X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oregon State Masters championships - August 21-22

On August 21st and 22nd wil be the masters state Championships for Pro masters, am masters, Grandmasters, am grandmasters and women masters. Since Jeff posted the state championships I Have had alot of calls and emails about this so I had this weekend already posted and have sponsor for the event. More details will come and lookin for any help or input fron players who play these divisions.

I agree with Bullseye with what he is trying to do only having a few divisions. Its hard to hold this event and cover all divisions and also please everyone. plus you can focus more on these divisions and have more players on the course. Jeff keep up the good work and I cant wait to hear who is going to be the Open and ADV. state champions. so all master divisions state championships will be this August and the goal is to have a TD for each division. I will be meeting with some of the people who want to help and get details done before the end of the month.

If you want to help or have any input please PM or give me a call at 503-939-0598.
    X - Man

Where will this be?

Comment

i heard Horning's....
      "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

We will be playing at Hornings two days on the gold course and canyon. I got great response from many players and horning will be the best place to host this event. More details to come and sign up will start on april first and yes to out of state players.
        X - Man

Comment

Is this just for the old farts of Oregon or can old farts of Washington play as well?

Comment

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post
            Is this just for the old farts of Oregon or can old farts of Washington play as well?
            Yes to out of State players you Washington players are able to play do to all the players who live in Vancouver.
            X - Man

Comment

Oregon Masters State Championships
              August 21st and 22nd Hornings Hideout

Two days of Masters disc golf to see who the State champions are in each division. You must be 40 or turning 40 in 2010 to compete. You must have four people to make a division. We will be playing 2 round of 18 on Saturday and final 18 on Sunday. The Pro divisions will play Saturday on the Gold course first round and second round on the canyon course with the final round on Sunday on the Gold course. Am division and women master will be playing the canyon course 1st round and the gold course 2nd round with the finals on the canyon course on Sunday.
              Saturday Check in 7:30am to 8:00am players meeting 8:30 and start time will be 9:15. Second round players meeting will be 2:00pm and 2:30pm start time. Lunch will be one hour after the last group comes in and all times subject to change depending on play.
              Sunday players meeting 8:30 am start time 9am and after rounds Awards ceremony as soon as possible so players can get on the road.
              This is a non-PDGA event but we will play by PDGA rules. The two-meter rule will be in effect and there will be drop zones for doglegs.
              Divisions
              Pro Masters - $40 - Pro Grandmasters - $40
              Am Masters - $30 - Am Grandmasters - $30 - All Women Masters - $30
              Horning Hideout daily fee - $3 a day = $6 for both days and $4 fee for camping. You will be responsible for your daily fee and camping fee. It is not part of your entrée and you must pay on arrival. This fee is how Bob Horning pays to have three great courses on his property and keeps improving so please pay your fees and thank Bob for supporting disc golf.
              Players pack for all players and trophies for first, second and third place for all divisions. Sponsor money will go to pay out for all divisions and players packs. All entree fees will be 100% pay out on top of added money from sponsors. Max field is 108 players and sign up ends June 30th.
              _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
              Make check or money order out to Keith Shupp – 140 N.E. 18th ST. Gresham, OR 97030 503-939-0598
              Division you are playing.
              Shirt size – XXL –XL – L- Small.
              X - Man

Comment

Talk with Jeff Hemmerling tonight and he is going to run the am masters division group for the championship. I will be running the pro masters and still looking for someone to run the grandmasters group. What we are doing is each person will be doing the score cards, tee assignments, awards for there division. this way there will be four TD,s and each person will be able to play instead of one person doing all the work and not be able to play.

Thanks to Jeff ( the cheerleader) Hemmerling for stepping up.
                X - Man

Comment

So did registration for this start just today? Is this expected to fill fast? Also can someone tell me about how far & how long a drive Hornings is from I-5 South?

Comment

I dont know exactly how far off I-5 since I only live 20 mins from Hornings, but I would say it is about 45 mins? give or take
                    All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun View Post
                      So did registration for this start just today? Is this expected to fill fast? Also can someone tell me about how far & how long a drive Hornings is from I-5 South?
                      From the 217 exit off I-5 I'd say 30-35 minutes.

Comment

Two rounds on the GOLD COURSE?

Now there's a Master's\Knee friendly course. I assume Keith will be playing PRO.

AM I Am... Cheers

Comment

Oh baby... I am IN this year!!!

Check soon to be in the mail, Keith.
                          “I believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know — Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, that’s in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, I’ll know I’m a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? I’m not sure, but it’s possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.”
                          ~Annika Sörenstam

Comment

Sam, glad to see you join the club. Your backbrace and cane will be in the mail soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
                              From the 217 exit off I-5 I'd say 30-35 minutes.
                              Except he said I-5 SOUTH, meaning he is coming from the north...

Answer would be the same though, about 30-35 minutes from the I-405 exit.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X