Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Brown info

Here are directions to Sam Brown.
    Take exit 61 (Merlin) off of I-5.
    Go west on Merlin-Galice road towards Indian Mary Park.
    1.4 miles past Indian Mary, turn left on Briggs Valley road.
    Go 13 miles to Sam Brown sign, turn right, go over bridge, for 1/2 mile, turn left into campground.
    elevation > 2,000'
    no water
    plenty of firewood
    bear country (not the ones from Chicago)
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    - Anonymous

Say, Yose, for those of us trying to decide whether we have time to make an omelette or settle for cheerios Saturday morning:
    How good is Briggs Valley Rd (aka Taylor Creek, aka 25)? Should I allow half an hour for the thirteen miles?

Comment

Originally posted by Another Primate View Post
      Say, Yose, for those of us trying to decide whether we have time to make an omelette or settle for cheerios Saturday morning:
      How good is Briggs Valley Rd (aka Taylor Creek, aka 25)? Should I allow half an hour for the thirteen miles?

Sue, Briggs Valley is a paved road, if I remember right from last year . . . either that or it was a very well kept and wide gravel road, I think it was paved though.

Just watched last year's Sam Brown video, hoping to get glimpse of road . . . didn't see road in video, but did enjoy myself watching it . . . gettin' excited for Sam Brown!!! whoo hoo!

Yose, I plan on heading down there Friday in my pickup . . . you need any help or anything carried, let me know

-Derek
      new DGO.com up this week!

Comment

So what is the plan for this weekend? This being my first time to Sam Brown, I am kind of interested on what to expect and what time to show up for each day (assuming I'm not camping)? Looking forward to this weekend, thanks!

Comment

Slow Ride (Foghat)

Sue,
          Barring no snow!
          Yes, you should allow at least 30 minutes as this road is very windy and narrow.
          Now if you were to bring a camera you may want to allow a few more minutes because some of the scenery is spectacular. Some of those pullouts are there just for viewing and worth stopping. There are several waterfalls and a very beautiful Taylor Creek.
          I would go for the omelet as Saturday is more of a set up day and there are no set tee times.
          Can I order an omelet to go?
          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
          - Anonymous

Comment

activities

Originally posted by KRUPS View Post
            So what is the plan for this weekend? This being my first time to Sam Brown, I am kind of interested on what to expect and what time to show up for each day (assuming I'm not camping)? Looking forward to this weekend, thanks!
            Tony and others, I'm sorry for not explaining this more often.
            The overalls are NOT the finals, there are no finals.
            Saturday is a set up camp/course day with some fun dubs and lots of music.
            Sunday we meet @ 9 and have awards first, then we typically go out in groups based on your finish within your division. (side bets are encouraged)
            There are NO entry fees at this gig.
            I hope this helped.
            - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
              I hope this helped.
              It did, thanks Yose!

Comment

Mach III/Mini Basket throw off

This just in.......
                All those who got bag tags will be throwing for a brand new Mach III and or a mini Mach I all weekend.
                Hopefully.... a caveman will win it, take it Tom Pearce, the golfers there will claim that they're better than Innova's, and the GPDGC will buy 18 of em.
                I plan on camping by the Mach I and yes I have puhlenty of glow minis.
                - Anonymous

Comment

Sue,
                  Barring no snow!
                  Yes, you should allow at least 30 minutes as this road is very windy and narrow.
                  I would go for the omelet as Saturday is more of a set up day and there are no set tee times.
                  Can I order an omelet to go?
                  It's yours. Will be cold by the time I see you, but still good. Spinach, broccoli, cheese, mushrooms, cream cheese, onions, garlic. Yum.

Comment

Yose are you gonna set up a super nine for the 3 of us to play sunday moring, i think thats the only way its gonna work out and we want to do a tiebreak. Skins will not be used because of how differently we all play during skins

It's yours. Will be cold by the time I see you, but still good. Spinach, broccoli, cheese, mushrooms, cream cheese, onions, garlic. Yum.

Comment

Sam brown ace basket information.

DUE TO THE LIMITED AMOUNT OF BAG TAGS THAT JOSH WAS ABLE TO SELL WE ARE NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO GIVE AWAY A BASKET AS AN ACE BASKET PRIZE LIKE WE HAVE IN THE PAST. NOT TO FEAR HOWEVER...... I WILL BE RUNNING THE ACE BASKET IN A LITTLE DIFFERENT FASHION THIS YEAR.

ACE BASKET RULES.

SATURDAY MORNING WHEN WE GET THERE BETWEEN 11 AND 12 WE WILL SET UP A BASKET AT 120 FT.

TO BE ELIGABLE FOR THIS CONTEST YOU MUST PROVIDE SCOTTY OR ZAQ WITH A DISC (WORTH AT LEAST $10) OR $10 CASH.

THE GAME IS SIMPLE
                      EVERYTIME THE BASKET GETS ACED WHOEVER MADE IT MOVES IT BACK 10 FEET.

You can throw AS MANY TIMES AS YOU WANT, until all the festivities conclude for the weekend. Right before Josh does the Bag Tag drawings we will stop the ace basket, there will be a 15 minute warning for everyone to get their last throws in, this is an honor system, you can be out at 2 AM throwing sunday morning if you want, we dont care.

LAST PERSON TO ACE IT GETS ALL THE DISCS AND CASH.

Please pass this information on the anyone who does not check these forums so everyone can be prepared.

What qualifies as an acceptable disc?

New Champ or Star is what we want, however we might (MIGHT) take slightly used champ or star discs or BRAND NEW DX discs, Other things such as new shirts, disc golf towels, ect. will be accepted as long as the value reaches $10.

For questions ask Scotty or Zaq.

Originally posted by scottycb1 View Post
                      Yose are you gonna set up a super nine for the 3 of us to play sunday moring, i think thats the only way its gonna work out and we want to do a tiebreak. Skins will not be used because of how differently we all play during skins

Comment

prolly so

I could set up a nine holer for you fellers, it'd be my pleasure.
                        - Anonymous

Comment

Brand new Mach III

DUE TO THE LIMITED AMOUNT OF BAG TAGS THAT JOSH WAS ABLE TO SELL WE ARE NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO GIVE AWAY A BASKET AS AN ACE BASKET PRIZE LIKE WE HAVE IN THE PAST.
                          Actually, there will be a Mach III and Mach I mini to give away.
                          The throws will be from inside the pavilion and will be played as it always has with only those with tags throwing for the metal.
                          Hey, what if we set the mini basket on top of the big fella?
                          Also, Josh has decided that there will be NO tags sold this weekend.
                          Your other idea sounds like fun too Scott.
                          FYI we can't use the same area as last year for ace tosses as hole 18 will be where I wanted to put it originally.
                          - Anonymous

Comment

I talked to Josh, the Mach 3 will be given away in a drawing, and its my understand that we will be throwing for the Mini basket like normal.

So should not be a problem with my ace basket idea. Will everyone please call/text/email, or whatever anyone you know will be attending and tell them to bring an extra disc or extra $10 so we can make this happen and make it so the winner takes home quite of bit of stuff.

Actually, there will be a Mach III and Mach I mini to give away.
                            The throws will be from inside the pavilion and will be played as it always has with only those with tags throwing for the metal.
                            Hey, what if we set the mini basket on top of the big fella?
                            Also, Josh has decided that there will be NO tags sold this weekend.
                            Your other idea sounds like fun too Scott.
                            FYI we can't use the same area as last year for ace tosses as hole 18 will be where I wanted to put it originally.

Comment

I talked to Josh, the Mach 3 will be given away in a drawing, and its my understand that we will be throwing for the Mini basket like normal.

So should not be a problem with my ace basket idea. Will everyone please call/text/email, or whatever anyone you know will be attending and tell them to bring an extra disc or extra $10 so we can make this happen and make it so the winner takes home quite of bit of stuff.

So josh just informed that he lied to me, and the Mach 3 will be the ace basket, i will also be doing an ace basket for prizes if everyone is interested.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X