Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just signed up.

Comment

It'd be nice to hear more about the details of this before I take $75 out of my wallet. Registration list? What level of PDGA event is it?

Someone, please?

Comment

Nevermind.
        http://www.pdga.com/event?TournID=10176

Comment

Originally posted by johnny lamotte View Post
          is it full or can i still sign up?
          just signed up

Comment

Now with even more discs!!!!

August 28-29, 2010
            Advanced & Intermediate Divisions
            Pier Park - Portland, Oregon
            $1,000 Ace Pot
            $75 Registration
            HUGE Player's Pack
            Includes:

* Four (4) Discs (2 Innova & 2 Discraft)
            * Mountain Hardware - Dri-Fit Tournament Shirt
            * Custom Fade "Crunch" Disc Golf Bag
            * More...

Estimated retail value of player's pack over $80

Online Registration AT http://bit.ly/NAAC2010

Please consider anything posted at http://fireflydiscgolf.com/NAAC2010 as official. There is also information on http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournam...mpionship_2010

Comment

So a quick question for the upcoming event. I am a new player, just started in May. The tournament sounds like a lot of fun but I am concerned that my skill level would be too low for the AM intermediate level. Would this be an issue? I don't care if I finish dead last but I don't want to hold up the play. I have played Pier once and averaged 4s and 5s on the holes. Sorry for the newbie question but I don't want to sign up and be a drag on the play.

Comment

Originally posted by Etherag View Post
                So a quick question for the upcoming event. I am a new player, just started in May. The tournament sounds like a lot of fun but I am concerned that my skill level would be too low for the AM intermediate level. Would this be an issue? I don't care if I finish dead last but I don't want to hold up the play. I have played Pier once and averaged 4s and 5s on the holes. Sorry for the newbie question but I don't want to sign up and be a drag on the play.
                Welcome to the sport and the site Etherag! No worries about the skill level brother. It is not uncommon for a beginner to sign up for a tournament, and it in no way negatively affects the play. I highly recommend you sign up and enjoy what is sure to be an awesome tournament! Hope to see you out there.

Zaq Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Etherag View Post
                  ... I am a new player...Would this be an issue?
                  It sounds like you are concerned about all the right things, thus qualified to play in the tournament. I estimate intermediates will be throwing more 4s than 3s at the tournament, although the winner of that division will probably be someone that throws a few more 3s than 4s. 5s definitely aren't out of the question at Pier. If you do have a bad hole and you end up having to take a couple extra throws, just don't get mad, make a scene and take too long to recover and throw your next shot. Be courteous and brush off the bad throw(s) and you'll fit right in!

Comment

Will someone please tell me what 4 discs we have choices of? How many out of the 4 are dx/pro D as opposed to star/champion/esp/elite Z...And if anyone knows what models are available, let me know please.
                    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by whslaxplayer11 View Post
                      ...How many out of the 4 are dx/pro D as opposed to star/champion/esp/elite Z...
                      Player's Pack Discs:
                      • 1 Z Nuke
                      • 1 Star Katana
                      • 1 Roc or Aviar (DX)
                      • 1 Buzz or Soft Magnet (Pro-D)
                      • 1 UV Innovation mini (for the first 90 to sign up for the event)

This is official from TD
                      Last edited by Wog; August 19th, 2010, 02:33 PM. Reason: Updated disc choice.

Comment

Are there any spots left? I see 72 signed up on PDGA but I wasn't sure if there are two pools or one.

Comment

Originally posted by ahukingacehole View Post
                          Are there any spots left? I see 72 signed up on PDGA but I wasn't sure if there are two pools or one.
                          I'm guessing... since the post right above yours mentions a UV Innovation mini for the first 90 people who sign up, they might be accepting more than 72 people. This is just a theory of mine though.
                          "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

You can always find the latest information on http://www.fireflydiscgolf.com

By the way the retail value of the player's pack is now over $135

In addition to the discs and mini, the player's pack includes the dri-fit shirt, fade bag, a huk lab patch, and an etched pint glass.

For those of you struggling to sign up online, starting Monday Next Adventure will take your CASH for registrations in store.

Next Adventure is also paying for permanent tee signs at Pier and an information kiosk as a way to make a permanent improvement to the park.

Comment

I hope this is going to be ran as well as the bad monkey! NA runs a good tourney.
                              Anyone intersted in trading?! (I don't really throw innova )

Comment

Originally posted by Juice240 View Post
                                I hope this is going to be ran as well as the bad monkey! NA runs a good tourney.
                                Anyone intersted in trading?! (I don't really throw innova )
                                Just a little correction... Firefly Disc Golf (Ryan Gwillim and Steve Carson) RUN great tourneys. Next Adventure SPONSORS great tourneys. I'm not taking anything away from Next Adventure; they're awesome. I'm Just making sure those guys get credit where its due.
                                "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X