Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stumptown Slosh Series #1 - Horning's Hideout

Stumptown Slosh Series #1 - Horning's Hideout

Stumptown Slosh Series presents the inaugural...

Horning’s Hideout Open

Saturday November 15th 2008

Come join us for this PDGA Sanctioned C-Tier Disc Golf Tournament.
    The field will be limited to 72 players, so please get your entry in as soon as possible.

Entry Fees:
    All Pro Divisions: $40
    All Amateur Divisions: $30
    (Recreational, Intermediate, Advanced)
    (Price includes Horning’s Hideout Daily Fee & Ace Pot)
    Note: Non-PDGA Members will be charged an additional $5

You MUST pre-register for this event at www.stumptowndg.com or by sending a check payable to Stumptown Disc Golf to:

Stumptown Disc Golf
    2830 SW Custer St.
    Portland, OR 97219

Player check-in begins @ 8:00
    Player’s Meeting @ 9:00 am, Tee off @ 9:30

Driving Directions:

From Portland: Take Highway 26 West approximately 15 miles to the North Plains/Glencoe Road Exit 57. Turn right (North) from the exit onto Glencoe Road. Take Glencoe Rd. approximately 1.5 miles to a left fork that is Pumpkin Ridge Road. Follow Pumpkin Ridge Rd. for 5 miles to Brunswick Canyon Road, which is an easy to miss gravel road on the right. Follow Brunswick Canyon Road down, down, down into the canyon.

We will have online registration up shortly so keep an eye on the SDG website.
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
    Stumptown Slosh Series #1 - Horning's Hideout

Stumptown Slosh Series presents the inaugural...

Horning’s Hideout Open

Saturday November 15th 2008

Come join us for this PDGA Sanctioned C-Tier Disc Golf Tournament.
    The field will be limited to 72 players, so please get your entry in as soon as possible.

Entry Fees:
    All Pro Divisions: $40
    All Amateur Divisions: $30
    (Recreational, Intermediate, Advanced)
    (Price includes Horning’s Hideout Daily Fee & Ace Pot)
    Note: Non-PDGA Members will be charged an additional $5

You MUST pre-register for this event at www.stumptowndg.com or by sending a check payable to Stumptown Disc Golf to:

Stumptown Disc Golf
    2830 SW Custer St.
    Portland, OR 97219

Player check-in begins @ 8:00
    Player’s Meeting @ 9:00 am, Tee off @ 9:30

Driving Directions:

From Portland: Take Highway 26 West approximately 15 miles to the North Plains/Glencoe Road Exit 57. Turn right (North) from the exit onto Glencoe Road. Take Glencoe Rd. approximately 1.5 miles to a left fork that is Pumpkin Ridge Road. Follow Pumpkin Ridge Rd. for 5 miles to Brunswick Canyon Road, which is an easy to miss gravel road on the right. Follow Brunswick Canyon Road down, down, down into the canyon.

We will have online registration up shortly so keep an eye on the SDG website.
    Will there be player's packs?
    Or is this a fundraiser?
    Or is all money going to payout?

Thanks, Stumptown! This sounds awesome. I'm very that I won't be able to make it.

Comment

Hey Jeff,

Are you going to bring in portable baskets or use the permanents.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
        Will there be player's packs?
        Or is this a fundraiser?
        Or is all money going to payout?

Thanks, Stumptown! This sounds awesome. I'm very that I won't be able to make it.
        This is NOT a fundraiser and yes there will be a players pack. Exactly what that will include is yet to be determined.
        "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzel View Post
          Hey Jeff,

Are you going to bring in portable baskets or use the permanents.
          We are using the baskets as is. In other words, sacrifice an XD that morning to the putter gods and hope it works to prevent the blow-throughs.

Comment

It has come to my attention that the PDGA is now charging $10 for non-members. My apologies for the error in the first post.

Jeff

Comment

We are using the baskets as is. In other words, sacrifice an XD that morning to the putter gods and hope it works to prevent the blow-throughs.
              Blasphemy!!! I would rather cut off a finger than sacrifice an XD!

Comment

Quick question to Jeff or anyone: Do baskets have to meet specific standards to be used in PDGA sanctioned events? If so, do the baskets at Hornings meet these standards?

Spanks!

Comment

I talked with Bob when the course first went in, and he said he went off of PDGA guidelines when the baskets were designed.
                  All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

In order to be sanctioned the baskets have to be sanctioned, not just meet specifications, this normally means sending one in to be checked for approval. They might be willing to approve them based upon measurements and photos, but I don't know. I bet magilla could find out.

Comment

What's in the players pack?

Comment

Originally posted by Micah View Post
                        In order to be sanctioned the baskets have to be sanctioned, not just meet specifications, this normally means sending one in to be checked for approval. They might be willing to approve them based upon measurements and photos, but I don't know. I bet magilla could find out.
                        Asking for "XC Tier" instead of "C" would probably cover the "alternative" targets..
                        Simple solution..........

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
                          Asking for "XC Tier" instead of "C" would probably cover the "alternative" targets..
                          Simple solution..........

An XC Tier does not get ratings. I don't think that is a good solution.

Comment

Originally posted by gwillim View Post
                            An XC Tier does not get ratings. I don't think that is a good solution.
                            Why would you think that XC designation would not get the rounds rated??

Only "alternate" format "X" events dont get rated such as match play or doubles.

Type of target shouldnt matter......as long as it meets the "standard" for a target. "Tone Poles" would be in the same situation.
                            Regardless, I would think that an email or phone call to Addie or Carolyn at the PDGA would get you a satisfactory result in the end.

Comment

Here is a link to the Stumptown store if you want to get signed up.

http://store.stumptowndg.com/

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X