Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have gotten a 3rd place in a PDGA tourney, so even if I get 2nd place, thats an improvement, but I am going for first this weekend
    All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
      D Walk, I see you browsing this forum. whats your average at Hornings? Whats your best round?
      I have only played out there a couple of times. One singles round, and one doubles. I didn't keep score on the singles round.

This is my first PDGA event, so I am just looking forward to check it all out. It will be nice to play disc to disc with you, Bob and the others. We'll just have to let the baskets do the talking.
      Huh...I didn't even see that tree.
      PDGA #37890
      Stumptown #157
      ODW TDG 10-11
      3C&D TDG 09-10

Comment

Originally posted by D-Walk View Post
        We'll just have to let the baskets do the talking.
        Oh yeahhhhhhhhhh the baskets will be talking alright. There will be a great metallic ring everytime Troy misses a putt. This will be a fun time for sure. I always enjoy playing with Troy and anybody else for that matter. BUT................Troy bring your "A" game on Saturday cause I'm gunnin' for ya brother.

Bob

Comment

My question is is why are bob and troy in recreational when, since they have so many years of experience, not in intermediate?

Comment

Because their rating allows them to.
            Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

I thought it might be because they wanted an ego lift!!!

he he he

Comment

Originally posted by Chef View Post
                My question is is why are bob and troy in recreational when, since they have so many years of experience, not in intermediate?
                Obviously, you've never seen them throw.

Seriously, there is a misconception that "Recreational" refers to "Newer Player". Not true, not true, not true. "Recreational" (I prefer MA3) refers to someone who has a PDGA rating < 800. Bob qualifies. Troy barely qualifies, but is well within his right to play that division.

Actually, I've ranted about this quite a bit. A little bit here, but mostly on some other forum. If everyone played according to their rating (I'm talking AMS here), we would have better balance in every division, resulting in better competition.

Comment

I'm not sure if 1 1/2 yrs qualifies as "years of experience" but the learning curve has been slow. As Scott mentioned my PDGA rating does indeed make me eligible to play MA3 (rec). My PDGA rating currently is only 723 which actually makes me eligible to play Novice or MA4 but I prefer playing "UP".

Bob
                  Last edited by "Over the Hill" Bob; November 14th, 2008, 09:19 AM.

Comment

I thought Bob wanted to steel some secret recipes of mine. At least that is what Troy says!!

he he he he

Comment

I thought Bob wanted to steel some secret recipes of mine. At least that is what Troy says!!

he he he he
                      Secret recipes is a whole different story. I'm always down for stealing a good recipe or two or three. As for Troy all I'm stealing is his .

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                        As for Troy all I'm stealing is his .
                        :
                        Speaking of Trophies, they're all done! Everyone getting first place in any division is getting a custom dyed disc. All the men's trophies are hand dyed by me, and the ladies trophies are handed dyed by Chris Brow (with a little lady flair thrown in!).

Comment

I believe the cut off for MA3 is higher than 800, but not much higher. my 799 rating makes it in just fine. I know with the next ratings update I will go up a over 800 but still low enough to continue to play MA3

Comment

Troy: I think you have my cell #, if not, PM me, if no ride, I pick you up, no passengers committed yet.

Terry: Will be real cool to golf with you and all the MM1s, looks like it may be nice out, too!

Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                            Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                            Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                            Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                            Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Pm sent Gawain

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                                Troy: I think you have my cell #, if not, PM me, if no ride, I pick you up, no passengers committed yet.

Terry: Will be real cool to golf with you and all the MM1s, looks like it may be nice out, too!

MR. Treelove thanx for the feedback cant wait to share some of my luck with you peace

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X