• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sows # 9 @ lake selmac - March 6-7, 2010

Amateur/advanced > Saturday, March 6.
    Pro > Sunday, March 7.
    Lake Selmac, Selma

Having ams on one day and pros the next is obviously more work, but...
    it's definitely been worth it.
    I'm looking forward to this being a new trend for the SOWS.
    Some of us had forgotten how cool groups of 3 can be.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    - Anonymous

Where will the settings be for the pro day? Also, will it be more than 18? Temps? Thanks

Comment

lets do this. If you have not followed the SOWS at all this year its the biggest winter series in the northwest right now attendance wise. Pay outs are great in pro too. Its a 3 person race for the overall title right now with Shane Waters leading myself and Devin by 1 point 494, 493,493, nobody else is really close. Selmac is probably going to decide who wins the series, even though there is one event left. Join the fun, 2 day event,

Scott Withers

Originally posted by MOB47 View Post
      Where will the settings be for the pro day? Also, will it be more than 18? Temps? Thanks

Comment

so ez a caveman can do it

Originally posted by MOB47 View Post
        Jess,
        Caveman Carlson will be running that part of the show.
        He was talking a while back about adding holes, but I don't see the need myself.
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        - Anonymous

Comment

Anyone from Roseburg going down Sunday for Pro? I could use a ride and willing to help with gas $$$.

Namaste
          Big Al

Comment

there will be 22 holes on the pro day all B placements on the back 9. All A placements on the am day.

Comment

Originally posted by droppin' deuces View Post
              there will be 22 holes on the pro day all B placements on the back 9. All A placements on the am day.
              . . . sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

-Derek
              new DGO.com up soon

Comment

Love this course!!! Great mix of shots, there will definatly be holes added on sunday, baskets are in B right now, they might just stay that way for the 1st round of ams on sat! Hope the weather is nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Su-Z-Q View Post
                  Love this course!!! Great mix of shots, there will definatly be holes added on sunday, baskets are in B right now, they might just stay that way for the 1st round of ams on sat! Hope the weather is nice!

Selmac is awesome, probably the best oregon course that nobody from up north has never been to. Great layout fun shots and stuff. Added holes will make for more fun,

Yose just a suggestion, and i think most of the pro's would agree with me, we would prefer groups of 4 instead of 3. Keeps the pace of play more normal, not too fast.

Comment

Originally posted by scottycb1 View Post
                    Selmac is awesome, probably the best oregon course that nobody from up north has never been to. Great layout fun shots and stuff. Added holes will make for more fun,

Yose just a suggestion, and i think most of the pro's would agree with me, we would prefer groups of 4 instead of 3. Keeps the pace of play more normal, not too fast.
                    Wow, mistaken on 2 counts: Corrections:

1: We northerners HAVE been to Lake Selmac, and we loved it.

2: Most golfers, pro or otherwise, would prefer to play faster, and in smaller groups.
                    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

threesomes or foursomes.

Safari is the first time that I've played in a tourney as a threesome. It was only 1 person less but it was very different. I know most people liked it but to me it was odd. I felt like I was out there by myself. I am very competitive but I still really enjoy the social aspect of disc golf. Ive just become used to foursomes+.
                      As far as the speed of the round it may have been faster overall but we still had to wait for groups off the tee. Id rather wait on the fairway for my other group members than wait on the tee. It seems to be different when your waiting on the teepad getting ready to throw. maybe just me.
                      But I wont be complaining either way.
                      -Devin Cordell #38801

Comment

Originally posted by Huk-DMC View Post
                        Safari is the first time that I've played in a tourney as a threesome. It was only 1 person less but it was very different. I know most people liked it but to me it was odd. I felt like I was out there by myself. I am very competitive but I still really enjoy the social aspect of disc golf. Ive just become used to foursomes+.
                        As far as the speed of the round it may have been faster overall but we still had to wait for groups off the tee. Id rather wait on the fairway for my other group members than wait on the tee. It seems to be different when your waiting on the teepad getting ready to throw. maybe just me.
                        But I wont be complaining either way.

I agree with Devin, although i might complain... I would MUCH rather wait on my group than wait on tee box's

Comment

But with a foresome you'd be waiting both on the fairway AND at the tee.

I'd love playing in a group of three. My best rounds come solo or with one other person. I want to get to my disc and huk it. My game suffers when I have to think about it too much.

Comment

I can hardly wait for this event. One of my favorite SOWS events. Selmac is great and the SOWS are great. I have had a crappy day and I just keep looking at this thread for a smile. Bring on the B placements!

Comment

it don't matter to me

Originally posted by scottycb1 View Post
                              I have no problem with what the majority wants.
                              I just want to avoid the groups of five.
                              We masters had 6 groups of 3 and loved it.
                              Tinnyrate, this gig is Adam's call, and I'm sure we'll do as he tells us.
                              - Anonymous

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X