X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Another Primate View Post
    Just a crazy idea: There are four Advanced Women teams. Move them into the Pro flight, or move us four Am Women teams into the Pro flight. That would open up four Am spaces and leave only three Pro spaces to fill.

Of course, someone would have to check with the people being moved to make sure that doesn't mess up any other plans. I'd be willing to be that someone.

Let me know. I don't watch this site while I'm at work, grin, so if you like the idea and want to set me to calling, ring me... 541.761.3969... and get me the numbers to call.
    Nice try, but have you ever been on I-5 at the 4 level interchange during rush hour....just say'n

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
      Nice try, but have you ever been on I-5 at the 4 level interchange during rush hour....just say'n

I guess that's one of those as long as it's everyone else on the I-5 interchange and you get to play a nice quick round kind of attitudes?
      Can't wait to hear the comparison of round speed with 8 ladies teams and a full flight vs 7 empty spots in the other flight.

I am getting really excited to be going down to play dubs!!! Great people, beautiful weather in the forecast, the most beautiful setting. Can't wait to see everyone there!

Oh, and as one of the adv. ladies teams, it wouldn't mess up our schedule to change flights. The adv. and pro ladies were mixed last year anyway.

Comment

DOH!

Not trying to bag on the ladies in any way.....

As a TD of over 100 events, I have found it to be a FACT that if you put a few "AM" groups (not just ladies) in with a pool of Pros.....there will be back ups........period.

Comment

There is not enough spots for 8 more womens teams in the pro flight. I also agree with Mike, there are a lot of pros who would do a lot of b*tching at the dudes that are running the dubs if we would move any ams to the pro flight.

Comment

If it will help, you can move Long & Wrong from Pro Master to Intermediate. We're rated below 935 (heck, probably below 925), and we would like to play with other teams that are in Intermediate, like Team Huck-A-Whack...
            Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
            Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
            Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
            Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
            Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

If someone could let me know the schedule of this weekend that would be great, like the tee times of the Pros on Friday specifically. I can't view the flyer with my computor. If there is any other useful information you'd like players to know, can someone perhaps write that up?

Thanks,
              D
              Team DISCRAFT
              NW Sign Up
              Gorilla Boy
              Paragon Disc Golf
              Odwalla

Comment

Schedule

Friday - 8:15 Am Players Meeting, 9am Tee off
                12noon Pro Players Meeting, 1pm Tee off

Saturday - 7:30am Pro Players Meeting, 8am Tee off
                11:30 Am Players meeting, 12noon Tee off

Sunday - 7:30am Am Players Meeting, 8am Tee off
                11:30 Pro Players meeting, 12noon Tee off

Ace Pot, Camping and Sat. Night Dinner Included in fees.

Comment

Not trying to bag on the ladies in any way.....

As a TD of over 100 events, I have found it to be a FACT that if you put a few "AM" groups (not just ladies) in with a pool of Pros.....there will be back ups........period.

My suggestion then would be for the Pro's to pick up their speed of play and not take so much time deciding which Roc they want to throw, put down their towel, and throw already.

Bob

Comment

3 bucks for ALL 4 nights

FWIW
                    Group camping has been reserved from Thursday 1:00 pm through Monday 1:00 pm.
                    I know that may be too long for some to stay at 's, but it's there if you wanna.
                    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                    - Anonymous

Comment

Thanks! Looks like I'll be coming down Friday morning!
                      Team DISCRAFT
                      NW Sign Up
                      Gorilla Boy
                      Paragon Disc Golf
                      Odwalla

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                        My suggestion then would be for the Pro's to pick up their speed of play and not take so much time deciding which Roc they want to throw, put down their towel, and throw already.

Bob

Now, that's funny.
                        Well, I hadn't even thought about speed of play when I made my suggestion, and I do agree that we'd be slower during worst shot, since Ginger will be stuck playing my griplocks, won't she... Okay, makes sense. Besides, I am hoping to caddie for Blane and he's in the pros, so I'm happier staying where I am.

Comment

Sue you make me laugh, there is officially no better person in the southern oregon disc golf scene than Sue. She does everything for everyone and is over prepared for every event. Has put up with us more than a time or two... Cant wait for dubs

Originally posted by Another Primate View Post
                          Now, that's funny.
                          Well, I hadn't even thought about speed of play when I made my suggestion, and I do agree that we'd be slower during worst shot, since Ginger will be stuck playing my griplocks, won't she... Okay, makes sense. Besides, I am hoping to caddie for Blane and he's in the pros, so I'm happier staying where I am.

Comment

Ooh! thanks, Scotty. Today's my birthday, and this post was the first one I read. The stars are aligned. I'll write your thank you card on an egg salad sammie.

Now, for the weather forecast:
                            Friday - partly cloudy, 8 49 wind 1mph; noon 61 5mph; 5 68 11mph.
                            Sat - CLEAR!, 11 65 6mph; 5 76 8mph.
                            Sun - Clear again, sweet, 11 68 5mph, 5 81 8mph.

Packing my umbrella anyway, of course, but looks like an awesome weekend. Aces will be heard across the land. Baby birds will be rescued. Guitars, harps, drums will lullaby small children to sleep. Ahhhhh.

Thanks in advance to the good folks who make this happen.

Comment

Will there be glow golf?

Comment

One more wake up i can't wait that long. I will be at whistler's before 10:00 am to start set up the course . Remember there is no camping paid tonight.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X