X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beaver State Fling Registration Survey

As the Beaver State Fling is the flagship disc golf tournament for our area, I am interested in garnering some information on the recent registration events. Please respond only about the 2010 Beaver State Fling registration for now.

Thanks for participating in the poll!
    To play with the best players in the world
    16.67%
    Just want to play the event, don't care what division I am in
    16.67%
    Win cash, instead of script
    0.00%
    To play in a local NT event
    11.11%
    To qualify for the USDGC
    16.67%
    Experience playing in a high level tournament
    33.33%
    Other
    5.56%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by sol; March 2nd, 2010, 02:01 PM.

Good poll.
    Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

A couple follow-up questions to the poll.

Originally posted by all2common View Post
      Good poll.

(1) If you did not get in, what time did you first try to sign up?

(2) (For Ams only) If you could ensure you would be able to sign up during the Amateur sign up process, would you still sign up in open?

(3) Will you continue to play the Beaver State Fling, if there is not a significant number of elite open pros?

(4) Would you be able to play if the tournament started on Thursday?

(5) (For Ams only) Would you still want to play, if one of your rounds was at Timber Park?

It seems like these sort of questions have been coming up in respect to the BSF sign up process last night, and I would love to see what other people think.

Comment

2) I do not feel as though I'm prepared skill-wise to compete at that level right now, so I would not sign up for pro.

5) I would still play if one of my rounds was at Timber.

That being said, it's become apparent that this tournament should become separate pro/am weekends.
        Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

I can't say I wouldn't participate if one of my rounds was at Timber or if it was held on separate weekends, but it certainly wouldn't be the same. I'd have to think about it.

To me, a big attraction of the Fling is competing on the same courses at (roughly) the same time as the top pros in our game. It's pretty awesome to throw down a 70 on the west course in the morning and then hear about someone destroying the course in the afternoon with a 48. It's also pretty awesome to bump into Dave, Ken, Avery, Nicco, etc. between rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by sol View Post

(2) (For Ams only) If you could ensure you would be able to sign up during the Amateur sign up process, would you still sign up in open?

(3) Will you continue to play the Beaver State Fling, if there is not a significant number of elite open pros?

(5) (For Ams only) Would you still want to play, if one of your rounds was at Timber Park?

It seems like these sort of questions have been coming up in respect to the BSF sign up process last night, and I would love to see what other people think.
            I hope people will share their thoughts here. Thanks

Comment

--- I got in. I had the site up at 5:55 and was waiting for 6pm to arrive.

--- I'm registered with PDGA as Am, but it's about time to step up and play pro.. so yes I would have still registered as Pro.

--- Yes, this is not the main reason I play the event.

--- Perhaps, but it would be a harder "sell".

--- N/A for me.
              Breeze Huckin Master

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
              Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X