Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyler and I are mailing in our entry tomorrow.....What should our team name be? I meant to give it to you guys right after GNO but in all the confusion you were gone...

I can't wait to get back down to Whistler's for some Doubles action...The Doubles Shootout has always been about having fun and remembering why we all love Disc Golf...It's been many years since I've played...Judging from the field it's sure going to be a tough battle for my 4th Title...

While talking with Yoseman we discussed exploring some new possibilities at the course. Let's get together and come up with some crazy pin and tee locations.... Switching things up from past years will make it difficult to compare scores...BUT, it allows for a fresh look at possible new looks at the course for future events.

We could get really creative one day and play things backwards....Think about it....Whistler's Inversion?? Could be epic.......peACE
    Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

Originally posted by purediscgolf View Post
      Tyler and I are mailing in our entry tomorrow.....What should our team name be? I meant to give it to you guys right after GNO but in all the confusion you were gone...

I can't wait to get back down to Whistler's for some Doubles action...The Doubles Shootout has always been about having fun and remembering why we all love Disc Golf...It's been many years since I've played...Judging from the field it's sure going to be a tough battle for my 4th Title...

While talking with Yoseman we discussed exploring some new possibilities at the course. Let's get together and come up with some crazy pin and tee locations.... Switching things up from past years will make it difficult to compare scores...BUT, it allows for a fresh look at possible new looks at the course for future events.

We could get really creative one day and play things backwards....Think about it....Whistler's Inversion?? Could be epic.......peACE
      Team name for Tyler and Drew how about NOT STABLE or maybe 4th times a charm. Well i can't wait to see what kind of wicked hard course we come up with for the 1st round. Whistlers DUBS my favorite event of the year.

Comment

Tyler and I are mailing in our entry tomorrow.....What should our team name be?

Team T an A......

Team Crazy Long Hukker's

Team T.D. or D.T.

Team Mini Wood...

Team DrewLer...

Team ART-C

Team An-Ty

Team An-Tler
        "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

been there done that

We played it backwards one year for a SOWS gig and had a blast.
          Hole 12 was the top of the world shot, with the tee up behind regular tee 14.
          Some other great shots like a tee by hole 11 to 10's pin.
          !0 to 9 was pretty gnarly too.
          Hole 1's tee was by 18's green over the road to 17.
          Geeze, I forgot how cool that really was.
          Thanks Drew for the flashback.
          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
          - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by the flogging putter View Post
            Team name for Tyler and Drew how about NOT STABLE or maybe 4th times a charm. Well i can't wait to see what kind of wicked hard course we come up with for the 1st round. Whistlers DUBS my favorite event of the year.

"4th Times a Charm" will be Benny and I's team name . . . We decided that last year after lack of performance as "3rd Times a Charm" . . . lol

-Derek
            P.S. I wish that Josh would answer his PHONE! haha

Comment

Originally posted by DiscGolfOregon3 View Post
              "4th Times a Charm" will be Benny and I's team name . . . We decided that last year after lack of performance as "3rd Times a Charm" . . . lol

-Derek
              P.S. I wish that Josh would answer his PHONE! haha
              Send me your entry form and you will be on the list. I ran in to Benny yesterday and asked me if i got it yet. I will answer next time, you also call when I'm at 's or very busy.

Comment

Toby and Matt--adv team.-- team name is: Spark it & Park it.

Any suggestions on area courses to check out prior to, during, or after the tourney... we'll be driving down from Seattle, so I plan on playing Dexter for the first time on the way there or back.
                We could obviously play the course in town on tournament day, but are there any others that are close enough to 'mix in' during the tournament? If the guys that I travel with have enough time, I'd like to take a few days and play as many new courses as possible, preferably along the I-5 corridor (I've played most of the Portland area courses).
                Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
                  Toby and Matt--adv team.-- team name is: Spark it & Park it.

Any suggestions on area courses to check out prior to, during, or after the tourney... we'll be driving down from Seattle, so I plan on playing Dexter for the first time on the way there or back.
                  We could obviously play the course in town on tournament day, but are there any others that are close enough to 'mix in' during the tournament? If the guys that I travel with have enough time, I'd like to take a few days and play as many new courses as possible, preferably along the I-5 corridor (I've played most of the Portland area courses).

Pass Creek DGC, tones only currently, Exit 163, visible from the freeway . . . fair warning: lots of Water Hazard

Comment

Keizer Rapids is definitely worth a stop, and I have never been to Cottage Grove yet, but it also sounds good! Cascades Gateway is also near the freeway, easier, more open, but with water...

It's not that hard to hit Pier Park, either, and it's great...
                    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Thanks, those would all be new to me except Pier... it's looking like I'll have a few extra days to add some courses to the 'played' list.
                      Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

The amateur flight has 7 entry spots left. 2 adv men, 2 am men, 2 am women and the adv womens division is full sorry.
                        Last edited by the flogging putter; May 10th, 2010, 11:51 AM.

Comment

The amateur flight has 8 entry spots left. 2 adv men, 3 am men, 3 am women and the adv womens division is full sorry.
                          Is advanced am women combined with pro women again, or are there just am and pro divisions for women?

Comment

Originally posted by Celeste View Post
                            Is advanced am women combined with pro women again, or are there just am and pro divisions for women?
                            The Pro women are in the pro flight and the adv women are in the am flight. We have 4 Pro teams and 4 adv teams and 4 am teams as of right now.

Comment

The amateur flight has 7 entry spots left. 2 adv men, 2 am men, 2 am women and the adv womens division is full sorry.
                              5 spot now 2 adv men, 2 am men, 1 am women.
                              Last edited by the flogging putter; May 10th, 2010, 05:48 PM.

Comment

2 spots in the amateur flight left 1 am men, 1 in am women.
                                Last edited by the flogging putter; May 11th, 2010, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X