X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's My Caddy?

I'm struggling with whether or not I have to withdraw from the BSF because I hurt my back this week. The throwing motion feels okay, but bending over and weight on my back or shoulders does not. At all. This is seriously depressing, as you know if you've also been looking forward to this, the most glorious tournament in the PNW, since last year.

Obviously, the prudent thing to do is to not risk further hurting my back, but I know I will forever regret it if I don't give it a shot. If it turns out I have to withdraw, I will. So I'm looking for a caddy. The main duties are carrying my bag, and picking up my discs. I am more than happy to provide compensation in the form of cash money, discs, or beer or whatever (within reason). You may also want to do it out of the goodness of your heart, a desire to watch a mediocre MPM player struggle to stay off the bottom card, or because of our deep and lasting friendship. Yeah, yeah, ok cash or plastic.

Pm me or post here, and thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Matt B.; May 26th, 2010, 06:08 PM.

One thing I see in california more than anywhere else is the common use of joggers/strollers with big wheels being used as dg carts and I do mean common as in 30-50 percent of all players. Be nice to use one of these at Milo with the long distance. Hope you find some people to help. and take care of your back!

Comment

Will your wife let you use your new baby stroller for the weekend? Or you could pull a wagon too.

Comment

You could try leaving the bag and just playing with a few discs
        Read this ^

Comment

I like that idea - one putter, one driver. Think about all of the energy you will save.

Comment

Originally posted by DanZ View Post
            Will your wife let you use your new baby stroller for the weekend? Or you could pull a wagon too.
            Baby stroller will be occupied elsewhere, and I'd need someone to fix my little red wagon. One kind soul has offered to help though, so with that, some luck, and some medication I may get through a round or more!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
              Baby stroller will be occupied elsewhere, and I'd need someone to fix my little red wagon. One kind soul has offered to help though, so with that, some luck, and some medication I may get through a round or more!
              Huge thanks to Zaq Jones for caddying for me all four rounds!

I definitely could not have made it through the first two rounds, or played as "well" the last two rounds without his help. I was very happy to complete the tournament even though I played like a broken ass with a broken back.

I *did* birdie 1 and 2 west and get about pin high on 5 west for a somewhat obstructed 20 foot birdie putt during my last round.

Yeah, I missed it.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
              Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X