X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
    So when Next Adventure (really describes their business model, just needs Your at the beginning).

Do they take new as well as used?
    If New then at what price do they pay you? Wholesale? Retail? (Retail, yeah right!)

This leads me to two important questions

How does it make you fell when
    Winnings were valued at one price but returnable for a lesser value?

Then how would you feel
    If you saw that same disc back on the shelves marked up to retail again?

Side question
    Does this practice not contradict the concept of "Amateur" status?

Basically, All you are doing is giving the mark up to two different entities and you walk with cash. Exactly like the AM TD (who places) really CASHES IN by excepting his own scrip.
    Jub, don't you ever get tired of unfounded bashing? Why don't you run your own AM tournament, and win, and pocket your own scrip in cash? When you popped off in that other thread, you were so nonsensical, that no none even bothered to respond. You know I love you, but lay off the Psycho Kool Aid, will ya?

One of the few upsides of a free market capitalist economy is that consumers can vote with their dollars. If you think the NA Am Championship is such a ripoff, then don't register.

Wow, do I feel my first banning coming on? I love to drink and post!

Seriously, Jub, your targets are WAY off the mark! Dude, the (ex-)OR series events, Stumptown events, Whistler's Bend events, Milo events, all ROCK! No one is getting ripped off, it is easy to see. Why don't you pick on some truly BAD tournaments, like the ones where the money OBVIOUSLY does not add up, like those rigged turkey raffles, pathetic northern PDGA events with no leaderboard, no tee signs, and no maps, herbal tournaments where players are promised player packs and then given NOTHING, etc. COME ON, GET REAL! I am starting to think that whatever you say, the opposite is true!

Take it from me, I have been to hundreds of tournaments (no shit), and I can tell a ripoff from a good deal a mile away. Perhaps you can not.
    Last edited by TreeLove; July 16th, 2010, 05:48 AM. Reason: Profanity, Sobriety
    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

If Treelove gets banned...does the calendar get banned too?
      Huh...I didn't even see that tree.
      PDGA #37890
      Stumptown #157
      ODW TDG 10-11
      3C&D TDG 09-10

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
        Dude, the (ex-)OR series events, Stumptown events, Whistler's Bend events, Milo events, all ROCK! No one is getting ripped off, a 5th grader could figure that out. Why don't you pick on some SHITTY tournaments, like the ones where the money OBVIOUSLY does not add up, like those rigged turkey raffles, pathetic northern PDGA events with no leaderboard, no tee signs, and no maps, herbal tournaments where players are promised player packs and then given NOTHING, etc.
        Maybe this is reason we have waiting lists for Oregon tournaments while others are pining (ei: beggin/whining) for more pros to sign up.

I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

Comment

Is the flyer up?
          Not PDGA?
          When I starting seeing all Next Adventure was doing for disc golf in the PNW, particularly their involvement in great tournaments and Stumptown I started buying my plastic and gear there. They are both smart and generous and that wins my support.
          I also love how conveniently located they are, their predictable hours and friendly staff.
          On the other hand, I also love where Jub is located, as well as his predictability.
          PLEASE don't ban Treelove or the calendar. This is all undoubtedly my fault.

Comment

TreeLove said nothing that I could see that would even get him a warning, let alone a banning.

The only tournament I ever did with NA involved (because I live 4 hours North) was at Mt. Adams for the WBDGW this year and they seemed to be on the ball and had tons of CTP's as well as an awesome ring of fire with excellent prizes and a very well run tournament. They don't strike me as being shady or trying to rip people off; it seems like just the opposite and any person or business doing great things for disc golf anywhere needs to be praised. Good luck with the tournament everyone, have fun.
            Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I think NA is awesome for what they do for disc golf! Way to go!

I think treelove should be banned because he was drinking and typing. I would never do that.....doh! too late.

I think Jub should explain what this means..."and the euphonium of bumping up just reiterates the point"
              A euphonium is a brass musical instrument similar to a small tuba. Are people playing tubas in the Oregon Tourneys? Wouldn't the noise be a courtesy violation?

Comment

Originally posted by D-Walk View Post
                If Treelove gets banned...does the calendar get banned too?
                Everybody must get banned!

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                Or does here stand the last remaining man
                To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post
                  I think Jub should explain what this means..."and the euphonium of bumping up just reiterates the point"
                  A euphonium is a brass musical instrument similar to a small tuba. Are people playing tubas in the Oregon Tourneys? Wouldn't the noise be a courtesy violation?
                  If there was an Olympic event of funny shit, this would win the prettiest colored medal. Purple, I think.

I am so getting a euphonium for bumping up and restating my points. Especially during tournament play. When you say small tuba, though... will I need another caddy for that or will the one I currently employ be able to attach it to my bag, somehow?
                  ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                    Bagger.
                    YEAH! What he said.....

Oh and by the way...

DODGERS SUCK, DODGERS SUCK, DODGERS SUCK

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                      I am so getting a euphonium for bumping up and restating my points. Especially during tournament play. When you say small tuba, though... will I need another caddy for that or will the one I currently employ be able to attach it to my bag, somehow?
                      Well when I started playing that instrument in 5th grade the case was bigger then I was...so I just put it on top of my skateboard and rode the thing to school and back...
                      Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                      Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                      Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                      Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                      Or does here stand the last remaining man
                      To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                      No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                      Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                      Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Any idea on how many are registered for this event? After my abysmal performance I would love some Pier Park retribution...and the 1000$ ace pot sounds pretty enticing. I am thinking the winged blood sucking demons might be a little more manageable in another month as well...hmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                          The only tournament I ever did with NA involved (because I live 4 hours North) was at Mt. Adams for the WBDGW this year and they seemed to be on the ball and had tons of CTP's as well as an awesome ring of fire with excellent prizes and a very well run tournament.
                          The beauty of this is that it wasn't even a Next Adventure tourney. NA's just cool like that and sent up a player with a bunch of stuff to help make a great even even better!
                          Jub- you should come play a NA tounament or check out their store. I don't think there's a way to not like them and be happy they're involved in our lovely DG community. Unless you carve your own discs and I'm just not aware of this skill.

Comment

Just curious, on the firefly website, it says that you get 4(FOUR) discs in the players pack, but I heard that it was only three(3). Does anyone know which it'll be? Has anyone seen the registration lost yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Juice240 View Post
                              Just curious, on the firefly website, it says that you get 4(FOUR) discs in the players pack, but I heard that it was only three(3). Does anyone know which it'll be? Has anyone seen the registration lost yet?
                              is it full or can i still sign up?

Comment

Originally posted by johnny lamotte View Post
                                is it full or can i still sign up?
                                I am pretty sure it is not full, and below is the link to sign-up. This is going to be so amazing you don't want to miss it.

http://shop.nextadventure.net/na-am-championship.html

Cindy
                                Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                                2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                                Stumptown #176
                                PDGA #37716

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X