2010 Beaver State Fling NT May 28, 29, 30/Super tour June 5, 6 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
    One thing I was wondering is how can people be allowed to play both weekends? Pros and Ams. I do understand that they are paying to play both weekends, so that part is covered no prob. My problem is that on one of the biggest tourney's of the year, people are playing both weekends and taking away someones spot in at least one of those weekends. I say just choose where you want to play and go for it. Dont take away someone elses spot to play so you can play the Fling 2 weeks in a row.

    One in particular. Playing pro when you know you dont stand a chance just so you can play with the big boys, then come back the next weekend to play where you belong?

    No I am not bitching cause I didnt make it in, didnt even try. Just think people should be made to pick a weekend and go with it, if they decide thats where they should be playing.

    ok people lay it on me, I know its coming to me now!!!
    Get the facts. The following was posted by Mike Phillips in this very thread:

    Originally posted by Flash View Post
    We gave every pro every opportunity to register for the NT, heck we even displaced the Am's to another weekend. If they are too lazy to register or complete registration by now tough, its open to anyone and everyone that is a PDGA member. If you want to play both weekends at this point have at it, you will be as tired as Jeff and I will be when its all over!

    Comment


    • Any AMs looking forward to this weekend?
      It seems M&M are running a BSF for us too!!!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
        The Pro side wasn't full, and you like negative attention. Does that help?
        Matt Benotsch is my favorite contributor on this website. All of you other contributors are a close second, I am sure.

        I wonder what Troy's problem with Jeff Elliot is, anyway.

        It's funny. I thought we might see little Troy out at the Fling this weekend. Then I remembered that I was playing with Valerie Jenkins' boyfriend and I am certain Troy stayed away from Milo for all of the right reasons.

        Just doing my part for the disc golf community.
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
          Any AMs looking forward to this weekend?
          It seems M&M are running a BSF for us too!!!
          It will be fun to contrast the two events from a player's perspective. Oh yeah... and it will be fun to play where I belong. At Milo.

          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
            One thing I was wondering is how can people be allowed to play both weekends? Pros and Ams. I do understand that they are paying to play both weekends, so that part is covered no prob. My problem is that on one of the biggest tourney's of the year, people are playing both weekends and taking away someones spot in at least one of those weekends. I say just choose where you want to play and go for it. Dont take away someone elses spot to play so you can play the Fling 2 weeks in a row.

            One in particular. Playing pro when you know you dont stand a chance just so you can play with the big boys, then come back the next weekend to play where you belong?

            No I am not bitching cause I didnt make it in, didnt even try. Just think people should be made to pick a weekend and go with it, if they decide thats where they should be playing.

            ok people lay it on me, I know its coming to me now!!!
            Really Troy? This is what you choose to bitch about? You need to learn to pick your battles a little better.

            Comment


            • please lets just ignore him... don't let a sourpuss ruin our good vibes, juju and fun fun fun!!!

              peace threw disc golf,
              emmarose
              "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
              Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

              Comment


              • Research your subject. Think it through completely. Once those steps have been completed, then open your mouth.

                I'm just saying.

                Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
                One thing I was wondering is how can people be allowed to play both weekends? Pros and Ams. I do understand that they are paying to play both weekends, so that part is covered no prob. My problem is that on one of the biggest tourney's of the year, people are playing both weekends and taking away someones spot in at least one of those weekends. I say just choose where you want to play and go for it. Dont take away someone elses spot to play so you can play the Fling 2 weeks in a row.

                One in particular. Playing pro when you know you dont stand a chance just so you can play with the big boys, then come back the next weekend to play where you belong?

                No I am not bitching cause I didnt make it in, didnt even try. Just think people should be made to pick a weekend and go with it, if they decide thats where they should be playing.

                ok people lay it on me, I know its coming to me now!!!
                "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

                Comment


                • Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                  please lets just ignore him... don't let a sourpuss ruin our good vibes, juju and fun fun fun!!!

                  peace threw disc golf,
                  emmarose

                  Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                  2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                  Stumptown #176
                  PDGA #37716

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                    please lets just ignore him... don't let a sourpuss ruin our good vibes, juju and fun fun fun!!!
                    It's more fun, fun, fun to pile on.

                    Comment


                    • Hey we love the women at the Beaver State Fling, and that is why this year we covered all their rounds on live scoring. We only covered 3 of the men's rounds!

                      Next weekend coming up. We have had a few drops and a few adds. At this point if your spot can be filled and the shirt that was ordered for you can fit the person taking your spot you will get a full refund, else you will get a players pack.
                      PDGA #25296
                      Stumptown #34

                      Comment


                      • thanks, flash!!!

                        i noticed this year that on sunday the ladies had a gallery for their whole round while last year they only had one after the dudes finished up... i love seeing the interest build... and how can it not when women like liz carr are out there shooting under par rounds!?!

                        peace threw disc golf,
                        emmarose
                        "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                        Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                          thanks, flash!!!

                          i noticed this year that on sunday the ladies had a gallery for their whole round while last year they only had one after the dudes finished up... i love seeing the interest build... and how can it not when women like liz carr are out there shooting under par rounds!?!

                          peace threw disc golf,
                          emmarose
                          This weekend we have a great pool of Advanced ladies playing and it should be a real battle at the top. Anyone that wants to see some good golf come out and follow/watch some amazing ladies play our amazing courses at the BSF.

                          Bob

                          Comment


                          • It will definitely be an interesting weekend in all the divisions, MM1 is bound to be a battle... look at all those "old" men comin' out of the frame work. Not to mention 80 of some of the best MA1 players in the region (myself not included in the best comment). It's bound to be a great time.

                            Comment


                            • I am excited to see who throws it down in the MA1 and MM1 divisions. I will comment that having the women's and men's lead pro cards at completely different time frames was an excellent idea and should be further advertised to other players and fans to increase the awareness that anyone coming early in the morning will be able to catch both rounds with a nice break in between for next year.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by jaggarrett View Post
                                It will definitely be an interesting weekend in all the divisions, MM1 is bound to be a battle... look at all those "old" men comin' out of the frame work. Not to mention 80 of some of the best MA1 players in the region (myself not included in the best comment). It's bound to be a great time.
                                Nobody was betting on Christian to battle for the victory either but he has now been crowned a 2010 Beaver State Fling Champion!!!

                                Limit your mistakes and make your necessary putts and you will be surprised!
                                PDGA #25296
                                Stumptown #34

                                Comment

                                Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X