X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
    IMO.....the coolest and most memorable thing that happened at this gig was Toni Hoyman's ace on regular 17!
    I believe she said it was her first ace.

WTG Toni

Congrats what a SWEET 1st Ace
    "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Scott, put down the keyboard and get outside bro... looks like you've done nothing but hang out on the forum all day..

Comment

Originally posted by DanD View Post
        Scott, put down the keyboard and get outside bro... looks like you've done nothing but hang out on the forum all day..

4 days of playing at 's and being fat and unemployed. i am still thankful for not separating my left shoulder thursday on hole #3 at 's i think i can play with my keyboard all day....

Comment

Whistler Doubles this year was awesome. Tyler bailed me out every time like a true champ. Growing up playing at Whistlers has made me feel so at home out there. The fairways are inviting and the atmosphere can't be beat. We made some pretty ridiculous putts out there. When those are going in it can make for a very special weekend. Thanks to Yoseman for an awesome weekend. It's an honor to be the 4x Whistler Dubs Champion (with 3 different partners, Cheers,

Andrew Rich
          Pure Disc Golf .Com

ps, We made our name officially "Whiskey Pete & The Kid"
          Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

Originally posted by NWDiscer View Post
            i am still thankful for not separating my left shoulder thursday on hole #3 at 's
            Yeah that's why they built that nice new path on the right side of the fairway...so you don't slip and bust out your shoulder trying to walk straight down that slope...
            Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
            Remain ye men of faculty complete,
            Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
            Attending to our noble bond and contract?
            Or does here stand the last remaining man
            To give a fig for rules and order yet,
            No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
            Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
            Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
              Yeah that's why they built that nice new path on the right side of the fairway...so you don't slip and bust out your shoulder trying to walk straight down that slope...

new path is a relative term what with all the rain and mud over the last few months, it blended the wood chip trail into the hillside making it really hard to see. Well at least till i got to the bottom of the hill and saw it coming out from behind the tree....

nice job again this weekend.

Comment

Every great tourney has a catch phrase...

This tourney is always such a blast to attend. Last year's switch to a 3-day event caught us by surprise, and we weren't able to get the days off work. But I will say now that the 3-day format is awesome and I'd hate to see it go back.

Major Props to Josh and the crew that ran this beast. The course was in great shape, considering the amount of rain that has fallen this year, and all of the new improvements keep making this awesome course even better. I love the new tee pad on hole 5!

This game of disc golf can be such a fickle beast. Most days you do your best and you take the good with the bad and are just thankful for the ability to be out there enjoying the course and the company. And every once in a while, it all comes together for the magical round. It is even more mystifying when that round happens during a tough shot round.

Hole after hole, we ended up taking Gawain's upshot somewhere between 35' & 55' from the hole, and I just stepped up to the marker and sank the putt. I don't think that G took his putter out of his bag for the first 10 holes... It wasn't always for a birdie either, we sank some long pars and only gave back 3 bogeys the whole round while carding 7 birdies. Even old fat men can play this game every once in a while...

And while we couldn't hold off the -11 round shot by Buck Smith & Phil Ormsby to hang onto the win, second place aint that bad for a couple of Am players playing up into Pro Masters. But Buck was careless enough to let slip his secret, that he out slept me and out drank my partner. So watch out next year when I sleep even more and G pounds down the putting sauce!

This was also the first time that I camped in the group camping area. And that rude awakening started early Friday morning when someone decided that we needed to be serenaded by "I'm in a boat..." at high volume in the 6 am hour. So in response, I would shout out (at various times throughout the weekend) "I'M ON MY COT MOTHERF***ER!!" at the top of my lungs. Kinda became our theme song for the weekend...
                Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                Or does here stand the last remaining man
                To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

That was one H*LL of a weekend!!!!!!!!!! I got to play with a bunch of good dudes every round, even if one of them was a cubs fan. Great job to Andrew and Tyler. High notes for the weekend was Bo and I cashed for the 1st time at the dubs. My biggest victory was beating Jerry Miller in a drinking contest. The epic battle i had at cornhole with Brad McDougal which i also won. Only low note was when some a** hole was power vomiting outside my tent all saturday night. I didn't know some of those sound could come from a person. I hope your feeling better Devin. Well I can't wait to see yall there next year.

Peace Josh

Comment

Next year? I thought you'd be seeing us next month!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                      Next year? I thought you'd be seeing us next month!
                      You coming back for the Whistlin Disc?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X