2nd Annual Brenen Jones Open - June 12, 2010 at Horning's Hideout Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Annual Brenen Jones Open - June 12, 2010 at Horning's Hideout

Test your disc golf skills and help support the American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life of Forest Grove at the 2nd Annual Brenen Jones Open on Saturday, June 12th 2010 at Horning’s Hideout.

~Bring your own partner Doubles Worst Shot starting on the highland course first round, and Best Shot on the canyon course second round.

Cost $40 per team if registered before 5/12. $50 per team for registration from 5/13-6/11. $60 per team for day of registration.

~We will also be holding a “first timer” tournament on the highland course after lunch.

Cost $20 per person for registration prior to 5/12. $25 per person 5/13-6/11. $30 per person for day of registration. This event is reserved for those who have never played, or who have just started the sport and wish to participate in a fun and relaxed event. For the beginner course, your entry fee will include 1 disc so there is no need to purchase equipment if you do not have your own.

***Schedule: Doubles ***Schedule: First Timer

Check in 8:15-9:00 Check in 11:00-11:45

Players meeting 9:00-9:15 Players meeting: Noon

First Round: 9:30 Round will start after players meeting

Lunch: 1 hour break following the first round

Second Round: Following Lunch

Prizes and closing after the final round

Ring of fire will follow closing

***Non players are welcome to attend the event as well to join in the fun and fundraising. We plan to have a 50/50 raffle, lunch activities, and Relay For Life fundraisers during breaks.

***There will be at least one food option available for purchase during the lunch break. Please bring cash for lunch and fundraisers as there is a good chance credit cards will not be accepted.

***Registration in advance is recommended, and check in will be from 8:15-9:00 am. Tournament directors can not guarantee a spot if you do not pre-register.

A food vendor will be available at the lunch time for people who want to purchase food. Our vendor will donate a portion of their proceeds to our fundraising efforts. There is no other food provided at Horning's.

For more information, e-mail tournament coordinator Tara Bohren at tleebohren@gmail.com or call Tara Bohren at 503-730-8431. Please DO NOT contact Horning's Hideout for information about this event. All event questions should be directed to the event coordinators.

http://discgolftournament.weebly.com/

Register now and save!

Event registration is heating up but there are still spots open both for the doubles worst/best disc and in the Casual players. Register and mail in your check before the event and save. Please see the website for registration information. You can contact me at ACS831@msn.com with any questions.
    Adam
    TD

Comment

Originally posted by acs831 View Post
      Event registration is heating up but there are still spots open both for the doubles worst/best disc and in the Casual players. Register and mail in your check before the event and save. Please see the website for registration information. You can contact me at ACS831@msn.com with any questions.
      Adam
      TD
      Just bumping this because it's a great event and it's coming up. Not bumping it for Horning's mind you, for this is a benefit for cancer and we are donating the course for the day and any not charging fees to those playing in the tournament. Those fees instead go to the benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Horning View Post
        Just bumping this because it's a great event and it's coming up. Not bumping it for Horning's mind you, for this is a benefit for cancer and we are donating the course for the day and any not charging fees to those playing in the tournament. Those fees instead go to the benefit.
        Way to go Bob. More money for a good cause.
        "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Thanks to the Brenen Jones Open Staff and TD, Adam for a great Tourney and a wonderful fundraiser. It was a spectacular day, great people all helping this worthy cause. I want to shout out to Bob Horning, for his generosity to donate the course for this terrific event. I'm glad I got to help The American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life of Forest Grove
          I'm also happy to have shared today's win with my amazing young disc golf partner, Tim McDill...We played true doubles team golf with -11 (45) on canyon course, but his deadly aim with his putter really was what put us over the top. Man, worst shot / tough shot doubles is HARD!

Thanks Adam, all of the volunteers for this great fundraiser! We'll be back next year.

-craig nielsen
          Last edited by Fridgecat; June 12th, 2010, 07:14 PM.

Comment

I heard two of the "crazy 18" guys took 2nd or 3rd. Way to represent!!!
            All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X