2010 Beaver State Fling NT May 28, 29, 30/Super tour June 5, 6 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Group campgrounds can be reserved for $75.00/night
    Private sites are $20.00/night
    "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

Do you have to be a PDGA member to play in the Super Tour BSF? Inquiring for another friend.

Cindy
      Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
      2013 Chick Flick co-TD
      Stumptown #176
      PDGA #37716

Comment

must be pdga member for A tier or NT's...

Comment

Bummer. Anyone, or a couple people, want to sponsor a PDGA membership for a great lady golfer? I want to sponsor her entry to BSF, but can't swing the extra for the PDGA membership. She couldn't play last year either and was really bummed.

Comment

Originally posted by Celeste View Post
            Bummer. Anyone, or a couple people, want to sponsor a PDGA membership for a great lady golfer? I want to sponsor her entry to BSF, but can't swing the extra for the PDGA membership. She couldn't play last year either and was really bummed.
            I just have to say disc golfers are the best people. An hour and a half later and more than one sponsor has already stepped up.
            Very freakin cool everyone.

Comment

I am not sure if this question has been asked and/or answered yet, but how many am spots are there available? Anyone know?

Cindy
              2013 Chick Flick co-TD
              Stumptown #176
              PDGA #37716

Comment

I'm assuming 288? It was 144 before the split...

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                  I'm assuming 288? It was 144 before the split...
                  Not true. Assuming = bad.

Last I heard there are 160ish positions. Without adding another day to the event we can't get that many more people through the courses and still have time for the awards ceremony.
                  "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

160??? Last year there were 311 players for the NT and Ams got 3 rounds and Pros got 2 rounds in on the weekend, for 5 rounds... So I'm sure it's going to be at least 200 or the split weekend concept is void...

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                      160??? Last year there were 311 players for the NT and Ams got 3 rounds and Pros got 2 rounds in on the weekend, for 5 rounds... So I'm sure it's going to be at least 200 or the split weekend concept is void...
                      How can you get 6 rounds into 2 days? That is the problem I'm seeing. It can't happen and have time for an awards ceremony before 9pm on a Sunday night. They can fit in almost twice as many pros because they play for 3 days.

Comment

Originally posted by jevon View Post
                        How can you get 6 rounds into 2 days? That is the problem I'm seeing. It can't happen and have time for an awards ceremony before 9pm on a Sunday night. They can fit in almost twice as many pros because they play for 3 days.
                        Yay! We have a winner.
                        "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by jevon View Post
                          Lets bump it to a 3 day tournament then.

Cindy
                          2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                          Stumptown #176
                          PDGA #37716

Comment

The problem has been that Am's in the area have traditionally balked at the idea of a three day event and so we did not go that route this year when we requested a split weekend with the PDGA. If we have enough support to allow for it then we can surely do that next year.

4 days = 4 rounds, 400 players and awards by 7 pm
                            3 days = 4 rounds, 300 players and awards by 4 pm
                            2 days = 3 rounds, 160 players and awards by 4 pm

I have been trying to figure out how to make 200 work, it would make for a tough day on Saturday to turn the cards and get the next tee times up for the second round. 200 people 100 per course, with 10 minute tee times with only two starting holes at 1 East and 1 West would take 4 hours to start. That means with a 3.5 hour round that last person at the 11:am start time would have to tee off by 4:00 pm which would be impossible to do if we sorted the cards. If we just issued same group tee times for the second round then we could do it but that would suck for the people who are playing at the top of the field not having each other to push on. I am not sure it is a good idea to change the format of the event and not allow sorting of cards between rounds. They did it one year at Worlds and it was not well received. I know I would not like it as a player. So as much as I would like to get more players though the courses in two days it is not feasible without sacrificing the quality of the event.
                            PDGA #25296
                            Stumptown #34

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
                              The problem has been that Am's in the area have traditionally balked at the idea of a three day event and so we did not go that route this year when we requested a split weekend with the PDGA. If we have enough support to allow for it then we can surely do that next year.

4 days = 4 rounds, 400 players and awards by 7 pm
                              3 days = 4 rounds, 300 players and awards by 4 pm
                              2 days = 3 rounds, 160 players and awards by 4 pm

I have been trying to figure out how to make 200 work, it would make for a tough day on Saturday to turn the cards and get the next tee times up for the second round. 200 people 100 per course, with 10 minute tee times with only two starting holes at 1 East and 1 West would take 4 hours to start. That means with a 3.5 hour round that last person at the 11:am start time would have to tee off by 4:00 pm which would be impossible to do if we sorted the cards. If we just issued same group tee times for the second round then we could do it but that would suck for the people who are playing at the top of the field not having each other to push on. I am not sure it is a good idea to change the format of the event and not allow sorting of cards between rounds. They did it one year at Worlds and it was not well received. I know I would not like it as a player. So as much as I would like to get more players though the courses in two days it is not feasible without sacrificing the quality of the event.
                              I would love to play in a field of 300 AM golfers, and a three day sounds great to me. An event of this caliber is worth the extra time and money.
                              A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

^^^^^^^ I second that. ^^^^^^
                                anything truly worth doing is not likely to be easy.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X