will start with tee-times around 9 - 10 AM at Dexter. This way, the ADV pool should be able to make it back to Dexter around 11 and create a pretty good gallery for the top pros..
                                Sat Pools Sun Split?

Don't these two concepts contridict each other (and then add times to boot)?
                                Why not
                                Start the Open group butt crack early like 7AM Meeting (with spectators )
                                Then Ams. at like 1030 start (200 PM completed)
                                Awards ASAP after completion,

Bonus Pros who don't cash can leave really early

Or better yet
                                Have a cut (not in the traditional sense) but if you are an Open (X) number of strokes back you play in the shotgun as an Open group.

Contenders get times!

Anyway This is a must make event (imNsho)
                                Thanks for putting it on!
                                rewindb.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X