Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RonTheWhip View Post
    Not sure if everyone had heard yet or not:

6 PM - Free Clinic with local Pros Dion Arlyn, Andrew Rich and Tim Skellenger.

We will cover a variety of topics from Distance Driving, Sidearms, General Accuracy and Putting.
    Dion, Andrew and Tim: Thanks for that fantastic clinic- I know everyone learned a ton and we all appreciate you giving back to the DG community! Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go out to practice all the things I learned

-craig

Comment

• What a great weekend. Thanks to Jeff, Mike, Bob, and everyone who had a hand in once again making BSF an amazing tournament!

Comment

• Awesome weekend! It was great to see all the volunteers and people helping out to make the BSF such a successful and elite event. Thank you!

I'm trying to return some borrowed goods to Jeremy L. Can you help me find him?
        http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/...6884#post66884

Comment

• bsf

thanks for all your work on this event....Jeff M,Bob C,Flash...all the volunteers....you all deserve at least a round of applause for your efforts

Comment

• A great big THANK YOU to all that were involved in making the Beaver State Fling all that it is!!!

The players packs were amazing, the live scoring was an awesome surprise, the trophys were insane (thanks Drew and Suhocki I love mine!), the weather was fantastic (for 2 of the rounds...), the courses are the best in the world, everything about the BSF was amazing!

Thanks again BSF staff and volunteers!

Cant get the smile off my face,

Zaq Jones

Comment

• Hey everyone,

Man it was nice to get a good nights sleep last night. I feel much better.

Milo is a true testament to disc golf ability in my opinion, sure there are some long drives but the real challenge is the long approaches. Most holes you can not park from the tee and it is what you do on your approach shot that will determine your score on the hole. Milo levels the playing field in a lot of areas. Now if we go and throw some weather into the mix we start to test the mettle of not only the physical game but the mental game and our champions have shown their strengths.

Congratulations to the 2010 Beaver State Fling Champions:

Zaq Jones MA1
              Emma Rose Hanley FW1
              Sam Gibson MM1
              Cindy McMahan FM1
              Brad Huggins MG1
              Eugene Fackler MS1
              PDGA #25296
              Stumptown #34

Comment

• Thanks to the event staff for putting on, yet again, an awesome event! Being on the lead card after the first round and having the live scoring done was definitely a big surprise, I follow it religiously when there is an NT event and to be on the other end where people could watch me perform (although not well) was mindblowing to me. Congrats to all of the winners. Zaq--I will see YOU at the PINE JAM!
                Victorious warriors win first then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win

Comment

• such a great experience for me this weekend!!!

many thanks (too many, really) to mr. mittl and mr. mike phillips... the care you guys put into organizing this event was exceptional and the attention to the ladies was above and beyond what i was expecting... live scoring, sooooo cool!

thanks to everyone who was there this weekend making it the event that it was... all the volunteers, spectators and competitors... and most especially to all the amazing girls i got to golf with... especially T Mack and her enormous arm! holy moses, that girl can freaking throw!!! and i will never forgive myself for the confusion i caused her in the second round when she politely asked if she could have a cigarette and somehow she misunderstood me and thought i said no and she went nearly the whole round without smoking.... aaaaagh!!! i feel like such a jerk about that, still... thank goodness we got it cleared up before the final round...

... already can't wait 'til next year!!!

peace,
                  emmarose
                  "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                  Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

• Congrats to Jeff and Mike and the core staff of the BSF. Bob and Murray(said in a British accent) ------all of you guys are great to be around. I had so much fun volunteering the Pro weekend and I hope you'll have me back next year. Sorry I had to leave the AM weekend ---- I didn't want to but my body told me to.

I kept up on the scores and through texts(secretly kept from the nurses trying to take my phone) from some friends so I was there in spirit. I almost came up on Sunday after I broke out of the hospital but it was sunny in Dexter and I heard it was pouring in Estacada Just sayin........

Congrats to all the winners and everyone who was part of the BSF. Job well done. Kudos to the volunteers that came out and spent hours to make it run smoothly.

Its great to part of the disc golf community especailly in the Northwest.
                    Peace and I will see all of you soon.

Rebecca
                    PDGA President

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebecca View Post
                      I kept up on the scores and through texts(secretly kept from the nurses trying to take my phone) from some friends so I was there in spirit. I almost came up on Sunday after I broke out of the hospital but it was sunny in Dexter and I heard it was pouring in Estacada Just sayin........

Rebecca
                      you are such a rebel and a bad ass, girl!!! missed you so much and don't even hardly know you... can't wait to fix that problem... thought about you lots during the weekend... glad you broke out of the hospital... i'll let you know when i'm headin' down south... you can't get out of playin' with me forever, lady!!!

peace and love,
                      emmarose
                      "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                      Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebecca View Post
                        Congrats to Jeff and Mike and the core staff of the BSF. Bob and Murray(said in a British accent) ------all of you guys are great to be around. I had so much fun volunteering the Pro weekend and I hope you'll have me back next year. Sorry I had to leave the AM weekend ---- I didn't want to but my body told me to.

Congrats to all the winners and everyone who was part of the BSF. Job well done. Kudos to the volunteers that came out and spent hours to make it run smoothly.

Its great to part of the disc golf community especailly in the Northwest.
                        Peace and I will see all of you soon.

Rebecca

That's all a great cover story for getting me off the hook for caddying in the rain. Thank you for that.

You were such a great addition to the staff that there is no way you can get out of it next year.

Thank you for your help.

Bob

Comment

• Thanks to Stumptown, Next Adventure,Keen and the rest of the sponsors, JEFF, MIKE, BOB, and awesome BSF staff, and the volunteers and most of important: Players!! BSF rocks!! Rebecca, we missed seeing you and get well soon to play with us the ladies again.
                          PDGA 38506
                          ODDGA 27
                          DDGA 176
                          2012 Beaver State Fling Women ADV Master

Comment

• WOW what an awesome two looooooooooong weekends The pro weekend I spent most of my time in the Next Adventure booth one good thing about that is everyone has to come by tournament central at some point, so I got to see just about everyone. Gave away lots of NA t-shirts & stickers, and also talked to a lot of ladies about the Chick Flick. I also got to watch the final hole of both the ladies and mens open divsions. The raffle was awesome Rebecca did an amazing job with that. What an awesome event

The Amateur weekend was just as awesome plus I finally got to play YAY Saturday was perfect, and well Sunday we got a taste of what the pros had to deal with on their Friday round very wet. Thanks to my caddy Shawn on Sunday she was awesome Had a great time playing with the advanced masters ladies you guys rock. I am very honored to be BSF advanced masters women champion for the 2nd year in a row. The trophies are so awesome Mike did an amazing job with the zuglas, and Andrew rocked out the base.

I would like to thank Jeff, Mike, Bob, and all the volunteers for putting on an amazing two weekends. Also a HUGE thanks goes out to Bryan and the Next Adventure crew who worked their butts off for two weekends in a row cooking up lunch Saturday & Sunday of both events plus dinner on Saturday of both weekends. Bryan also did an amazing job with the raffle on the am weekend, and Flight Team members Ryan & Celeste rocked the ring of fire. I am hornoed to be a member of the Next Adventure flight team.

Cindy
                            Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                            2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                            Stumptown #176
                            PDGA #37716

Comment

• Congrats Zach! We are all real proud of ya down here in the south. keep on rockin buddy

Comment

• Pics/Videos?

Did anyone get any photos or vids of the ams?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X