Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *$*$*$*< Tourney @ Whistlers Bend > *$*$*$* - March 20th

Here we go:
    The last stop of the 14th annual Southern Oregon Winter Series will be at the 'top of the list' rated Whistlers Bend Disc Golf Course.
    All amateur/advanced divisions will play on March 20, 2010.
    All pro divisions will play on March 21, 2010.
    All players meet @ 8:30 am, (this includes YOU SHANE WATERS!!)
    All tee times are 9:am.
    In all of the 14 years I've been around this series, (I've played in every one of em'.... knocking on a Wood Roc), there's been a few good battles, but never has there been any race this close and as exciting.
    Shane, Devin and Scotty are rapidly becoming some of the best golfers we have in this state/region.
    If you don't believe me come on down and challenge the 3 of them and all the other upcoming pros, or how about trying to score par at 's with it set in all the toughest settings?
    Welcoming the first day of spring at Whistlers is pretty cool too.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    - Anonymous

is there camping

Comment

camping

Howdy kid,
      Yes, there's camping.
      This time of year there are usually some river spots open.
      If enough peeps get together you can go in on the group spots if available.
      You can always call Doug County parks (440-4500) and ask about reserving group camping and or the yurts.
      James you should come and bring Skelly, Brody and that Doug the bum guy.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      - Anonymous

Comment

Can't wait for this one. Shot an even yesterday with some stiff winds and cold conditions. The Katana and the Nuke are making 16 and 18 feel vulnerable to the birdie!

Comment

how much is this i think me and tyler are coming

Comment

Originally posted by james_the_kid View Post
            how much is this i think me and tyler are coming
            $30 for pro.

Comment

only 4 more wake ups until this sweet tourney. Oh Whistlers bend, how do i love thee. Are we playing all tough placements or a mix?

Comment

new alts @ WB

Originally posted by MOB47 View Post
                Are we playing all tough placements or a mix?
                First round on Saturday will be the "originals", then a few changes for the 2nd round.
                First round on Sunday, golfers will see the toughest settings we have and a few tougher ones that most have never seen. Second round will go back to the regulars, hopefully.
                - Anonymous

Comment

Nice! I really like the idea of playing the toughest of the tough first, then trying to get some redemption playing the awesome original course. Sounds like the best Sunday in a while! I can't wait!

Comment

After playing the course in tough, the OG seems almost easy. ALMOST
                    My drunken words are my sober thoughts!

Comment

SO EXCITED . . . SO EXCITED . . . SO EXCITED . . . ...............

I'm caddying for a bro (Benny) in Ams, Saturday, in trade for his caddying services Sunday!

I talked to County today (while at Parks Dept. on other Whistlers business ), and group camping is still not reserved . . . as Yose has already pointed out a week ago. Rob said that if we decide that we would like to rent the group camping area at any time, just to take the cash or check to the park host, whom has been informed of the likelihood
                      I'm bringing wood . . . and plan on camping Friday and Saturday, if possible

B there

-Derek
                      new DGO.com coming soon

Comment

info

Can anyone tell me any info on this like what is the entry fee and how many people show up, is it worth my drive from 3 hours away? Players pack, or scrip or cash? Thanks I still have not gotten a chance to play Whistlers... This could be it
                        Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Comment

It's never not worth the drive from even farther away.

Comment

some details . . .

Originally posted by CarlitosBonitos View Post
                            Can anyone tell me any info on this like what is the entry fee and how many people show up, is it worth my drive from 3 hours away? Players pack, or scrip or cash? Thanks I still have not gotten a chance to play Whistlers... This could be it

SATURDAY: . . . expect at least 60-80 players
                            Amateurs: $15
                            Advanced: $20

SUNDAY: . . . expect at least 30-50 players
                            Pro Masters: $25
                            Pro Open: $30

No players packs, as far as I know (never been in the past). Scrip for Ams, Cash for Pros . . . and YES, it is worth the drive, especially if you have never been

-Derek

Comment

Thanks Derek and Terry!!!
                              Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X