X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
    Just a little correction... Firefly Disc Golf (Ryan Gwillim and Steve Carson) RUN great tourneys. Next Adventure SPONSORS great tourneys. I'm not taking anything away from Next Adventure; they're awesome. I'm Just making sure those guys get credit where its due.
    My mistake!
    but I agree

Comment

Man, I was really hoping to play this event. I know the TD's run a top notch venue and put a lot of planning into the events. Of course the Next Adventure has really stepped up to support local disc golf and all that support has helped the sport grow and get more recognized. Be lucky you live in Oregon that has such a strong DG community.

With that being said; I am still not playing in the tournament. Yep, not gonna do it, and I have a good reason why. The 28th is the same day I get MARRIED, so that takes the cake. Yep, sorry ladies I am off the marketlol. I actually can't believe it is coming up next week!!

But jokes aside, I hope a lot of people show up to this tourney and show that Oregon disc golfers have just as much love and support as the TD's, vendors and all who make competitive disc golf so much fun.

Comment

Wow... what a thread stealer...
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
          Wow... what a thread stealer...
          No kidding. Doin it in style though
          According to Mazza I have a sissy arm

Comment

Schedule on the firefly website confirmed? A pool plays the 2nd and 4th flights on saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by E-ROC View Post
              Man, I was really hoping to play this event. I know the TD's run a top notch venue and put a lot of planning into the events. Of course the Next Adventure has really stepped up to support local disc golf and all that support has helped the sport grow and get more recognized. Be lucky you live in Oregon that has such a strong DG community.

With that being said; I am still not playing in the tournament. Yep, not gonna do it, and I have a good reason why. The 28th is the same day I get MARRIED, so that takes the cake. Yep, sorry ladies I am off the marketlol. I actually can't believe it is coming up next week!!

But jokes aside, I hope a lot of people show up to this tourney and show that Oregon disc golfers have just as much love and support as the TD's, vendors and all who make competitive disc golf so much fun.

And now we know who's taking home the trophy!
              Congrats!

Bob

Comment

Official!

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                Schedule on the firefly website confirmed? A pool plays the 2nd and 4th flights on saturday?
                It is OFFICIAL - Pool B is for Intermediate players (MA2), Pool A is for Advanced players (MA1, MM1, & FW1)

Steve

Comment

trying.to.resist.can't.help.it

I imagine that there are still spots open for this event...
                  ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I imagine that there are still spots open for this event...
                    Registration closes at 7 p.m. Thursday night (8/25). Last minute registrations can be made online or in person at Next Adventure.
                    • Every player is eligible for the $1,000 Ace Pot
                    • Every player gets free lunch and dinner on Sunday
                    • Every player gets 5 free raffle tickets for the player's raffle
                    • Every player gets a players pack valued at $139
                    • Total payout in the form of Next Adventure scrip depends on actual number of players and is being doubled by Next Adventure!

Comment

So you will absolutely do no day-of registration? That will probably help me to rest my arm.
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

So you will absolutely do no day-of registration? That will probably help me to rest my arm.
                        There WILL BE NO "day of" registration for the NAAC.

Comment

OK, OK. Sheesh...

~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

OK, OK. Sheesh...
                            At least I refrained from all caps and multiple exclamation marks.

Comment

Will scrip be awarded to top finishing Intermediates? MM1 looks small, and skewed. MA2 looks deep, and balanced. Would finishing, say, 5th in an MA2 field of 50 players possibly yield MORE scrip than finishing say, 3rd in an MM1 field of only 9 players? How would that payout play out? Are there more trophies for deeper fields (i.e. 1st through 3rd for MA1 and MA2, but 1st only in smaller divisions)? Are there player caps on individual pools? Would division change requests incur the TD's wrath? Thank you, Smokin' Joe, and me.
                              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Scrip will be awarded to at least the top 40% of each division. Larger divisions will pay closer to 50%, smaller divisions closer to 40%.

Looking at the proposed numbers from the PDGA formulas 5th in MA2 would pay $75 and 3rd in MM1 would pay $55. However, first place for MM1 and MA2 currently pay the same.

There are EXACTLY 3 trophies for each division. (The trophies are amazing for this event. It is hard to describe, but let me just say, batteries are included!)

The cap for each pool is 64.

Wrath...doubtful...Bad Karma...maybe!

Personally, I hope to see a few more in the MM1 field, not less.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X