X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Huk-DMC View Post
    I think that we should take the ace pot and do a Pro/Am random draw doubles and payout with that and have a good time.

I'll Drink to that

Namaste,

Big Al

Comment

I agree with the idea of dubs for dough I think we did that last year too.

Comment

Originally posted by mob47 View Post
        i agree with the idea of dubs for dough I think we did that last year too.
        dubs for the cash!!!!! It was a lot of fun last year, lets do it again..... How much is it this year $400?

Comment

buy a basket for TP

What if SOWS dger's donated the ace pot money to the Grants Pass DGC towards the purchase of a Mach III (hint) for Tom & Watta Pearce Park?
          There's $396 in ace pot cash and $35 that Jim Johnson (thanks bud) donated for a basket fund.
          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
          - Anonymous

Comment

That sounds even better. You are a genius Yose. I noticed today playing a round at pearce that we are up to 6 baskets already!! Just 12 more and we will get to put them all in and never get pearced again!! yay.

Comment

At the risk of sounding like a asshole like normal, i would prefer the money be given out at the finals, in a doubles game or some other format. It was paid in for the SOWS, if people want to donate their winnings from this fund (Assuming we did a doubles game for it Pro/Am) then that would be cool, and their choice. I would like to see all the baskets in at Pearce as much as anyone else that does not live in GP i assume but WE ALL paid this money in and $400 makes for a great round with a chance to play with different players (AMs with pro's and Pro's with AMs)

Just my opinion
              Originally posted by MOB47 View Post
              That sounds even better. You are a genius Yose. I noticed today playing a round at pearce that we are up to 6 baskets already!! Just 12 more and we will get to put them all in and never get pearced again!! yay.

Comment

In my opinion donating the money to any course is better than padding the pockets of the players that have been winning all year anyway. Maybe we could vote on it or do a half and half thing or something. Either way I think we should grow the sport and donate.
                Last edited by MOB47; March 29th, 2010, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Money vs Chains

Originally posted by scottycb1 View Post
                  At the risk of sounding like a asshole like normal, i would prefer the money be given out at the finals, in a doubles game or some other format. It was paid in for the SOWS, if people want to donate their winnings from this fund (Assuming we did a doubles game for it Pro/Am) then that would be cool, and their choice. I would like to see all the baskets in at Pearce as much as anyone else that does not live in GP i assume but WE ALL paid this money in and $400 makes for a great round with a chance to play with different players (AMs with pro's and Pro's with AMs)

Just my opinion

Scott, don't worry about sounding like an asshole like normal.
                  That money was put in to the ace pot originally to be awarded as prize money. So the thought of keeping said cash for the players IMO, is alright.
                  I just know what it was like before we had all the baskets at Whistlers and got excited at a chance to help out.

Looking like a vote on Sam Brown Sunday eh?
                  I vote for chains baby and will try and use my brainwashing powers to convince the rest.

Did I mention that Sam Brown got very SICK?
                  I took both of my golden's up there Sunday and they dug up some new holes.
                  They actually dug up some of the old ones too, especially the ones with little critters popping their heads up.
                  He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                  - Anonymous

Comment

my above post is of course bias because Pearce is the only basket course within an hour of me and the baskets aren't even "good baskets" for lack of a better word. You know where my votes going

Comment

Originally posted by MOB47 View Post
                      In my opinion donating the money to any course is better than padding the pockets of the players that have been winning all year anyway. Maybe we could vote on it or do a half and half thing or something. Either way I think we should grow the sport and donate.
                      Bingo.

Comment

It should be up for grabs in the round we play Sunday morning. Like we have done the last couple of years. I think there where 2 aces last year, Scott and some one else.

Comment

we did the pro/am dubs last year after the singles

Comment

Yep

Comment

high/low dubs

If the dubs get the vote here's a gudt idea for the teams.
                              Some places call it high/low, green blue, but you take the top pro and team them up with the last place finisher in the ams (women included) and work your way towards the middle of the pack. IMO this format is as fair as you can get mixing pro/ams.
                              Spencer is working on a printout right now.
                              Prolly won't matter after the vote.
                              chain chain chaaaaaaain
                              chain of fools
                              - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
                                If the dubs get the vote here's a gudt idea for the teams.
                                Some places call it high/low, green blue, but you take the top pro and team them up with the last place finisher in the ams (women included) and work your way towards the middle of the pack. IMO this format is as fair as you can get mixing pro/ams.
                                Spencer is working on a printout right now.
                                Prolly won't matter after the vote.
                                chain chain chaaaaaaain
                                chain of fools

WOW!!! What a genius idea! . . . I do wonder if the teams towards the middle would have a better chance, but I think, NOT SO. It is very easy to undermind the utility usefullness of a player that only throws 200-250 ft . . .

Sounds like a great idea . . . if only I coulda played worse . . . wait, not possible! lmao

-Derek

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X