Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did the Final 9 Safari round go well? I wished I could have seen it.
    Disc golf ruined my life.

Comment

• Apparently, no one was able to see it...
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
        Apparently, no one was able to see it...
        what I did see makes me want to play those holes
        16 pad to 17 pin, oh yeah
        According to Mazza I have a sissy arm

Comment

• WooT! Southern Oregon did quite well in the rose city this weekend.
          Nice work Pina, Zaq, and Bizzle! You made us proud.

link to results here -----> http://www.pdga.com/tournament-resul...ngs=1#Advanced

Comment

• Just wanted to say thank you to Steve, Ryan, Jason, Carrie, Brian and the Next Adventure crew. I had a blast this weekend, you guys put on one hell of a good tourney and gave some fantastic food, Thanks again.
            According to Mazza I have a sissy arm

Comment

• Wow, what a weekend! If you are an am player and you were not a Pier this weekend you missed out. Watch out as this is an event that will fill instantly next time around. THANK YOU! once again to Next Adventure for doing what they do to make tournaments the best they can possibly be. Thanks to Steve and Ryan for running the best tournament I have ever been a part of. Congrats to Little Pina III for crushing all weekend and taking home that awesome and unique first place trophy. That final nine was incredible and I'm so glad I was able to be a part of it. The idea of having all the players enter into a contest for guessing the final nine scores was another thing I had never seen before and thought it was a great idea. This tournament had everything and I think people will be talking about the NAAC for some time...Thanks again!

Comment

• After throwing a personal best round on Saturday, I woke up Sunday morning with a locked up back and couldn't make the final round, but I had a great time on Saturday and hope to make it again next year.

Thanks to everyone involved for putting it on!

Comment

• What a great tournament. Steve and Ryan - you guys are really getting this down to a science. This weekend ran so smoothly. I heard lots of people talking about what a great job you guys were doing. Next Adventure- Amazing as always. Thanks for the amazing lunches, a band!, and all you guys consistently do to support disc golf.
                  I was also so happy to take home on of those amazing trophies! Honestly, one of the coolest i have ever seen.
                  The bad news- I now have zero motivation to try going pro

Comment

• What an amazing weekend!!! Seriously if you were not at Pier this past weekend for the Next Adventure Amateur Championships-NAAC then you missed one heck of a tournament:

The Players pack was the best I have ever received

The new tee signs and kiosk were amazing thanks to Next Adventure & Portland parks

Playing the shorts on Saturday was awesome & then the longs on Sunday

The food was the best ever thanks to Ian, Bryan & the Next Adventure crew

The trophies were off the hook, and I was fortunate enough to take home one of the 1st place trophies which included a digital frame with professionally taken pictures of me playing in the tournament

The players party was so awesome with live music diner & tons of schwag that was given away in an awesome ring of fire & players raffle.

The tournament ran super smooth, and stayed on schedule all weekend. Next year it will sell out quick for sure because it is one you don't want to miss for sure.

Thanks again to Next Adventure & the crew for being so super supportive of disc golf in Oregon we are so lucky to have you guys. Also thanks to Steve & Ryan of Firefly Production you guys really know how to put on an awesome event. Thanks too for the voluteers who helped out Jason Pinkle, Dan Murphy, and anyone else who pitched in. Lastly thanks to all the ladies I played with those were some of the funnest rounds I have ever played.

Cindy
                    Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                    2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                    Stumptown #176
                    PDGA #37716

Comment

• If you missed this event, you missed BIG!

Kudos to Firefly and NA for another job well done!

Comment

• Originally posted by Carie CPink View Post
                        Mad props to Zac Murphy for acing Hole 10 during the first round...will anyone else claim a share in it?

Oh, that's a $1000 worth of merchandise at Next Adventure. Holla!
                        Zac hit that in the final round on Sunday hole 10 with an eagle I think? You could hear the BANG of the chains from tourney central, and the entire place went nuts. Steve & Ryan ran over to hole 10 with with Zac's giant check to get some pictures. I think that they should have made Zac carry the giant check for the rest of the round Very cool though congrats Zac

Cindy
                        Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                        2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                        Stumptown #176
                        PDGA #37716

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
                          LOL
                          Elliott wins by 17 strokes... and would have come in tied for fifth in Advanced.

Nope. No bagging here, people. None at all.
                          MM1 1st place average round rating: 962
                          MM1 2nd place average round rating: 899

My post from Aug 24: "MM1 looks ... skewed..."

For reference: the rating above which Pros are not allowed to play MM1: 935
                          Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

• I'm curious what you want the guy to do? He's old enough to play Grand Master, obviously doesn't have a desire to play Pro, throws a maximum of 300-350', and is a all-around nice guy. Should we ban him from playing just because he has talent and muscle memory that goes back to the beginning of time? Why is it unfair to let him play in a division he is 100% qualified to play in? Should someone go Gillooly on the guy and take out a knee (he already has bad knees!)? If you need protection from good players then maybe you should consider playing in a division that you are qualified for. For reference: the maximum rating an amateur player can have and still play in intermediate is 935. A player with a rating below 900 is qualified to play in the recreational division (when offered). Does anyone think the PDGA should add an Intermediate Master division?

Congratulations Jeff, I can't think of a nicer guy to take home the trophy!
                            Last edited by Wog; August 30th, 2010, 10:12 AM. Reason: Fixed a typo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wog View Post
                              Does anyone think the PDGA should add an Intermediate Master division?

Congratulations Jeff, I can't think of a nicer guy to take home the trophy!
                              Yes, I think the PDGA should BRING BACK the Intermediate Masters division, thanks for asking.

I too am duly impressed with Jeff's accomplishments; I told him so in person at the event. Still doesn't mean he's not a sandbagger though, as I ALSO told him in person at the event!

By the way, that event looked like it was an awesome time; I wish I could have played in it!
                              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

• I say let him play. If they can't beat him then they need more practice. Back to the real topic here. I am definitely signing up next year. This tourney sounds awesome. Nice work guys!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X